Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you look like your parents and is it a good thing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mum's side of the family say I look like mum, dad's side say I look like dad. I see myself as 50:50 though in terms of looks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't look anything like my mum or dad but I'm the spitting image of my gran and papa, especially my gran. People think she's my mum and my mum is my sister. I'm happy to look like my grandparents. They are looking great for their age and looked good in their younger days too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says that my mum and I look like sisters - even immigration officers at the airport when they have our passports inform of them. It can get pretty awkward lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I look like either of my parents tbh. I have had a few comments in the past from people saying I look like my mum but I don't see it tbh but I take it as a compliment though ! But people are always saying that my mum and older sister look alike and my dad and younger brother look alike and then there's me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Mum's side of the family say I look like mum, dad's side say I look like dad. I see myself as 50:50 though in terms of looks.
    This is pretty much the case with me too. I'm blonde like my mum & have her eyes, but the rest of my facial features probably resemble my dad's more. You can definitely tell I'm their daughter if you see the three of us together.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I guess you can see my dad in me, but I look mostly like my mama. I don't mind looking like my mam.

this is a really really bad photo of us both but you get the idea haha

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...93537604_o.jpg

this is a somewhat better photo

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...35195357_o.jpg

This is my dad. Not as much of a resemblance there but maybe a tad. I think I have more of his nose.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...38&oe=5444C8F3

ReputationRep:
    I look like my dad. I don't have any of my mum's features at all. Neither me nor my sister look even remotely like my mum and it upsets her a bit to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    I've always been told I'm the spitting image of my dad. I'm not sure how I feel about being told I look like the double of a man :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Everything is like my mums except the nose(had to be the nose!!). But I have to thank my dad for the "eating so much but never gaining weight" trait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.