Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex-Muslim, now Atheist - ASK ME ANYTHING! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    Lol, why do people assume we leave the religion because we've interpreted the religion wrong? Why do you think a simple copy-pasted hadith will instantly bring back belief in Islam? It's not like we wake up one day and think, "meh, I don't understand this teaching, therefore I shall renounce my religion" - it happens over a long time when you realise bit by bit that you don't really believe in any of the stories. Now if you have a hadith that claims to instill belief then I'm sure all of us will be very interested to hear it :lol:
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    okay, well i hope you revert back to Islam, have a good day
    Won't ever happen. Have a good day sir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Is what not my way of life? :lol:

Being a '****' on a friday night?

Firstly, I'm male... Secondly, you're a judgemental freak.
    Why you asking me so many questions? Are you police?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabmax22)
    Should I even bother with your absurdities? As for your latter point, why am I not allowed to question your religion as though it is the ideal exemplary of lifestyle and truthfulness? What makes your religion right? I could bet £1000 and say that your parents are muslims too. Did it not ever occur to you that if your parents were not muslim, you probably wouldn't be muslim too?

I would really advise you to stop advocating fallible arguments. There's a limit to the 'benefit of the doubt'.
    Can you please list the reasons why you left islam instead of posting irrelevant questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aka r)
    Why you asking me so many questions? Are you police?
    You quoted me first and thus initiated the conversation (if you can call it that).

I didn't have a clue what you were saying so asked some questions to find out.

Which part of that did you struggle to comprehend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    Lol, why do people assume we leave the religion because we've interpreted the religion wrong? Why do you think a simple copy-pasted hadith will instantly bring back belief in Islam? It's not like we wake up one day and think, "meh, I don't understand this teaching, therefore I shall renounce my religion" - it happens over a long time when you realise bit by bit that you don't really believe in any of the stories. Now if you have a hadith that claims to instill belief then I'm sure all of us will be very interested to hear it :lol:
    I'm assuming you're south asian too

List all the reasons you left Islam please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Can you please list the reasons why you left islam instead of posting irrelevant questions?
    As I said in one of my answers to previous questions, I left religion because of discovering what is the truth, namely - science. I left it because I learnt how to think openly.

ReputationRep:
    You quoted me first and thus initiated the conversation (if you can call it that).

I didn't have a clue what you were saying so asked some questions to find out.

Which part of that did you struggle to comprehend?
    Good you stay clueless, have nice day

ReputationRep:
    Misogyny.
    Bigotry.
    Homophobia.
    Oppression.
    Apostasy.
    False claims about science.
    Supernatural proclamations without any evidence what so ever.

...to name a few

ReputationRep:

Hey not all south asians have weak faith like these people, I'm south asian and I'm muslim inshallah I'd never leave islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash24411)
    When did i mention that there was something wrong with your quotes? putting words in my mouth now? Clearly this argument ends now because it's pretty pointless.
    No, it's like this.
    1) I state that some archaic fables (the Koran) would have me condemned to hell.
    2) You quote the Koran with some extremely vague passages, claiming that they show that not all infidels go to hell. Your quotes are ambiguous at best.
    3) I quote the Koran with some passages that explicitly state that the complete opposite is true. There's no two-ways about "the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell".
    4) You go off on some tangent about how there's three groups or whatever, ignoring the quotes that I've found like they're not relevant.

I do agree that this argument can end now, I like debates to be conducted with solid evidence rather than wishy-washy interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    Misogyny.
    Bigotry.
    Homophobia.
    Oppression.
    Apostasy.
    False claims about science.
    Supernatural proclamations without any evidence what so ever.

...to name a few
    The responses from muslims so far on this thread alone have more than justified your decision to leave Islam...

ReputationRep:
    Religion is essentially indoctrination. Being born a 'Muslim child' or 'Christian child' is forcing you to believe something you don't understand.

I remember reading about a three or four year old memorising the entire Qu'ran, but that is just sad.

Obviously it is nigh on impossible to believe in a god with evolution, for example, being as definitive as ever.

Yea science

ReputationRep:
    As I said in one of my answers to previous questions, I left religion because of discovering what is the truth, namely - science. I left it because I learnt how to think openly.
    I hope you realise Islam can also be linked to science. There are soo many things in the Qur'an which were revealed way before scientists even acknowledged it.

If I send you a quick vid (which is honestly interesting both to nonmuslims and muslims) concerning this will you watch it?

Btw , just in case you think i'm trying to 'lure you in' back to Islam, I can assure you i'm not

ReputationRep:
    Btw , just in case you think i'm trying to 'lure you in' back to Islam, I can assure you i'm not

please tell me all the reasons why you left Islam and i'm almost certain I can find you sources which prove you wrong
    Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aka r)
    That is your way of life though, stuck up and arrogant, get your head out your arse then talk
    Atheists are not a homogenous group and thus do not have a set 'way of life'.

'Debunked'.

Hey, you're the one who claims to have all the answers to the origins of life etc, not me - so if anything surely you're the arrogant one?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you realise Islam can also be linked to science. There are soo many things in the Qur'an which were revealed way before scientists even acknowledged it.

If I send you a quick vid (which is honestly interesting both to nonmuslims and muslims) concerning this will you watch it?

I've watched more than enough of them during my conversion phase. I'm sorry but the Quran and science do not go hand in hand. The problem with religious texts is that they are far too ambiguous. They can be easily manipulated to fit in with our current interpretation of science. For example, I'm sure most muslims would agree that Islam rejects evolution. Right? At least many years ago that's what most scholars would confidently say in public speeches. However, now that there is overwhelmingly convincing evidence for evolution, it would look utterly naive for anyone to reject it. And what happens? Scholars reinterpret the text to make it fit in with science. Well that's religion for you!

ReputationRep:
    yh you 'coverted' to atheism at 15, that says it all about you.

ReputationRep:

Did you not even read the message? I said I don't believe in it anymore... How is that so hard to understand?

Same way that you don't believe in Judaism, I don't believe in Islam. If I linked you to an amazing quote that was in the Bhagavad Gita, would you start believing in Hinduism? Lol. I don't believe that the Quran was revealed to the prophet Muhammed, I don't believe that he is the messenger of Allah and I don't believe that there may even be an Allah.

Along with that, I don't like the way that the religion is intended to be a way of life. I would prefer religious beliefs to be a tiny part of one's life, and it shouldn't dictate the way you do anything. And I honestly feel that there is no afterlife.

Yes I am Indian but my family didn't have anything to do with my leaving Islam. Parent's are really nice, they've never forced me to do anything and they haven't threatened to kill me if I don't do my Asr prayers, if that's what you're trying to figure out. :rolleyes: I'm not even fasting, and they have accepted it.

ReputationRep:
    Atheists are not a homogenous group and thus do not have a set 'way of life'.

'Debunked'.

Hey, you're the one who claims to have all the answers to the origins of life etc, not me - so if anything surely you're the arrogant one?
    Science does not claim to have all the answers. Science is open to falsification and is willing to accept evidence which contradicts it, unlike religion. Yes, science does not have all the answers but it seeks to find out the answers in a sensible manner. Religion, however, seeks to answer questions by just filling in the blanks with its dogmatic ideologies: 'Well if there isn't any possible explanation to it, it must have been God!'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.