Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bands you have seen so far in 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I might forget some, but Arctic Monkeys, Miles Kane, Tame Impala, Royal Blood (that was all at Finsbury Park I admit but was amazing), Bombay Bicycle Club, Wolf Alice, Allah-Las, and then The Cribs, White Lies, Peace, Swim Deep, Superfood, Dan Croll, a bit of Catfish and the Bottlemen and probably some others at this random small festival in Oxford haha.. I've definitely forgotten a few small ones but they're probably all the big ones..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Bombay bicycle club at Earls Court. I was literally blown away- haven't enjoyed myself that much in years.
    I was there too!! They were actually really good, I wasnt expecting that much but was pleasantly suprised and when David Gilmour came on... !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoifeaoifeaoife)
    I was there too!! They were actually really good, I wasnt expecting that much but was pleasantly suprised and when David Gilmour came on... !!
    It was the atmosphere as well.. Being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you about this band.
    Yeah, there was a lot of cheering going on!
    I liked the range of stuff they sang as well, I think the highlights for me were evening morning and feel. God- that intro in feel!!!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Fall Out Boy, New Politics, The Pretty Reckless, Hollywood Undead, Icon for Hire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    It was the atmosphere as well.. Being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you about this band.
    Yeah, there was a lot of cheering going on!
    I liked the range of stuff they sang as well, I think the highlights for me were evening morning and feel. God- that intro in feel!!!
    Its so true, when they played always like this it was actually kind of adorable, the crowd just went mental and everyone was hugging and just looked so happy! Feel as well, that got such a good reaction yeah they played a really good mix, I was really suprised (in a good way) when they played what if, hadn't heard it in agess and used to be one of my favourites, so was really nice to hear. The band looked so happy as well it was great

ReputationRep:
    Its so true, when they played always like this it was actually kind of adorable, the crowd just went mental and everyone was hugging and just looked so happy! Feel as well, that got such a good reaction yeah they played a really good mix, I was really suprised (in a good way) when they played what if, hadn't heard it in agess and used to be one of my favourites, so was really nice to hear. The band looked so happy as well it was great
    It was a very special image.

ReputationRep:
    Searched stuff up about music and came across this thread so here;

Skaters, Drowners, Bombay Bicycle Club x2, Miles Kane x3, The Family Rain, Kassassin Street, Wolf Alice, Catfish & the Bottlemen x5, Arctic Monkeys x2, Tame Impala, Royal Blood x2, Peace x4, The Libertines x3, Swim Deep, Darlia, The Enemy, The Pogues, Cage The Elephant, Jake Bugg, Foster The People, alt-J, George Ezra, Jamie T x2, Courteeners, The Kooks, Kasabian.

I also got to meet The Family Rain, Matt Hitt of Drowners, Liam Fray of Courteeners, Van McCann of Catfish & the Bottlemen, and Rowan of Kassassin Street.

I also managed to get a wave from Jamie T after his gig in Southampton on Halloween

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminam99)
    Searched stuff up about music and came across this thread so here;

Skaters, Drowners, Bombay Bicycle Club x2, Miles Kane x3, The Family Rain, Kassassin Street, Wolf Alice, Catfish & the Bottlemen x5, Arctic Monkeys x2, Tame Impala, Royal Blood x2, Peace x4, The Libertines x3, Swim Deep, Darlia, The Enemy, The Pogues, Cage The Elephant, Jake Bugg, Foster The People, alt-J, Jamie T x2, Courteeners, The Kooks, Kasabian.

I also got to meet The Family Rain, Matt Hitt of Drowners, Liam Fray of Courteeners, Van McCann of Catfish & the Bottlemen, and Rowan of Kassassin Street.

I also managed to get a wave from Jamie T after his gig in Southampton on Halloween
    Aaah you've seen some awesome stuff!! Best gig out of all of them? Also I'm so jealous of all the people you met haha, especially Matt Hitt!! Was meant to see drowners in May but it didn't work out :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    George Ezra, Lily Allen, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Miles Kane, Royal Blood, The Libertines, Swim Deep, Peace, The Enemy, Jamie T, Morrissey, Foals, Circa Waves, Drenge, The Amazing Snakeheads, Kiesza, Ella Eyre.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah you've seen some awesome stuff!! Best gig out of all of them? Also I'm so jealous of all the people you met haha, especially Matt Hitt!! Was meant to see drowners in May but it didn't work out :/

I'd say the best gig of them was probably The Libertines @ Hyde Park. Massive reunion gig, atmosphere was electric and I could tell it was going to be phenomenal the minute I stepped through the gates!

