a) Squash first, then fill with water
    88.12%
    b) Water first then top up with squash
    11.88%
    c) Simultaneously pour in squash whilst filling up with water
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Crazy, now i feel foolish for not having that as a 4th option on the poll.

do you find it makes any difference to the resultant squash?
    Haha because it makes sense right?

No I don't taste a difference really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Not really as my other rarely buys juice. She is a more "Water is good for you" type of parent, so whenever we buy juice (usually in bulk) we could down it in a minute.
    Water is good for you. Can confirm. But having no added sugar squash makes it easier and nicer to drink lots of water.

(Original post by She-Ra)
    But then you have to stir it!!! It doesn't mix properly that way
    I poured it vigorously and it mixed fine. :dontknow:

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Does anyone know why it's called squash. I like high juice.
    No idea, because the fruits are squashed to make it?

(Original post by minimarshmallow)
    Usually squash first and then water, much better that way.
    Except the tap at home sometimes gives us bitter tasting water at first so if I'm doing some of the more expensive squash like Ribena I'll put the water in first so I can check it for the bitter taste so I don't have to throw out the whole glass/bottle.

If it's in a bottle I then put the lid on and shake, or in a glass I'll stir up with a straw.
    Ahh, so you find it needs a stir this way? Maybe she-ra is right...

(Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I usually add the squash after. If I put squash first then it's usually too much or too little. I prefer adding it after :yep:
    Then you just judge it by colour?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, so you find it needs a stir this way? Maybe she-ra is right...
    Sometimes it needs a stir both ways though, particularly with something like Ribena and if it's a hot day, because it's almost like syrup! Plus I keep it in a high up cupboard.

ReputationRep:
    Squash first , then water. Doesn't everyone do it like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Squash first , then water. Doesn't everyone do it like that?

Roughly 10% of TSR users including puddles the monkey go water first...

ReputationRep:
    Roughly 10% of TSR users including puddles the monkey go water first...
    :P , tried it that way once. Didn't end up well

ReputationRep:
    Squash first, then water, because otherwise I get all confused with how much of each I've put in and have to start again

ReputationRep:
    I usually put water then squash, but I'm one of the ones that puts milk in my mug before the water when making tea
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    A tiny amount of squash, then top up with water. Nothing more than a hint of squash flavour.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Squash first. you can see how much squash your putting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    :P , tried it that way once. Didn't end up well
    What happened? too much water? Not enough space?

(Original post by Neuth)
    Squash first, then water, because otherwise I get all confused with how much of each I've put in and have to start again
    I only have tried it water first once(In the photo by Puddles earlier in this thread) and it looks cool but is risky,. I only hjust had enough room for squash. and it's tough to gauge how strong it is whilst pouring.

(Original post by bumblebee342)
    I usually put water then squash, but I'm one of the ones that puts milk in my mug before the water when making tea

What type of crazyness is in your beverage making?

(Original post by miser)
    A tiny amount of squash, then top up with water. Nothing more than a hint of squash flavour.
    You're one of those? Think we definitely need a "How strong do you like your squash?" thread as others earlier in the thread say they use a 1:2 ratio of water:squash. :eek:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You're one of those? Think we definitely need a "How strong do you like your squash?" thread as others earlier in the thread say they use a 1:2 ratio of water:squash. :eek:
    Yeah, those people are mental. 1:50 sounds about right.

ReputationRep:
    I only drink blood
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by bumblebee342)

ReputationRep:
    I only have tried it water first once(In the photo by Puddles earlier in this thread) and it looks cool but is risky,. I only hjust had enough room for squash. and it's tough to gauge how strong it is whilst pouring.
    Yeah, exactly - I've tried water first a couple of times, but I just hate the way that you never know a) how much squash you've put in and b) how much room you should leave for the squash :lol:

I think most people have a sort of, set measure, of squash that they use every time, do you know what I mean?
    Like, you know what you like, so that's the amount you use - pouring it in to start with is easier, because you can put in that exact amount :yep:
    Putting water in first would just confuse me, and then I'd end up with squash that's either too weak or too strong.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have orders to just create as many dull, unoffensive threads as is physically possible?

ReputationRep:

What type of crazyness is in your beverage making?
    :awesome: I never really thought about it. Didn't realise I was being different till I read the comments on these threads!

(Original post by Wee.Guy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Yeah, exactly - I've tried water first a couple of times, but I just hate the way that you never know a) how much squash you've put in and b) how much room you should leave for the squash :lol:

I think most people have a sort of, set measure, of squash that they use every time, do you know what I mean?
    Like, you know what you like, so that's the amount you use - pouring it in to start with is easier, because you can put in that exact amount :yep:
    Putting water in first would just confuse me, and then I'd end up with squash that's either too weak or too strong.
    Yea, i know what you mean, i tend to aim for roughly 1cm deep of squash in my usual glass. slightly taller in glassesd with a tinner base. find i often get the strenght wrong when in other sized glasses.

(Original post by Huskaris)
    Do you guys have orders to just create as many dull, unoffensive threads as is physically possible?
    No but if 50 people want to join in and post it can't be that dull? Unoffensive is good though. Glad i didn't offend anyone without access to squash.

ReputationRep:
    Yea but what happens when you accidentally put in too much squash then don't realise until the glass is full.

You then either have to drink weird strong squash until you can add more water or have to throw some away to make space.

#firstworldproblems
    Find a bigger cup/glass, then add more water.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yea, i know what you mean, i tend to aim for roughly 1cm deep of squash in my usual glass. slightly taller in glassesd with a tinner base. find i often get the strenght wrong when in other sized glasses.
    Yeah :yep: Pouring the squash in after the water just baffles me :lol:

Glad i didn't offend anyone without access to squash.
    :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.