The Student Room Group

BIG 4 Advice: TS vs Audit, London vs Regional, Service Lines etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tomatochuckers
Could you link me? Are you in the UK, and about to go into your second year? I am 99% confident as I have spoken to HR there that apps open around Septemberish.

https://www.internavenue.com/internships/12057/2015-summer-internship-uki-tax-direct-tax-cambridge
https://www.internavenue.com/internships/12113/2015-intake-summer-internship-uki-assurance-audit-hull

apologies it was EY :biggrin:
Reply 41
Hi has anyone worked for Auditing at the Big 4? What is the daily routine like? I'm thinking of applying for that but I'm not sure whether to apply for Auditing. Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by Raj K.
Hi has anyone worked for Auditing at the Big 4? What is the daily routine like? I'm thinking of applying for that but I'm not sure whether to apply for Auditing. Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, 2 years in Big Four audit.

The daily routine varies greatly as it will depend what phase of the audit you're on, whether you're based at your own office or the client's, etc, etc.

When you say you're not sure whether to apply to audit, what's the alternative you're considering?
Reply 43
Hi, has anyone worked in either LTT LMT or I&IM at PwC?
Which is the best office to work for in terms of clientele? If i want to work in something like investment banking in the future, which do you think i should go for?
Original post by simrankx
Hi, has anyone worked in either LTT LMT or I&IM at PwC?
Which is the best office to work for in terms of clientele? If i want to work in something like investment banking in the future, which do you think i should go for?

If you want to get into investment banking then go for a job that involves you auditing corporate clients and then try to get a secondment/transfer to corporate finance/transaction services once you qualify.

Why corporate clients? Because analyzing companies is a big part of what you'll be doing as investment banker (or so is my understanding). Do NOT go for banking audit as it has the worst hours (for the same pay as everyone else) but the work there is in no way relevant for getting into front office banking. Though if you want to get into middle/back office, product control or something like that then it might be more useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending