ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    No worries
    Lemme know how the job is once you start it..:jumphug:
    If I get the other job I will let you know

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What are you all talking about?
    TSR is full of dreamers - "I wouldnt get out of bed for 17k"...mate its a PLACEMENT year. You probably haven't even got any experience, let alone paid experience. #bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    What are you all talking about?
    TSR is full of dreamers - "I wouldnt get out of bed for 17k"...mate its a PLACEMENT year. You probably haven't even got any experience, let alone paid experience. #bye
    Mate, sometimes in life you have to take chances and risks.

You may get offers, but at the end of the day will you enjoy it there? Will it benefit your future or career?

I must admit the salary is good but I just couldn't see myself doing the job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Mate, sometimes in life you have to take chances and risks.

You may get offers, but at the end of the day will you enjoy it there? Will it benefit your future or career?

I must admit the salary is good but I just couldn't see myself doing the job

I wasn't even trying to address the issue. I don't believe pay to be important, and I'm all for taking risks. I was simply addressing the dreamers of TSR who are trying to suggest 17k isn't good for a placement year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    I wasn't even trying to address the issue. I don't believe pay to be important, and I'm all for taking risks. I was simply addressing the dreamers of TSR who are trying to suggest 17k isn't good for a placement year.
    Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If I get the other job I will let you know

Thanks
    :hugs:
    :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    :hugs:
    :dancing:
    Lol, thanks

Wish me luck for the job

Just out of interest are you doing a placement year?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lol, thanks

Wish me luck for the job

Just out of interest are you doing a placement year?
    yOU a girl?no i am outside UK..
    Not in UK
    Good Luck!:hugs::jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    yOU a girl?no i am outside UK..
    Not in UK
    Good Luck!:hugs::jumphug:
    No, I'm a boy. Lol thanks.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm a boy. Lol thanks.
    No worries,I'm a girl..
    Keep in touch x:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    No worries,I'm a girl..
    Keep in touch x:hugs:
    Will do.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Will do.
    nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    nice
    Just out of interest, do you know if it is a good sign when HR take some time to come to a final decision?

I was told the interviewers liked me, but its all down to HR - who at the moment are taking their time
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, do you know if it is a good sign when HR take some time to come to a final decision?

I was told the interviewers liked me, but its all down to HR - who at the moment are taking their time
    HR usually do take time cos they might of interviewed many people. They have to check and review each person's CV again and think how you performed at the interview and will contact you.
    It might take some time. HR is the Human Resource who interviews the people and they are the one wo decide which person to be selected.

And good news they like you. But don't yet be over confident. Stay still with hope
    You will be there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    HR usually do take time cos they might of interviewed many people. They have to check and review each person's CV again and think how you performed at the interview and will contact you.
    It might take some time. HR is the Human Resource who interviews the people and they are the one wo decide which person to be selected.

And good news they like you. But don't yet be over confident. Stay still with hope
    You will be there!
    Thank you for your response.

How do you know that they like me, because you say 'And good news they like you' ?

HR were not physically present at my interviews, so I don't even know who works in that department
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your response.

How do you know that they like me, because you say 'And good news they like you' ?

HR were not physically present at my interviews, so I don't even know who works in that department
    You said that others said they like you, that's why I said that

Sometimes they never say they are the HR. They just begin the interview. Maybe they were busy.

Even I didn't know once when I went to the interview. First it was HR interview, second the department people. They said me so I knew. They never mentioned you?maybe their just interviewing people and there might be a second round of interview. Did they tell anything like that or what did they actually tell when your interview was over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    You said that others said they like you, that's why I said that

Sometimes they never say they are the HR. They just begin the interview. Maybe they were busy.

Even I didn't know once when I went to the interview. First it was HR interview, second the department people. They said me so I knew. They never mentioned you?maybe their just interviewing people and there might be a second round of interview. Did they tell anything like that or what did they actually tell when your interview was over?
    I got to the second and final stage of the interview. I was up against another candidate, but I applied through an agency. The agency told me that the hiring people were happy, but she didn't want to say yes to me only for me to be rejected.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I got to the second and final stage of the interview. I was up against another candidate, but I applied through an agency. The agency told me that the hiring people were happy, but she didn't want to say yes to me only for me to be rejected.
    What do you mean by saying she didn't want to say yes to me only for me to be rejected.??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    What do you mean by saying she didn't want to say yes to me only for me to be rejected.??
    Like say 'yep I think you got the job 100 percent, only to find that I get rejected' - due to unforeseeable circumstances
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Like say 'yep I think you got the job 100 percent, only to find that I get rejected' - due to unforeseeable circumstances
    cool so you have more chances of getting the job?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.