Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As Islam is a religion of peace - which muslim country would you liek to live in ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Doesn't being a better Muslim mean giving Dawah to non-Muslims? How would you do that when you hope you "don't run into many non-muslims"?

Sounds pretty anti-Muslim to me.
    I feel more comfortable and safe around Muslims than I do around non-muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Easy, Morroco, specifically Salé or Fes. Muslims in the west, whether ‘traditionally’ minded or otherwise, have a serious problem: when they come together, they don’t talk about God, they talk about ‘Islam’. Several hours can fly by comfortably discussing fiqh, grammar, ‘the wahabis’ etc, but when God is mentioned without a legal context, people start picking at their nails and looking at the floor. Amongst the Muslims in Morocco I found the opposite; they look in amazement at the creation of God and His Majesty, and spend their time exhorting one another to His remembrance, and talk of this world, or too much exoteric knowledge which is in no way related to the essence of the worship of God bores them to sleep. They are the People of God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreedomCostsTax)
    Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.
    so i guess you need somewhere where its legal to be a racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    you should see how safe you feel living in Mosul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    yes, well, you should judge a country by a group of rights called 'human rights'. This includes everything from the right to religious freedom, the right to not face discrimination based on gender or sexuality, the right to freedom of expression and speech, the right to a fair trial and freedom from torture...Unfortunately quite a few all muslim countries seem to be lacking when it comes to decent human rights, and in terms of oppression and inequality, well, the Middle East/Sub-Saharan Africa is the place to be!!
    I couldn't care less about the rights for homosexuals to marry. We will never let that happen in our Muslim countries and we don't give a **** about what the west has to say about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, you didn't answer my original question but ok I'll accept this.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, you didn't answer my original question but ok I'll accept this.
    Regarding your question about Dawah, I love to do it but my knowledge on Islam isn't that great atm. Maybe in the future when I know more, I will travel to England from Pakistan to give Dawahs.

ReputationRep:
    Dubai seems nice...but I probably count hack the 40 + degrees everyday...

ReputationRep:
    Any of them before western europe systematically set out to turn them into failed states.
    Every single muslim country is a better place to be than catholic francos spain or communist orthodox christian countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baldness)
    Which muslim country would you like to live in and why ?
    one that is not propped up by the west.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less about the rights for homosexuals to marry. We will never let that happen in our Muslim countries and we don't give a **** about what the west has to say about it.
    i didn't say anything about that though, did I? Re-read my post. I talked about human rights- a word that remains unfamiliar to the muslim world. By the way, you should care what the west has to say, where do you think the aid comes from?

ReputationRep:
    Regarding your question about Dawah, I love to do it but my knowledge on Islam isn't that great atm. Maybe in the future when I know more, I will travel to England from Pakistan to give Dawahs.
    Ok but my original question was regarding what happened for you to change your mind about non-Muslims? You used to have a humanistic approach towards them.

ReputationRep:
    Ok but my original question was regarding what happened for you to change your mind about non-Muslims? You used to have a humanistic approach towards them.
    I'll vm you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreedomCostsTax)
    Doha has better living conditions than anywhere in the UK but I'm not sure if I could stand all the Filipinos for very long.
    Unless you're one of the foreign workers who are treated as slaves with many of them dying of exhaustion. Conditions aren't so great for them.

@OP, Frankly I wouldn't want to live in any country which follows the teachings of a 7th century death-cult.

ReputationRep:
    I'll vm you soon.
    Ok sure.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Malaysia

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan... oh you beauty.

(Original post by Meenglishnogood)
      so i guess you need somewhere where its legal to be a racist
      No. Just somewhere where theres people that I have something in common with.

(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
        bull****
        You can disagree all you like but I've been there and seen it for myself.

(Original post by tengentoppa)
          Unless you're one of the foreign workers who are treated as slaves with many of them dying of exhaustion. Conditions aren't so great for them.

@OP, Frankly I wouldn't want to live in any country which follows the teachings of a 7th century death-cult.
          Yeah, that first part is true. The foreign workers from the Philippines are treated horribly by the Arabs in the Gulf.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.