The Student Room Group

Ask a soon-to-be third year anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JulietheCat

if you could study anything right now wahat would it be?
Original post by Wee.Guy
at least you prefer micro so thats not so bad. do you know the list of modules to choose from yet?

Yep and I already chose them :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by SecretDuck
Yep and I already chose them :smile:

thats good i dont know my modules yet :frown:
Original post by Chezsa
What little nuggets of wisdom would you give to a soon to be second year?

Second year is more important than first year - so prepare for a lot more work!

And try not to fall asleep in lectures, even if the lecturer is boring and old as ****.

Original post by Wee.Guy
if you could study any degree right now what would it be?

I'd study Creative Writing :smile:

Original post by OnionRing
Did you join a swimming club at uni? I don't know how to swim and I'm interested :smile:

Not exactly, I had swim lessons in North London though. They're pretty cheap and I can learn how to swim pretty quickly. Only, the pool has very high chlorine so don't wear beach swimwear there!

What other sports or societies did you join?

I joined the Poker Soc, the Video Gaming Soc and the Music Soc. :smile:

Dating in uni? How did you find it?

Pretty good, actually. I dated amazing people of both genders and I loved it :biggrin:

How much did you spend per week?

£500 per month for rent (I share with five other people in a ginormous flat), £30 for my share of the groceries per week, £200 per semester for all the textbooks, £100 for going out per month (I don't club all that much).

Did you shop for groceries online or in store? I'm thinking of doing it online as I don't want to carry heavy bags :tongue:

We ordered online for Sainsbury's but went in store to Aldi and Waitrose (Waitrose has some good quality items that are pretty crap or non-existent at Aldi; coleslaw, potato salad and anchovy fillets).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending