• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    :five:

Aww

Erm okay. You sound very poetic

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is a kind description, one I shall embrace with a quote befitting of this thread:

'If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.'

There was a lot of poetry in my mothers films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlomc)
    It's not a film but it creeped me out way too much as a kid not to mention it.
    When I was younger Goosebumps scared the **** out of me. Would stop me going to sleep for weeks sometimes :L
    I still find it rather creepy even now at 18 I'm ashamed to admit.
    same! I first watched that when I was 3, and because I got so scared my parents banned me from watching it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Watership Down... it was creepy. I still haven't watched it again.
    me neither. it's just so creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Serbian Film.

if you don't know what it is, for your own sake, DO NOT look it up.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    That is a kind description, one I shall embrace with a quote befitting of this thread:

'If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.'

There was a lot of poetry in my mothers films.
    You're welcome!

Where is the quote from?
    (Original post by Fas)
    The Serbian Film.

if you don't know what it is, for your own sake, DO NOT look it up.
    Temptation, temptation... :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Chicly clearly. Also, the music video for Viva Forever by the Spice Girls. The way those puppet fairies put the boy into the Rubix cube have me nightmares for a week!
    Same here! Speaking of music videos, the video for Frozen by Madonna also scared the hell out of me when I was little.

ReputationRep:
    The ring I watched this when I was 9 and I couldn't sleep by myself for a whole week! I was so freaked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

Where is the quote from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it may just be the most horrific film i have ever seen... forget your horror films, forget Saw, forget Exorcist, this will just **** you up.

ReputationRep:
    Scream, I had a mask of it as well in my house so I hid it at the bottom of my wardrobe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vineyard13)
    I used to be SO scared of the penguin in Wallace & Gromit - The Wrong Trousers. I used to have nightmares about it and he still creeps me out a bit now, even though penguins are my favourite animal...
    Thank God! Me too!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    it may just be the most horrific film i have ever seen... forget your horror films, forget Saw, forget Exorcist, this will just **** you up.
    I don't even watch horror because they scare me to death, so I think it would do a lot more than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome!

Where is the quote from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it was part of a comment made by Emily Dickinson to Thomas Higginson (an early mentor of sorts) :

“If I read a book [and] it makes my whole body so cold no fire ever can warm me I know that is poetry. If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. These are the only way I know it. Is there any other way”

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. That snake sure is creepy

ReputationRep:
    The only film that's had a lasting effect on me was ET...I watched it when I was 7 and I still feel uncomfortable whenever I even see ET in a photo. Just in case there's anyone here who hasn't seen it and would like to, I'll put the reason why under a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really didn't like the bit when he died and had to be given CPR. And then when he came back to life and his chest lit up. I just found it disturbing and it was the first film that ever made me cry.

It probably isn't even that bad, but I still can't face the idea of watching it again. I generally didn't (and still don't) scare easily when it comes to films but for some reason ET was the film that disturbed me most!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I believe it was part of a comment made by Emily Dickinson to Thomas Higginson (an early mentor of sorts) :

“If I read a book [and] it makes my whole body so cold no fire ever can warm me I know that is poetry. If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry. These are the only way I know it. Is there any other way”
    Ah okay
    I like that quote above, it's very mysterious and quite truthful actually!
    (Original post by BlueSheep32)
    The only film that's had a lasting effect on me was ET...I watched it when I was 7 and I still feel uncomfortable whenever I even see ET in a photo. Just in case there's anyone here who hasn't seen it and would like to, I'll put the reason why under a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really didn't like the bit when he died and had to be given CPR. And then when he came back to life and his chest lit up. I just found it disturbing and it was the first film that ever made me cry.

It probably isn't even that bad, but I still can't face the idea of watching it again. I generally didn't (and still don't) scare easily when it comes to films but for some reason ET was the film that disturbed me most!
    Exactly the same! I forgot about ET! I watched it when I was 9. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jeepers Creepers. I saw it when i was young and it terrified me. I had all the lights on in the whole house that night to my parents annoyance.

Watched the Exorcist when aged 10 and it was not scary. It was just hilarious.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay
    I like that quote above, it's very mysterious and quite truthful actually!

Exactly the same! I forgot about ET! I watched it when I was 9. :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I'm sure Emily would have been glad
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Jeepers Creepers. That scene where he drives up behind them right at the start scarred me for life. I watched the first five minutes of it when I was about 10 because my brother told me it was family friendly.

ReputationRep:
    The 6th sense

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember how old I was, however I saw a movie with killer bees in it (It was probably called Killer Bees but I'm not sure) and the scene that scared me the most was when this guy got in his car to escape the bees, turned on the air conditioning and a swarm of bees went through the vents of the car. :zomg:

I was scared enough of bees as it was.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.