ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    There are loopholes. I think you have to have a licence but they are legal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well **** me sideways, i know what I'll be buying in a few years time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Cmon dont **** about, surely that is 100% illegal here

100% legal. It is calibered to .22 LR with semi automatic. It is fine as long as you have a Firearms Certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    100% legal. It is calibered to .22 LR with semi automatic. It is fine as long as you have a Firearms Certificate.
    how does one acquire a certificate?

ReputationRep:
    how does one acquire a certificate?
    You must use it for target shooting and be a part of a shooting club for a specific amount of time. Or have the need to shoot pests on your land.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    well **** me sideways
    Nahh you're alright
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Desert Eagle would provide a comforting bulge beneath my jacket

ReputationRep:
    Probably get a mini 14 and an M60.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I'd sit on my roof and aim at people passing by but never shoot. Then when I saw them around town I'd give them a look that said "I could have taken your fragile little life, serf, but I didn't. How do you like them apples?"

ReputationRep:
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a gun not because I want to shoot people but rather to have a clean way out if things ever became unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    well unless you intend to use it to kill someone what moral issues could there possibly be?
    killing a person is a huge deal, we as a society have become so desensitized to the idea of murder because its in the news, video games and films. i personally dont think civilians should have guns there no real reason to have one. i have no problems with people having tazer guns or pepperspray but i think a gun is too much.

ReputationRep:
    hell yes - I'd own it with pride
    I'd be able to go out at night without being scared
    assuming I'm allowed to carry and conceal...

ReputationRep:
    Certain firearms are legal, but there are much tighter restrictions in the UK. I am planning to apply for a license for certain firearms. I was a member of the CCF in my school, so I did target shooting there, which is loads of fun, so I'm wanting to join a shooting club in order to continue this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Absolutely. I'd sit on my roof and aim at people passing by but never shoot. Then when I saw them around town I'd give them a look that said "I could have taken your fragile little life, serf, but I didn't. How do you like them apples?"
    And that is very bad weapon handling. You never point a weapon at anyone you're not planning to shoot. Even if the weapon was unloaded and safety off and your finger was off the trigger. You ALWAYS treat a weapon as if it's loaded and ready to fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaginewizard)
    And that is very bad weapon handling. You never point a weapon at anyone you're not planning to shoot. Even if the weapon was unloaded and safety off and your finger was off the trigger. You ALWAYS treat a weapon as if it's loaded and ready to fire.
    If only this was a completely hypothetical situation that will never come to fruition :moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I may consider a handgun to fend off burglars but I don't really feel the need to have one anywhere else and there are other things you can use to defend yourself that are just as effective and barely regulated.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never in a million years! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes one that would be kept at home though. I would have one so I had something to defend my family and home with because quite frankly if anybody touched my family I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I think allowing them on the streets though is asking for trouble

ReputationRep:
    Guns do look cool. But no I probably wouldn't own one.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.