Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What type of drunk are you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Yup I would agree with this.
    The only scientifically demonstrable effects of alcohol are first a feeling of relaxation and then euphoria.

Anything else is purely psychological.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    The only scientifically demonstrable effects of alcohol are first a feeling of relaxation and then euphoria.

Anything else is purely psychological.
    I think a lot of it is that it becomes some what socially acceptable to behave like an arse when among a group of drunks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I think a lot of it is that it becomes some what socially acceptable to behave like an arse when among a group of drunks.
    In other countries where it is less acceptable or expected, no-one behaves like an ass.

Its only in certain countries like ours where the media exhibit a strong anti-alcohol bias that we are conditioned to behave like idiots.

Ironically, the people making a big deal out of "alcohol fuelled violence" are the very people responsible for it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know yet. If I have my way I never will.

ReputationRep:
    The unpredictable kind. Drinking can make me feel either a lot better or a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    Sleepy, quick to laugh, a lot more easy-going and I speak more slowly. Not slurring my speech, mind, just more slowly

However, I once drank some wine when I was pissed off and I had none of that feeling of elation and ease, just wooziness. That time was enough to tell me to never drink when angry. Alcohol is a mood enhancer.

ReputationRep:
    Cocky, boastful, liable to get into rows with strangers over trivial incidents, aggressive, generous.

ReputationRep:
    Love tiger tiger !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I become overly friendly and chatty. Normally I'm an introverted guy who will happily chat though I struggle to keep a conversation going but, once the alcohol starts flowing I'm Mr.Talkative.

I also start dancing.. badly.

ReputationRep:
    I just tend to feel more confident than I would usually
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    happy and bouncy at first, and then incredibly sleepy

ReputationRep:
    Only got angry drunk once and nothing bad really happened, Rest of the time I'm alright, pretty happy, can almost always snap back to sober for a friend in crisis though

ReputationRep:
    A lot more cofident.. And stubborn in the sense of mate saying he doesn't want a drink so I get a round of Jagers in..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. I become a lot more confident and chatty.
    2. I'm very happy. I love and care for anyone and everyone I'm with.
    3. Once I'm on a few drinks I crave more and more thereon-after.
    4. I become pretty careless with my money. I spend it on others and lend it out whenever needed without any regret.
    5. I become quite clumsy and stupid :3

ReputationRep:
    i become very giggly- i laugh at literally everything, a lot more confident i.e don't care if people are staring at me. Generally i become a very happy person. God i love being drunk.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I get a bit more confident. Usually I'm painfully shy but I'm a bit more open after I've had a few.
    My speech gets quite slurred and I wobble a bit :P
    I spend money like it's nobodies business.
    I'm the happy, giggly type. I can't remember any instances where I've got aggressive or angry.

Not to sound like an alcoholic, but I think I prefer my drunk self

ReputationRep:
    I usually become uber confident and get everyone to play fun games. I'll get one of the girls to help me organise said games and get everyone involved.

I also always have really strong urges to punch things when I'm drunk.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Giggly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I am the most interesting person in the world when drunk (according to me).

Seriously though, it's still me, just more confident/funny/lively most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    The extreme giggling/cackling kind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.