Were you going to see Drowners supporting Peace? I wish Drowners were supporting when I saw Peace but unfortunately it was a strange band called Big Deal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    George Ezra, Lily Allen, Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Miles Kane, Royal Blood, The Libertines, Swim Deep, Peace, The Enemy, Jamie T, Morrissey, Foals, Circa Waves, Drenge, The Amazing Snakeheads, Kiesza, Ella Eyre.
    Impressive list! How were Foals?! I'm desperate to see them, album no. 4 is apparently in the works!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Impressive list! How were Foals?! I'm desperate to see them, album no. 4 is apparently in the works!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I saw Kasabian and The Maccabees too.

They were great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Oh, I saw Kasabian and The Maccabees too.

They were great!
    Oh yeah so did I! Brighton Centre, 26th November. Brilliant gig!

and cool! I hope the newer Foals stuff is similar to that of Total Life Forever because that album is a solid 10/10 from me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the best gig of them was probably The Libertines @ Hyde Park. Massive reunion gig, atmosphere was electric and I could tell it was going to be phenomenal the minute I stepped through the gates!

Were you going to see Drowners supporting Peace? I wish Drowners were supporting when I saw Peace but unfortunately it was a strange band called Big Deal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aaah wow, yeah I know a few people that went and said it was incredible!! My favourite was probably arctic monkeys at Finsbury, didnt have to reunion element of the libs obviously but it was just amazing, felt like a mini festival just full of monkeys fans!! The crowd was great as well, at least where I was standing, there's been a couple of times when gigs have been kinda ruined by me ending up in a really rubbish bit of the crowd but Finsbury was amazing!!

And no I really really wanted to see drowners support peace!! But that tour didn't come to london (where I live) and I couldn't really afford to travel to see them, I was planning on seeing them at the Lexington in May on my birthday but there was confusion over who was going and who was getting tickets and yeah plans kinda fell through aha, ah well.. Who was nicest out of all the band people you met? I met harry from peace briefly at this festival they were playing at but didn't really chat to him very much...

ReputationRep:
    Aaah wow, yeah I know a few people that went and said it was incredible!! My favourite was probably arctic monkeys at Finsbury, didnt have to reunion element of the libs obviously but it was just amazing, felt like a mini festival just full of monkeys fans!! The crowd was great as well, at least where I was standing, there's been a couple of times when gigs have been kinda ruined by me ending up in a really rubbish bit of the crowd but Finsbury was amazing!!

And no I really really wanted to see drowners support peace!! But that tour didn't come to london (where I live) and I couldn't really afford to travel to see them, I was planning on seeing them at the Lexington in May on my birthday but there was confusion over who was going and who was getting tickets and yeah plans kinda fell through aha, ah well.. Who was nicest out of all the band people you met? I met harry from peace briefly at this festival they were playing at but didn't really chat to him very much...
    I feel the same! Monkeys @ Finsbury was brilliant. I ended up on the second row in front of Alex, but all the pushing etc. within the first few songs got too much for me (I'm 5ft ish) and I could barely breathe so I went over the barrier hahaha.

Shame about not going Lexington! I wanted to go to that but it was 18+ so I couldn't

I'd say nicest I met last year was Van McCann from Catfish. Really chatty, nice guy. Seemed to take a genuine interest in the fans if you get what I mean? Matt Hitt was nice but not very chatty! Liam Fray was cool, came out especially for me n my 2 friends when his roadie guy went in and told him we were waiting outside!

I'm so jealous you met Harry K! I'm desperate to meet Peace!! They're so groovy. What do you think of the new tracks like I'm A Girl and World Pleasure? Personally I think they'll have a tough time beating that climax in their cover of 1998!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same! Monkeys @ Finsbury was brilliant. I ended up on the second row in front of Alex, but all the pushing etc. within the first few songs got too much for me (I'm 5ft ish) and I could barely breathe so I went over the barrier hahaha.

