Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is she still upset? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Maybe she would have done well, she'll never know because of you
    In years to come she might laugh about the whole thing and time heals all wounds anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iseveryoneok?)
    No I am not joking. It is not "really bad". She does not know that anyone has wiped the memory stick and believes that she damaged it. I am not going to tell her as I do not wish to cause bitterness.
    tbh it is really bad if you are allowing her to blame herself for the damage when it really isn't her fault..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    tbh it is really bad if you are allowing her to blame herself for the damage when it really isn't her fault..
    Everyone makes mistakes and everyone has their problems.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone makes mistakes and everyone has their problems.
    yes you made a mistake.. but shouldn't you just own up to it and tell her? & when you say you don't want to cause anger and hate, tbh that's just the consequences of your actions, she will have the right to hate you, but if she wants to forgive you, then that's what she will do but that's up to her. It seems like you just don't want her to hate you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Well you are a vile person but she should've backed up those notes...I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have a copy on her own laptop/computer.
    I am not a vile person so we will have to disagree on that. However, I do agree that she should have backuped the notes. She seems a very lazy person to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Sound like a total c###
    Why would you experiment on someones memory stick, without permission? It takes 2 secs to ask for permission...

You should tell her, so she can tell you how much of a **** you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee19)
    yes you made a mistake.. but shouldn't you just own up to it and tell her? & when you say you don't want to cause anger and hate, tbh that's just the consequences of your actions, she will have the right to hate you, but if she wants to forgive you, then that's what she will do but that's up to her. It seems like you just don't want her to hate you.
    No, I will not tell her. She needs to move on and not blame other people for her problems. If I tell her then she will blame me whereas if I do not she will grow as a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    Sound like a total c###
    Why would you experiment on someones memory stick, without permission? It takes 2 secs to ask for permission...

You should tell her, so she can tell you how much of a **** you are
    There is no need for that type of language. I needed a memory stick and I did not want to ask for permission. Telling her would open up wounds and that would be callous.

ReputationRep:
    No, I will not tell her. She needs to move on and not blame other people for her problems. If I tell her then she will blame me whereas if I do not she will grow as a person.
    lool i don't know what makes you think that not telling her will be a life lesson for her. You're in the wrong
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    There is no need for that type of language. I needed a memory stick and I did not want to ask for permission. Telling her would open up wounds and that would be callous.

LOOOOL You are 100% troll material. Good one though. Anyway why would you NOT want to ask for permission? Why would you not just use a memory stick with useless data, sure someone has a spare one lying around- god forbid you idk ASKED.

Anyway LMAO callous. Yeah you tell yourself that. I hope she wipes out your memory stick/laptop/phone data. Now that would be a fun experiment

ReputationRep:
    Troll :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    LOOOOL You are 100% troll material. Good one though. Anyway why would you NOT want to ask for permission? Why would you not just use a memory stick with useless data, sure someone has a spare one lying around- god forbid you idk ASKED.

Anyway LMAO callous. Yeah you tell yourself that. I hope she wipes out your memory stick/laptop/phone data. Now that would be a fun experiment
    No, I am not a troll. I do not want my data wiped that is why I used someone elses memory stick.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, earlier this year I wiped the memory stick of a girl I know, do not worry she did not know who did it and believes that there must be an error on it. I did it just to see if I could (I did not want to use my own memory stick). Anyway it turns out that all of her A level revision notes were on there and with not enough time to write more, she flunked her exams and has been depressed ever since (crying frequently from what I hear). I am not going to tell her it was me (that would be immoral) but I want her to move on and realise that A levels are not everything. What can I do to get her to stop moping?
    I'm just so confused why you wanted to see if you could wipe someone's memory stick? What is so magical about selecting all documents and click delete? It's the exact same as right clicking on any folder on your computer and select delete..

That aside, it is actually quite bad I think :/ besides her losing all her notes, due to all the stress she might now not get her expected grades and not get onto a certain course. It could actually really affect her. of course, in the grander scheme of things, she is not going to die and will survive and all but that doesn't mean you can just brush it off as 'ooh it's not really that bad' I think it is also important to acknowledge that what you did was not okay!

