2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Man Yoo
    I'd change that

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Chelsea

If any of these teams get lower than these predictions then they've grossly underachieved. Would say that Arsenal should get second but Liverpool are looking strong this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Yeah...it's not really looking good. The ******* isn't the selling off, it's that the board hasn't been doing much with the money that's of most concern. Lallana was a decentish sale (I mean he was more expensive than Kroos for goodness sake), Rickie is heading towards the end of his career, and selling off two unproven and unloyal teenagers for almost £50 million is generally good business. But apart from Tadic and Pelle, the only player we've really been seriously linked to is Forster. If you saw our friendly against Bournemouth, I think you'll see Targett is a worthy replacement for Shaw, but the lack of reinvestment is going to be a serious worry. Without a top finisher, we'll have a pressing strategy that will leave us even more exposed yet with no bite.
    What do you make of Chambers mate? Would have to say that £11m rising to £16m seems steep given how little he's actually achieved to date but there must be some serious talent there. Comparisons with Shaw? Could he play CB?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam278)
    I'd change that

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Chelsea

If any of these teams get lower than these predictions then they've grossly underachieved. Would say that Arsenal should get second but Liverpool are looking strong this season.
    What makes you think Chelsea will finish 4th? Imo they've grossly underachieved if they don't win the league.

ReputationRep:
    So many people having Villa to go down. You just don't ****ing learn do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What makes you think Chelsea will finish 4th?
    He doesn't think they will finish 4th deep down, he's underrating them so either way it's win win for him.

Same thing Mourinho did last year saying the goal was to finish in the Champions League places which was clearly nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What makes you think Chelsea will finish 4th? Imo they've grossly underachieved if they don't win the league.
    We're lacking balance, need another RW as Willian is terrible, Schurrle is good but he seems to be the ultimate squad player for a top team but not a main man. We will probably sell Lukaku this summer and that could leave our striker situation looking bleak.

Our defence is tight but I don't think we'll be able to break teams down personally without the right winger. Also outside the first 11 we need another midfielder who can fill in for Fabregas. We sold Mata and De Bruyne so we're lacking in depth there.

ReputationRep:
    1) Man City
    2) Chelsea (top 2 battling to the last day)
    3) Liverpool
    4) Arsenal
    5) Man U (3-4-5 also very tight until the end, but not being really in the title race for a while)

Relegation
    West Brom and Burnley bottom 2. As for the final place, I'd say it's between Villa, Swansea, Leicester and QPR, with them all going in to the last day at risk.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At this point in time I'd be astounded if West Brom and Burnley survived. But, then again, anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    1 City
    2 Arsenal
    3 Chelsea
    4 Man U
    5 Liverpool
    6 Tottenham
    7 Everton
    8 Newcastle
    9 Sunderland
    10 Stoke
    11 Hull
    12 West Ham
    13 Crystal Palace
    14 Swansea
    15 WBA
    16 Soton
    17 Aston Villa
    18 Burnley
    19 Leicester
    20 QPR
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What do you make of Chambers mate? Would have to say that £11m rising to £16m seems steep given how little he's actually achieved to date but there must be some serious talent there. Comparisons with Shaw? Could he play CB?
    Not really much to say (other than he's a money-grabbing **** of course ). He played half a season (though Clyne is still better imo) and of course he did well for his age though £16m certainly sounds like a good deal for us. Shaw is probably better, but Chambers can play CB reasonably well I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Not really much to say (other than he's a money-grabbing **** of course ). He played half a season (though Clyne is still better imo) and of course he did well for his age though £16m certainly sounds like a good deal for us. Shaw is probably better, but Chambers can play CB reasonably well I think.
    £11m initially in fairness, £16m potentially if he makes it with AFC. Even still I agree it seems like a great deal for Southampton atm. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    1 Chelsea
    2 Manchester United
    3 Arsenal
    4 Manchester City
    5 Tottenham
    6 Everton
    7 Liverpool
    8 Newcastle
    9 Queens Park Rangers
    10 Hull City
    11 Aston Villa
    12 Swansea City
    13 Southampton
    14 Stoke City
    15 West Ham
    16 Crystal Palace
    17 Sunderland
    18 Burnley
    19 West Brom
    20 Leister City

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchieMarhall)
    1 Chelsea
    2 Manchester United
    3 Arsenal
    4 Manchester City
    5 Tottenham
    6 Everton
    7 Liverpool
    8 Newcastle
    9 Queens Park Rangers
    10 Hull City
    11 Aston Villa
    12 Swansea City
    13 Southampton
    14 Stoke City
    15 West Ham
    16 Crystal Palace
    17 Sunderland
    18 Burnley
    19 West Brom
    20 Leister City

What do you think?
    I agree Chelsea to win, but disagree with the top 8 altogether. Plus QPR will not get above 12th if they are lucky.

My top 8:
    1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Arsenal
    5. Liverpool
    6. Everton
    7. Spurs
    8. Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    Already a thread for this:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2743880

ReputationRep:
    QPR 9th, surely a wind up.

Out of interest, why do you think Leicester will finish bottom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muriel Bing)
    QPR 9th, surely a wind up.

Out of interest, why do you think Leicester will finish bottom?
    You can't deny Harry Redknap is a good manager and I think he can do great this season and Leicester are a great team I think it'll be tight at the bottom but Leicester lack that one prolific scorer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchieMarhall)
    1 Chelsea
    2 Manchester United
    3 Arsenal
    4 Manchester City
    5 Tottenham
    6 Everton
    7 Liverpool
    8 Newcastle
    9 Queens Park Rangers
    10 Hull City
    11 Aston Villa
    12 Swansea City
    13 Southampton
    14 Stoke City
    15 West Ham
    16 Crystal Palace
    17 Sunderland
    18 Burnley
    19 West Brom
    20 Leister City

What do you think?
    Arsenal 2nd, City 3rd, Everton 5th for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimolozen)
    Arsenal 2nd, City 3rd, Everton 5th for me.
    Can see why but Van Gaal is great and I think the players he's brought in will out class some of Arsenals players and I can see Everton doing better than spurs

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about the entire league, but I think the top 10 will be:

1. City
    2. Arsenal
    3. Chelsea
    4. United
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool
    7. Newcastle
    8. Everton
    9. West Ham
    10. Stoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobt96)
    Not sure about the entire league, but I think the top 10 will be:

1. City
    2. Arsenal
    3. Chelsea
    4. United
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool
    7. Newcastle
    8. Everton
    9. West Ham
    10. Stoke
    Surely you've got put Chelsea top; Costa Hazard Fabregas Oscar Schurle Willian

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.