Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was the stupidest thing you wrote in a GCSE exam? Watch

Announcements
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Almost forgot. In this year's AS Gen Studies exam we had to write an essay on the role of an artist, so I talked about how Christopher Nolan's art is for a purpose and to convey a message or a meaning. I also wrote an entire paragraph on how, and I quote, 'Michael Bay is an example of an artist whose sole purpose is to create art. His work does not necessarily have a deeper meaning beyond explosions, giant robots punching each other, and Shia Labeouf screaming.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    GCSE Geography AQA A Exam:

"What is Cliff Collapse?"

'the collapse of a cliff'

- isn't it supposed to be self-explanatory?...
    Hahaha I put that too... Ridiculous question

ReputationRep:
    I would write obvious and subliminal messaging into my exams. For example, writing H over a page number, E on a later page and of course L and P later on. I achieved great grades so something worked haha!

ReputationRep:
    God i can barely remember any of my exams, oh boy do i remember B2 AQA though!!! that damn shrimp question!! i just put they were both and male and that they were both female, definitely one mark lost there.............

...Although a stupid question would require a stupid answer....

ReputationRep:
    one of the sources on my history paper was an image of Malcolm X with a gun, which i totally didn't even notice until near the end, so i'm not sure my analysis of the source was what was expected
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    1. Once in a Math mock exam I wrote a whole essay -on the page that says "End of exam."- about how much paper they're wasting by printing out this last page. I got full marks but my teacher wrote "see me" and I got into a debate with him about how necessary it was.
    I won because I pointed out how it got his attention and then he never printed it out that page again.

2. I accidentally wrote penis instead of pens in a DT exam. :unimpressed:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.