I don't know to what extend you know this person but I think there really is not that much you can do other than just be there for her and support her.

Like other's have said, I hope that if anything, she realised that you should never keep data solely on a memory stick

Take care and don't do it again! ^^

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope you are a troll and this is your twisted idea of fun!

However if for some sick reason you are not a troll, you are an awful person.

Calling this girl lazy and saying its her fault is completely out of order. If she went to the trouble of typing out all of her notes, she is obviously not lazy at all. As someone who has had the experience of losing a memory stick in the middle of my A2 year I know how stressful it can be, thankfully it was only essays and a little coursework on mine. But to steal someone else's property and wipe all their efforts off it is disgusting. Maybe she's not the type of person that can learn from a text book and has to have her own set of notes that she has wrote in her wording, and maybe because of you she didn't have time to do it all over again, therefore it is your fault if this girl does bad in her exams, you have set this girl up to fail with your stupidity and utter disregard for the feelings of others.
    I hope she finds out it was you and she goes on a rampage.

Oh, you saying her finding out would be immoral? I think you need to look up the definition of immoral or an immoral act and then maybe if you can get past your own ignorance, you will see the only immoral act committed was you wiping all of this poor girls work off her memory stick.

One more thing, so what she didn't back up all of her work, maybe she just didn't expect some utter idiot to come along and wipe her memory stick.

ReputationRep:
    I am not a vile person so we will have to disagree on that. However, I do agree that she should have backuped the notes. She seems a very lazy person to be honest.
    Disagree all you want but most people on here seem to agree with me. Why you would wipe someone's notes is beyond me, the fact you can't even see why that's a horrible thing to do suggests you are a sociopath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Disagree all you want but most people on here seem to agree with me. Why you would wipe someone's notes is beyond me, the fact you can't even see why that's a horrible thing to do suggests you are a sociopath.
    I agree with you, although I'd go more towards them being a narcissistic sociopath

ReputationRep:
    You mess up people's stuff, and possibly her life... You still don't think you're wrong?!!

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, earlier this year I wiped the memory stick of a girl I know, do not worry she did not know who did it and believes that there must be an error on it. I did it just to see if I could (I did not want to use my own memory stick). Anyway it turns out that all of her A level revision notes were on there and with not enough time to write more, she flunked her exams and has been depressed ever since (crying frequently from what I hear). I am not going to tell her it was me (that would be immoral) but I want her to move on and realise that A levels are not everything. What can I do to get her to stop moping?
    Sounds like she needs a good kick up the backside, tbh. If she were that dedicated to her work she would have made a backup. Do not tell her it was you otherwise she'l try to make out its your fault

ReputationRep:
    I call troll.

Think about it this person has committed the worst possible crime to the TSR community - deleting someone's study notes. Of course we're riled up! If someone deleted my google drive I'd cry and possibly commit murder I have all my MA thesis work on there plus articles and notes and completed chapters. I fail to see that a person could not see the implications of attempting to do it. OP you KNEW how annoying it is to lose data hence you didn't test your own memory stick. So don't pretend it was a mistake - a mistake is doing something by accident not mucking about with someone else's property without their permission and ****ing it up!
    I think you need to leave this poor girl well alone before you cause anymore damage - whether she would've passed/ got higher grades with those notes is irrelevant, you significantly reduced her chances by actively ****ing with her stuff - not by causing a mistake!
    Put it in perspective- if I STEAL my dads car which is NOT MY PROPERTY and then attempt to see if I can IRREPARABLY DAMAGE said item by crashing into a wall or a river then it is NOT an accident or mistake it is YOUR FAULT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
    I fail to see that a person could not understand the difference between mistake and fault unless you're willingly doing so to expiate yourself of guilt which is unlikely - I think you just like the attention.

I've remembered why I don't go on TSR often. Stoopid trolls.

ReputationRep:
    i hope this is a troll cause if not thats really low...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.