Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Ye i thought the whole plot around the governer kinda lame tbh. Went on for way too long and kinda unrealistic tbh. They're just ordinary people but they somehow kill ****loads of US marines.
    Absolutely. It's ridiculous haha. But it's pretty enjoyable. If it was realistic then they'd all have been killed by the marines and that would be the end of the show. But as it stands, it's not realistic! We're talking about a zombie apocalypse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddysmith123)
    Season 5 I believe starts in September or October

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It better, i just repped u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeroName)
    It better, i just repped u.
    LOL yh I just double checked it should be october 12th, but if not it would roughly start again at this time as many other shows do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    nope, they still have not managed to find a cure or to explain how the zombies came to be. After season 1 where we saw the doctor in the CDC explaining about the zombies, there hasn't been anything further to explain their origin or anything like that. At least i dont think so...

maybe eventually, they will find a cure or something. it will be interesting to see how they decide to end the show.

I just finished season 2 and WOW they killed shane! Rick at the end of that episode was intense, I was definitely not expecting that from him - but then again I don't understand why Lori and Carl are so upset by Rick killing Shane it was out of self defense, Shane wanted to kill him and was a threat.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished season 2 and WOW they killed shane! Rick at the end of that episode was intense, I was definitely not expecting that from him - but then again I don't understand why Lori and Carl are so upset by Rick killing Shane it was out of self defense, Shane wanted to kill him and was a threat.
    Lori is a terrible wife. And Carl is just silly in general.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Currently on season 3, really enjoying it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

Yeah, I never understood why Lori and Carl were so upset, I actually felt quite a lot of contempt for them at that point. I don't thin they fully grasped or understood the situation, or perhaps Rick didn't make it clear enough (the way he phrased it made it seem like he killed him just because he wanted to). But Shane was the one who planned on killing Rick, and Rick gave him every chance to redeem himself but sadly, Rick realised there was only one possible outcome. But yeah...Lori and Carl looked at him as if he was some sort of evil monster, they had no idea that he put his life on the line for them, they seemed very ungrateful and bitter.

I was disappointed to see Shane killed off. He was one of my favourite characters. But he pushed Rick way too far, WAY too far, there was no coming back from that.

Also, I can't believe Carl raised his gun on his dad when he saw Rick leaning over Shane's corpse!! That little brat!! How dare he?!

My favourite moment: "If you're staying...lets just get one thing straight. This isn't a democracy any more." (That look on T-dog's face...priceless!!) That final scene with rick addressing the group, that was really intense. Beth was *****ing on him, Glenn was getting agitated, but rick was as cold as ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Lori is a terrible wife. And Carl is just silly in general.
    Yh I just don't understand her! I liked her a bit more this season, but then she goes and makes a big deal of Shane dying when it really was Rick or shane in that moment. I think she does crave attention, but it gets me wondering having watched breaking bad does AMC have a thing for making their female characters generally dislikeable? Skyler in bb was annoying and so is Lori and I think the only female I like on the walking dead has to be maggie and that's mainly because of Glenn tbf...

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

Yeah, I never understood why Lori and Carl were so upset, I actually felt quite a lot of contempt for them at that point. I don't thin they fully grasped or understood the situation, or perhaps Rick didn't make it clear enough (the way he phrased it made it seem like he killed him just because he wanted to). But Shane was the one who planned on killing Rick, and Rick gave him every chance to redeem himself but sadly, Rick realised there was only one possible outcome. But yeah...Lori and Carl looked at him as if he was some sort of evil monster, they had no idea that he put his life on the line for them, they seemed very ungrateful and bitter.

I was disappointed to see Shane killed off. He was one of my favourite characters. But he pushed Rick way too far, WAY too far, there was no coming back from that.

Also, I can't believe Carl raised his gun on his dad when he saw Rick leaning over Shane's corpse!! That little brat!! How dare he?!

My favourite moment: "If you're staying...lets just get one thing straight. This isn't a democracy any more." (That look on T-dog's face...priceless!!) That final scene with rick addressing the group, that was really intense. Beth was *****ing on him, Glenn was getting agitated, but rick was as cold as ice.
    I know when he delivered that line I was like WOW! Like Rick had evolved a lot in that episode, and I absolutely loved and hated him for it. But, I think some of the characters like Carol and Lori in this episode where far too annoying. The amount of stuff Rick has done for them to save them and keep them together is more than I think most of them could have, and they kind of ignore that and focus on his flaws. I feel sorry for him, but then your right he didn't explain himself very well. I'm intrigued by the hooded person that saved Andrea though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Currently on season 3, really enjoying it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh it's a good show, and the acting is great! I'm about to start season 3 too - can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Yh I just don't understand her! I liked her a bit more this season, but then she goes and makes a big deal of Shane dying when it really was Rick or shane in that moment. I think she does crave attention, but it gets me wondering having watched breaking bad does AMC have a thing for making their female characters generally dislikeable? Skyler in bb was annoying and so is Lori and I think the only female I like on the walking dead has to be maggie and that's mainly because of Glenn tbf...
    OMG most annoying characters EVER are:

Andrea from walking dead
    Lori from walking dead
    Skylar from breaking bad
    Marie from breaking bad

Maggie is cool though, I like her. But glenn...I really hate that dude!