Shame about not going Lexington! I wanted to go to that but it was 18+ so I couldn't

I'd say nicest I met last year was Van McCann from Catfish. Really chatty, nice guy. Seemed to take a genuine interest in the fans if you get what I mean? Matt Hitt was nice but not very chatty! Liam Fray was cool, came out especially for me n my 2 friends when his roadie guy went in and told him we were waiting outside!

I'm so jealous you met Harry K! I'm desperate to meet Peace!! They're so groovy. What do you think of the new tracks like I'm A Girl and World Pleasure? Personally I think they'll have a tough time beating that climax in their cover of 1998!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha really?? We weren't that far forward, we were in the front pit bit that you got wristbands for but were probably towards the back of that, it was so great though for once in my life there were no super tall people in front of me so I had a completely clear view!! Haha sounds lame but it just made it that much better, plus we were right in the middle so was basically looking straight at alex

The Lexington was 18+? Whoops good job I didn't get tickets haha, it was on my 17th birthday ahh that's so cool, yeah to be honest harry K didn't seem particularly interested in actually chatting to us which was a bit disappointing but then again I'm pretty shy so I think maybe we needed to be a bit more chatty? Plus we were like the 10th lot of people to go up to him he was probs a bit bored by then haha. I quite like them, love the second half of world pleasure!! The basslines so great, reminds me a bit of the stone roses? Though not too sure about Harry's rapping aha. But yeah I agree the build up and climax in 1998 is pretty incredible, not sure they can compare! Have you got any gigs coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Haha really?? We weren't that far forward, we were in the front pit bit that you got wristbands for but were probably towards the back of that, it was so great though for once in my life there were no super tall people in front of me so I had a completely clear view!! Haha sounds lame but it just made it that much better, plus we were right in the middle so was basically looking straight at alex

The Lexington was 18+? Whoops good job I didn't get tickets haha, it was on my 17th birthday ahh that's so cool, yeah to be honest harry K didn't seem particularly interested in actually chatting to us which was a bit disappointing but then again I'm pretty shy so I think maybe we needed to be a bit more chatty? Plus we were like the 10th lot of people to go up to him he was probs a bit bored by then haha. I quite like them, love the second half of world pleasure!! The basslines so great, reminds me a bit of the stone roses? Though not too sure about Harry's rapping aha. But yeah I agree the build up and climax in 1998 is pretty incredible, not sure they can compare! Have you got any gigs coming up?
    Finsbury was brilliant though! Did you go Friday or Saturday? I went Friday so I got to hear the wonderful acoustic A Certain Romance
    I understand what you're on about, I'm quite a shy person but with band members sometimes I just click with them and get quite chatty; it happened with Ben from Royal Blood haha. Love Harry's rapping I'm A Girl is a solid 10/10!

I've got quite a few gigs coming up, yeah. I have; Blossoms, The Cribs, Royal Blood, NME Tour, Paul Weller, Glass Animals, Peace, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Vaccines, Ben Howard, Foo Fighters, Reading Festival and Catfish and the Bottlemen (again! 7th time!)
    Have you?

ReputationRep:
    Finsbury was brilliant though! Did you go Friday or Saturday? I went Friday so I got to hear the wonderful acoustic A Certain Romance
    I understand what you're on about, I'm quite a shy person but with band members sometimes I just click with them and get quite chatty; it happened with Ben from Royal Blood haha. Love Harry's rapping I'm A Girl is a solid 10/10!

I've got quite a few gigs coming up, yeah. I have; Blossoms, The Cribs, Royal Blood, NME Tour, Paul Weller, Glass Animals, Peace, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Vaccines, Ben Howard, Foo Fighters, Reading Festival and Catfish and the Bottlemen (again! 7th time!)
    Have you?
    Totally thought I'd already replied to this haha, yeah same I went on the friday, I was honestly close to tears during A Certain Romance Wouldve loved to have been there on the Saturday for Miles and Alex singing Standing Next To Me though, love their shadow puppets stuff so much..
    Wow you've got loads, im pretty jealous. I don't actually have any gigs lined up which is rare, I'm pretty broke at the moment and just seemed to miss everything before it sold out.. might see if I can get tickets for Superfood or Childhood though when they're in London I am going to glastonbury though so that makes up for it slightly, even if it is months away

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.