Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else arrival time 4.30?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TezST)

(Original post by TezST)

No sorry mate, I'm an hour earlier than That!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TezST)
    I'm an hour earlier mate, assuming the trains are all on time.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't revived any details regarding train or PRTC yet. Hoping I get then this week

ReputationRep:
    I would call up your afco as sometimes they may forget or have forgotten to send you the email. i would just make sure that they havent forgotten you.

ReputationRep:
    Called them today, said I'll receive it by today or tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    That's good. My train tickets came withing the hour when I requested mine. Good to know they are on the way!
    (Original post by JohnRJones)
    Called them today, said I'll receive it by today or tomorrow ������

ReputationRep:
    Got my tickets now, train arrives at wendover at 1600

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering how will we know each other... Few of us are going from this forum, but it'l be over 100 in total!
    5 days to go... Exciting

ReputationRep:
    Yeah didn't think there'd be that many! Excited and nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't think there would be that many either, sorting all my kit out this weekend. Looking forward to it, but want it over and done with ha!

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick one, do we have to arrive clean shaven on Tuesday? I don't usually shave, just trim, so would I be okay to arrive with stumble and shave the first night there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Just a quick one, do we have to arrive clean shaven on Tuesday? I don't usually shave, just trim, so would I be okay to arrive with stumble and shave the first night there?
    Absolutely not!
    You should be presentable at all times, also don't forget to arrive in a suit. The minute you are stepping off that train you are on the clock, even if you haven't been officially sworn in yet. You are watched and judged not just when you are performing test, but at all times.
    At our AST, never mind an interview, guys were told off for not being smartly dressed and clean shaven.
    The only thing recruiters didn't require was the haircut, as you are not in yet, but smart appearance is a must.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_wolf)
    Absolutely not!
    You should be presentable at all times, also don't forget to arrive in a suit. The minute you are stepping off that train you are on the clock, even if you haven't been officially sworn in yet. You are watched and judged not just when you are performing test, but at all times.
    At our AST, never mind an interview, guys were told off for not being smartly dressed and clean shaven.
    The only thing recruiters didn't require was the haircut, as you are not in yet, but smart appearance is a must.
    Thank you for that. Yeah a suit was a definite no question about it, just didn't realise the clean shaven would be, but makes sense as always been judged whilst there from start to finish. Oh well first clean shave in about 7 years for me it is then! Will knock a few years off me at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Thank you for that. Yeah a suit was a definite no question about it, just didn't realise the clean shaven would be, but makes sense as always been judged whilst there from start to finish. Oh well first clean shave in about 7 years for me it is then! Will knock a few years off me at least

How old are you then?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should get rid on my mustache before I arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swalley)
    Do you think I should get rid on my mustache before I arrive?
    Haha, good one
    I think you should be alright ))

ReputationRep:

How old are you then?
    Haha 26, although work colleagues guess me at 30s which I never know how to take!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ22)
    Haha 26, although work colleagues guess me at 30s which I never know how to take!
    Can't be the actual wisdom?
    Must be the stubble? Or is it the partying and the hard work?

ReputationRep:
    Can't be the actual wisdom?
    Must be the stubble? Or is it the partying and the hard work?
    I'll go with the hard work . Or purely just the stubble if I'm honest. Certainly not the partying, haven't done enough of that for it to be that, sport has always come first!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.