ReputationRep:
    I know when he delivered that line I was like WOW! Like Rick had evolved a lot in that episode, and I absolutely loved and hated him for it. But, I think some of the characters like Carol and Lori in this episode where far too annoying. The amount of stuff Rick has done for them to save them and keep them together is more than I think most of them could have, and they kind of ignore that and focus on his flaws. I feel sorry for him, but then your right he didn't explain himself very well. I'm intrigued by the hooded person that saved Andrea though...
    Ooooh, that woman in the hood with the sword, she's really badass (one of my favourite characters on the show, although she's a bit weird mentally, but who can blame her).

And like I said before, Rick continues to 'evolve' and change. He really does deliver on his dictatorship promise in season 3!! Some of the stuff he goes on to do in seasons 3 and 4...truly messed up, but he does it for a reason. Basically, he does take it to the extreme. He goes through a steady decline. Really awesome stuff coming up in seasons 3 and 4. But it's not all fast paced action, it's gonna be a bit slow in some parts, lots of filler episodes.

Also, about Lori, the writers actually do a good job with her later. I actually felt sorry for her and sympathised with her in season 3, you'll see. I hated her at the end of season 2, but later on, she becomes humanised, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    OMG most annoying characters EVER are:

Andrea from walking dead
    Lori from walking dead
    Skylar from breaking bad
    Marie from breaking bad

Maggie is cool though, I like her. But glenn...I really hate that dude!
    Ooooh, that woman in the hood with the sword, she's really badass (one of my favourite characters on the show, although she's a bit weird mentally, but who can blame her).

And like I said before, Rick continues to 'evolve' and change. He really does deliver on his dictatorship promise in season 3!! Some of the stuff he goes on to do in seasons 3 and 4...truly messed up, but he does it for a reason. Basically, he does take it to the extreme. He goes through a steady decline. Really awesome stuff coming up in seasons 3 and 4. But it's not all fast paced action, it's gonna be a bit slow in some parts, lots of filler episodes.

Also, about Lori, the writers actually do a good job with her later. I actually felt sorry for her and sympathised with her in season 3, you'll see. I hated her at the end of season 2, but later on, she becomes humanised, if that makes sense.
    OMG I find those exact characters annoying too - besides Glenn, I think I may have a crush on him which might cloud my judgement though LOL. But, I can't wait to see more of Rick and his dictatorship I actually love it!!!!! I hope Lori's character does improve because I genuinely cannot stand her right now.

ReputationRep:

OH and please tell me that Carol and Daryl have a romantic relationship because they seem to care about each other, or is it more of a friendship?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I find those exact characters annoying too - besides Glenn, I think I may have a crush on him which might cloud my judgement though LOL. But, I can't wait to see more of Rick and his dictatorship I actually love it!!!!! I hope Lori's character does improve because I genuinely cannot stand her right now.
    Yeah she definitely improves. Right off the bat in season 3, she's completely different to how she was in the season 2 finale. I actually felt really sorry for her later on.

ReputationRep:
    OH and please tell me that Carol and Daryl have a romantic relationship because they seem to care about each other, or is it more of a friendship?
    haha do you want me to tell you?

ReputationRep:
    love the series but do any of you play the actual game? ive been waiting for the next section to come out for a while now

ReputationRep:
    Idk I want to but then I dont either I do think there would be something there hopefully I like them! Yh I started watching the first episode of season 3 and rick has been more cold than ive seen so im excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Wow Rick crying when Lori dies is sooo funny. at first I thought he was mocking carl LOL I was crying and laughing through that! But, I was sad to see her go - even though she was annoying

ReputationRep:
    Wow Rick crying when Lori dies is sooo funny. at first I thought he was mocking carl LOL I was crying and laughing through that! But, I was sad to see her go - even though she was annoying
    LOL that was a pretty funny scene! "No no no no...no no no..." I think it took him a moment to realise Lori wasn't there. ave you seen the episode after that? MAJOR mental breakdown for Rick, I think that's when things begin to get really bad for him. Wow you're quite far into it now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.