Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men would you give mouth to mouth to another man Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if course I would. How insecure would someone have to be to say no !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You're not supposed to use your mouth anymore anyway.

Thats only if you're an incompetent dip****. The idea is that if you don't know what you're doing, just pumping the chest is better than nothing.

If you've been on a first aid course, as surely most people will have done at some time or other (I've been on like 10 of the bloody things) you should be competent enough to do breaths, compressions, and if the equipment is available, use resus paddles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Sorry to say it, but if you're properly hiking somewhere remote enough that you need mountain rescue, CPR with or without rescue breaths is virtually never going to be successful.
    Brecon Beacons, an ambulance isn't going to be able to drive there, but there are towns and cities really quite close.

the average person can do CPR for 4-5 minutes
    6 in a group, that's half an hour of CPR, more considering that people would be rested by then (1-2 hours would probably be reasonable TBH)

That said, there are times when CPR is not going to be any use, but if there's somewhere that you can call which has helicopters they can send to you, you're probably better off trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Thats only if you're an incompetent dip****. The idea is that if you don't know what you're doing, just pumping the chest is better than nothing.

If you've been on a first aid course, as surely most people will have done at some time or other (I've been on like 10 of the bloody things) you should be competent enough to do breaths, compressions, and if the equipment is available, use resus paddles.
    I've never been on one. It's something I mean to fix at some point. Although I have picked up various bits and pieces from various people who have.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should rephrase the question and ask-

"How many of you would care if you were given mouth-mouth resuscitation... by a man?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lerjj)
    Brecon Beacons, an ambulance isn't going to be able to drive there, but there are towns and cities really quite close.

the average person can do CPR for 4-5 minutes
    6 in a group, that's half an hour of CPR, more considering that people would be rested by then (1-2 hours would probably be reasonable TBH)

That said, there are times when CPR is not going to be any use, but if there's somewhere that you can call which has helicopters they can send to you, you're probably better off trying.
    Oh yeah, it's probably worth a try. But success rates would be minuscule.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

How insecure/callous/despicable would you have to be to let someone die rather than do something awkward.

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to lose my lip virginity to another guy...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    i dont want to lose my lip virginity to another guy...
    Yeah but your not kissing them!! I mean obviously it would feel weird but surely saving someone's life is better? Look at my other post. Try and answer it, it's just above

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would not. Mouth to mouth is not required for CPR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    You're not supposed to use your mouth anymore anyway. (thread should now end but it wont)

(Original post by bertstare)
    Yes you are, rescue breaths are still part of the CPR protocol; that advert is just to encourage the average person to attempt chest compressions at the very least (as they are most important). If they advertised mouth to mouth as being essential for doing CPR, most people wouldn't do anything at all
    As the guy said above, it is part of First Aid. My instructor pretty much told me that the Vinnie Jones advert was *******s and the only reason they did it is pretty much what bertstare said (and also perhaps would what other people were saying about people not trained giving it incorrectly).

Thing is, you start giving compressions first in an adult, because they have enough oxygen in their body already before you'd give mouth-to-mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Never I'll rather die than kissing another dude.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously yes I would

It's not really kissing them though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    God I thought I'd heard all the ridiculous things people come out with on here.
    Stay tuned, more to come

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    eww no, cooties :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You have some weird homo erotic fantasies op

ReputationRep:
    Of course, but CPR it's best not to give mouth to mouth unless you know exactly what you are doing. It's better just to pump the chest to keep the blood flow until the paramedics arrive.

If in doubt 30 chest pumps, then two breaths then repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, but not if he suffered from halitosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)

"How many of you would care if you were given mouth-mouth resuscitation... by a man?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How about no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ones first kiss is a very important part of ones life. It might set me on the wrong path (my parents are devout Christians lol).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.