Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many kisses do you send to your friends/family/partner? xxx Watch

ReputationRep:
    I only put them to my parents, usually just 1 or 2
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever add kisses to any form of communication except for birthday cards.

ReputationRep:
    Only when I'm wishing her a Goodnight

ReputationRep:
    Used to give everybody at least one or two. Maybe some spaces if I wanted a piece.

Don't even bother nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    rarely one to my mum, two or three to girls I like, one to girls that are just friends

ReputationRep:
    Never ever. It makes me cringe to the high heavens when people do. urrgh

ReputationRep:
    I never used to text them but I like doing it now

ReputationRep:
    None to my family or friends, unless I'm being sarcastic... but to the boyfriend it's in the region of 5 to 8 at the end of most texts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i dont send any x as i dont have any girls digits apart from family

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

that many to everyone

ReputationRep:

Comes from a time when most mobiles had a character limit for each text and preferred to not waste characters

ReputationRep:
    However many I get sent, I do the same back... (Usually 0. Sad times.)

Except this one friend who just spams me so I spam her back not counting lol

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally use one when talking to girls, two or none to my mum depending on how I feel and anything from about 10-15 to my girlfriend. I usually just hold the button down for a few seconds until it looks long enough

ReputationRep:
    None really, only on special occasions haha like birthdays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Editorial Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Comes from a time when most mobiles had a character limit for each text and preferred to not waste characters
    I just realised that that was THE PAST!

ReputationRep:
    Between 3 or 4 for special members of the opposite sex , like 1 or 2 for friends. Some lads put one at the end of texts to eachother, whatever floats your boat.. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Armadillo)
    Hey guys, what kind of kissing (x) behaviour do you use in texts?
    I was talking about this with a friend and we noticed we both use xxx's differently.

I tend to use mine more self consciously and reflect how much the other person is using. While she tends to use hers as a full stop of the sentence x

I know some people don't like using any! Which kind of person are you?

If you're interested in the topic, she also has a survey up which is really worth a few minutes on: TAKE SURVEY HERE

Spoiler:
    Show

I know I have bothered to reply but why on earth have you asked this question? why are you analysing this?

ReputationRep:
    I don't use any, unless I'm being sarcastic. It really bothered me when my friend had a girlfriend who became massively distressed when he sent any less than 2 lines of kisses on any message. It bothered him too, but he still did it :/

ReputationRep:
    Friends get as many kisses as they've given me, which is either 3-4 or zero depending on who it is.

My dad and my sister get a few, Mum gets a whole row and my boyfriend gets at least two rows. Probably a bit excessive but ah well
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    3 to girlfriend when we say bye or goodnight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.