Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your ideal proposal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Oh gosh, that's awful. He just sprung the wedding on her
    The proposal was cute though, imagine if she had said no!

I wanted to go the extra mile and do something special and unexpected, so I did.

We were on holiday last year in Florida with the family. I arranged a private boat trip with a captain who knew the area very well. We went looking for dolphins and manatees. He then dropped us off on an island which is only accessible by boat. We took a walk on the beach. There were lots of pretty shells so I said to her, let's play a little game, you walk one way I'll walk the other and we'll see who can find the nicest shell. As she walked away, I quickly scrambled in my backpack to get the ring and ring box. The ring box was a specially made rose, with the ring enclosed in the bud. I planted this in the sand and called over "quick, come and look at this, there's a red rose in the sand." It looked awesome in the sand, a striking red rose surrounded by white sand and shells. I was the other side of the rose when she came over, as she picked it up I opened the bud of the rose and there was the ring. Popped the question, bla bla. We were very fortunate that an island ranger was walking down the beach just as we were celebrating. He took some snaps of us both so we didn't just have selfies. Headed back to the boat where the captain was patiently waiting, he congratulated us (he was in on it all along), cracked up the champagne (water actually as I couldn't think of a good reason to take champagne on a boat (we don't drink much)) and had some fresh fruit whilst looking for more dolphin and manatees.

Family picked us up, took us back to the villa and they had arranged a little surprise party too which was great.

However, taking a ring to the other side of the world and keeping it hidden is very stressful. It was left in a McDonalds toilet on one occasion :eek:, but thankfully, quickly recovered.

Great time and amazing memories To all the guys I would recommend going the extra mile; even if the girl says she doesn't care I'm sure that is BS. Go for it, you only do it once and it's something to tell the kids

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by donutaud15)
      I didn't do anything lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
      My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
      My thoughts exactly.
      ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Lol nevermind :P

ReputationRep:
      Lol nevermind :P
      No go ahead. I'm slow atm but I would like to know what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by donutaud15)
      No go ahead. I'm slow atm but I would like to know what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      When i said "my thoughts exactly" , i was referring to the fact i also don't understand why Mr M gave you a rep for your first comment. He said "i see what you did there" . I was see what , and you had the similiar reply. So thats why "i said my thoughts exactly".

That was really longwinded

ReputationRep:
      When i said "my thoughts exactly" , i was referring to the fact i also don't understand why Mr M gave you a rep for your first comment. He said "i see what you did there" . I was see what , and you had the similiar reply. So thats why "i said my thoughts exactly".

That was really longwinded
      He said he thought it was similar to the Friends episode where Ross proposed to Emily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by MylittlePlusle)
        What would be your ideal proposal?
        Without going into specifics, Venice, The Gritti Palace, dinner at luxury restaurant, boat ride then proposal with fireworks in background

Just to clarify the original proposal was a simple haribo proposal which was accepted but I don't consider it true until I place a mighty diamond on her finger hence why I'll go all out in Venice next summer

(Original post by tehFrance)
          Without going into specifics, Venice, The Gritti Palace, dinner at luxury restaurant, boat ride then proposal with fireworks in background

Just to clarify the original proposal was a simple haribo proposal which was accepted but I don't consider it true until I place a mighty diamond on her finger hence why I'll go all out in Venice next summer
          Sounds cracking

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.