38.46%
    Go on holiday by myself
    30.77%
    Cancel the holiday altogether
    26.92%
    Other, ideas?
    3.85%

ReputationRep:
    You won't have to pay any under occupancy supp because the holiday for two people has already been paid! If she doesn't go, she will NOT get a refund as it is less than twelve weeks before departure. Tell her either she goes or you find someone to take her place and all it will cost them is the name change fee.
    I guarentee she'll go.
    If you don't want to go with her, I wouldn't, then sell your place to her bofriend but make sure you get the cash before you hand any tickets over.
    Tell her you want this sorted within one week or you will organise the name change to your friend, he will get a mega cheap holiday and you will be down one useless friend.
    Then in a few weeks, when her relationship has failed, tell her to pi$$ off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbler)
    You won't have to pay any under occupancy supp because the holiday for two people has already been paid! If she doesn't go, she will NOT get a refund as it is less than twelve weeks before departure. Tell her either she goes or you find someone to take her place and all it will cost them is the name change fee.
    I guarentee she'll go.
    If you don't want to go with her, I wouldn't, then sell your place to her bofriend but make sure you get the cash before you hand any tickets over.
    Tell her you want this sorted within one week or you will organise the name change to your friend, he will get a mega cheap holiday and you will be down one useless friend.
    Then in a few weeks, when her relationship has failed, tell her to pi$$ off.
    I like this advice. I wouldn't tell her she has to find a replacement because she might find someone terrible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Basically
    a replacement!

help appreciated.

Hi, I've been in a similar (ish) situation to you, except I was going with my boyfriend and another couple, one of which didn't get her passport through in time so they ended up not going.

A week before we were due to go she realised she couldn't get passport in time and at first asked me if we could bring so and sos or whatisnames in her place, and the answer was "not really as we don't want to be stuck with people that we didn't choose to go on holiday with" which was fine and she and her boyfriend ended up losing out on all the money they had paid and me and my boyfriend just had a spacious apartment at no extra cost.

However it was still annoying as we'd planned to go all together, etc.

DON'T let your friend find someone to replace herself as if there is a replacement it should be someone you want... And this replacement would not have to give her the full cost, anything they give her she would be lucky to get. If there is no one, go on your own- if you feel that you can.

Don't let her take her boyfriend in stead of you. This would be out of order!! you want/ need a holiday too, especially after all the stress this has been putting you through!! She seems like a crap friend to even suggest this, or to suggest any change to the trip. Does she have a history of letting you down??

Also who's name is the booking in??

Do either of you have trave insurance??

Hope you can find someone to replace her, not just on the holiday but in your life

ReputationRep:
    Another and final update

I decided that I had enough crap with the chopping and changing her mind weeks before we were due to go.
    So I've told her to take her boyfriend and give me all the money back that I paid.

I'll book another holiday by myself for somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Another and final update

I decided that I had enough crap with the chopping and changing her mind weeks before we were due to go.
    So I've told her to take her boyfriend and give me all the money back that I paid.

I think that's a good thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Good shout. Ain't no one got time for a friend like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Basically me and a friend (lets call her Amy) of four years booked a holiday in March to go away in August.

Me and Amy did a joint search for this holiday and found a lovely hotel, with a nice kitchen, 5 minuets walk from the beach, so we snapped up the deal for this week long holiday in August.

We have paid all the holiday off, and started organising what we could do on holiday, eating out, how much money we were going to take, holiday shopping etc.

We are due to fly to our destination in 4 weeks..

However today Amy dropped this bombshell on me.. (image attached) Attachment 302440

Basically saying that she would rather go on holiday with her boyfriend of a few months than myself...

I struggled to get the time off work for this holiday and pleaded with my bosses to give me the time off.

I've not said anything yet - Most of my friends work so are going to struggle to get time off work, and also find £400 to pay for the holiday, plus sending money etc.

I really don't know what to do if I can't find a replacement!

help appreciated.
    If she has already paid for it then finding someone to buy her out is not your headache.

If I were you I'd wait till the last couple of weeks and ask a friend to buy her out at half the cost she paid.../

ReputationRep:
    Another and final update

I hope you do get the money back from her. I can imagine an argument happening over her wanting the tickets first before you get the money.

ReputationRep:
    I got all my money back,

I am now going to save it for a solo trip to the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal

ReputationRep:
    Good! Hope you enjoy yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.