Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most underrated food?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Toast

ReputationRep:
    Brussels ****ing sprouts. They're great and others not liking them means I get moar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heavenlyphoto)
    food for me is a great pleasure, nothing beats experiencing new tastes. There are many popular foods, even to the point of being overrated for instance nandos or bacon.
    There are also many foods that go almost unnoticed, but are nethertheless a taste sensation. I love to help broaden peoples palates. So please add to this list of underrated food.
    Ill start with:
    Olives
    chorizo
    mussles! (marinare, a,la creme, tomato etc etc)
    smoked salmon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemothefish19)
    Mushrooms!

I absolutely love mushrooms esp in risottos, soups, pastas, on pizzas, in toasties.....basically in any savoury dish.

But there seems to quite a few people who are not a fan and I just don't get why?!
    Mushrooms are amazing!! Yay for mushrooms!

ReputationRep:
    Olives
    Dates
    Salmon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Brussels ****ing sprouts. They're great and others not liking them means I get moar.
    Most people don't like them because they've been boiled to death in loads of water. The less water you can use for cooking vegetables, the better.

ReputationRep:
    Also cous cous. I'm amazed more people don't seem to use it given it's so easy, economical and versatile... Chickpeas don't get enough appreciation either.

ReputationRep:
    Onions. They're so crunchy and delicious when they are shredded/diced and even more delicious when dipping into a sauce

ReputationRep:
    I am addicted to coleslaw.
    The fresh crunchiness of the carrots and cabbage and the flavourful dressing of heaven.

What's even nicer, though, is when it's served with beetroot! Mmm mmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 54together)
    I am addicted to coleslaw.
    The fresh crunchiness of the carrots and cabbage and the flavourful dressing of heaven.

What's even nicer, though, is when it's served with beetroot! Mmm mmmmm.
    Truckloads of mayo? :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Onions. They're so crunchy and delicious when they are shredded/diced and even more delicious when dipping into a sauce
    You dip onion into sauce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    You dip onion into sauce?
    Yes, but only when they're cut up. Not a whole onion :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Yes, but only when they're cut up. Not a whole onion :L
    What sauce mate? Sounds intriguing, I won't try it, my eyes can't handle cut onions, probably need to get some goggles for when I chop them in fact.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What sauce mate? Sounds intriguing, I won't try it, my eyes can't handle cut onions, probably need to get some goggles for when I chop them in fact.
    Cut in half and rinse in cold water - no more tears.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Cut in half and rinse in cold water - no more tears.
    Thanks and will try, but won't it just sting my eyes once I chop them further? :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and will try, but won't it just sting my eyes once I chop them further? :confused:
    Shouldn't do as long as you use enough water and don't dry it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    salad in a sandwich, makes the meat in the bread even tastier

ReputationRep:
    Caramelised onions and mushrooms with Parmesan is a love affair between heaven and food on the tip of my tongue.

ReputationRep:
    Always nice with some chilli sauce

ReputationRep:
    Sunflower seeds. Trust meeee.

Cadbury chocolate puddings (w/ Buttons is the best)

Gnocchi w/ Pesto.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.