Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you ask a girl out 8 years later? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah2)
    I know right?! Awesome how my life is almost like that show... but no happy endings sigh

How do I find her again?!
    i thought you said you knew where she worked?

ReputationRep:
    Solid advice bro! Will definitely do that... but I'm not sure where she works now as her location isn't listed. I know where she worked before... should I ask for her there?
    Yeah, just go up to whoever is in and ask if they know where you can find her. I'd explain that you're an old friend and that she told you she worked there or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    i thought you said you knew where she worked?
    From her profiles I know the following:
    1. She lives and works somewhere in London.
    2. She definitely used to work at a fancy restaurant in London (this was her previous job)
    3. I can see the job title of her new job (which appears to be at a different multinational firm), but I'm not sure if this is an internship and I can't find a specific office location. It just says sales representative.
    4. She still lives in London and is partying in London.

Help!? Where is my slutty pumpkin?

ReputationRep:
    2. She definitely used to work at a fancy restaurant in London (this was her previous job)
    3. I can see the job title of her new job (which appears to be at a different multinational firm), but I'm not sure if this is an internship and I can't find a specific office location. It just says sales representative.

have you msged her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    Yeah, just go up to whoever is in and ask if they know where you can find her. I'd explain that you're an old friend and that she told you she worked there or something
    Phew, I was hoping that this option was acceptable! Cheers!

Yeah so if I guess that could work. Anything else to say? Trouble is if they ring her on the spot lol. Also it seems to be quite an upmarket private dining club.. so I'm not sure about just walking in and asking about one of their junior staff!

What do you think? Anything else I could say? Or maybe I have to seduce the receptionist first? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Nah I saw this just using google and through a friend's fb account.

I don't use FB!!!

What to do?

If I could just meet her by chance..

ReputationRep:
    Phew, I was hoping that this option was acceptable! Cheers!

Yeah so if I guess that could work. Anything else to say? Trouble is if they ring her on the spot lol. Also it seems to be quite an upmarket private dining club.. so I'm not sure about just walking in and asking about one of their junior staff!

What do you think? Anything else I could say? Or maybe I have to seduce the receptionist first? Haha
    Yeah if they call her on the spot I'd instinctively say leave it... but obviously that's not the best thing for you. It'd be awkward, but if that happened. You could see what came of it?

Maybe you could call the place as oppose to walking in, you might be able to find out when she's in as well. I'm not 100% on that though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    Yeah if they call her on the spot I'd instinctively say leave it... but obviously that's not the best thing for you. It'd be awkward, but if that happened. You could see what came of it?

Maybe you could call the place as oppose to walking in, you might be able to find out when she's in as well. I'm not 100% on that though
    Point taken. Yeah I suppose that might just work!! Gonna try it if I can muster the courage haha

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha I sense a film too!

I really would love to find her, but all I know is:
    1) She used to work at a restaurant in London according to Linkedin
    2) She now works at a different company according to Linkedin, but there is no location specified.
    3) According to FB and Twitter, she still lives in London and has been attending parties here.
    4) She still seems to be as wonderful as ever!

I'm not on any social media, and I'm not sure how to find and bump into her. (If I did bump into her by chance, I would definitely make a film about this!!!)

How do I find her? Go to the restaurant and ask?
    Why don't you make Facebook / Linkedin too?
    And yeah you could try that, they may not help you out though bc it can be seen unethical to share personal information, you could be a psycho for all they know :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

This is so romantic, do it!

ReputationRep:
    Just do it! Or you'll always wonder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ff96)
    Why don't you make Facebook / Linkedin too?
    And yeah you could try that, they may not help you out though bc it can be seen unethical to share personal information, you could be a psycho for all they know :lol:
    That was my worry about the go to the restaurant idea, though Ted Mosby did ask the costume shop about the slutty pumpkin i guess...

It's just I'm not really a FB type person.. also I have no profile on there, so would have to start everything from scratch and friend people etc.. build a status on there haha

Is there anyway to go and ask and use some charm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    This is so romantic, do it!
    New sitcom and then movie pending haha!

How do I find her?!! Help me, you're my only hope!

ReputationRep:
    inb4 OP is rejected and rom-com is cut short.

ReputationRep:
    You're right there. It took me ages to find her online in the first place given how many people share her surname!!

HOW DO I FIND HER PHYSICALLY NOW?

ReputationRep:
    Point taken. Yeah I suppose that might just work!! Gonna try it if I can muster the courage haha

Thanks!!
    You might as well go for it dude! Don't hold back, you may regret it

ReputationRep:
    If you met and fell for a girl 8 years ago at an exchange event, got on really well with her, but lost her number... and then by chance find out she works in the same city as you now, would it all right to go and find her and ask her out?
    If you never try you'll never know! I'd give it a go, but it was 8 years ago so she may have a boyfriend or whatever, so just don't get your hopes up

ReputationRep:

Cant you google the location of the office in London?

ReputationRep:
    That was my worry about the go to the restaurant idea, though Ted Mosby did ask the costume shop about the slutty pumpkin i guess...

It's just I'm not really a FB type person.. also I have no profile on there, so would have to start everything from scratch and friend people etc.. build a status on there haha

Is there anyway to go and ask and use some charm?
    Haha and you can't message her with a blank profile .. It'll be SO creepy :laugh:

You've got nothing to lose tbh, so ask! If it's meant to be, it'll happen :h:

ReputationRep:
    Before your love story turns into a rom-com, can I have your autograph?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.