Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was your hardest A-level exam and why? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexmufc1995)
    It's unfortunate that you lost all ten marks! I agree though, it was ambiguous and a very odd question.

What raw mark are you hoping for on FP3?
    62/75. Hoping that scrapes an A!

It enrages me that my attention to the exact detail of a question is the difference between an A* and an A (maybe a B!). The answer to the question did not actually involve answering the question they gave you, but relying on the fact that you have done similar, but correctly posed questions in the past during revision and requiring you to just fudge it do what you are used to doing ignoring the actual question.

Rant over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    62/75. Hoping that scrapes an A!

It enrages me that my attention to the exact detail of a question is the difference between an A* and an A (maybe a B!). The answer to the question did not actually involve answering the question they gave you, but relying on the fact that you have done similar, but correctly posed questions in the past during revision and requiring you to just fudge it do what you are used to doing ignoring the actual question.

Rant over
    Having read over the threads for FP2 and FP3, I reckon the grade boundaries could be the lowest for quite a few years (perhaps wishful thinking!)

Wait, so is that 62 on FP2 or FP3? If so what about the other one

ReputationRep:
    Having read over the threads for FP2 and FP3, I reckon the grade boundaries could be the lowest for quite a few years (perhaps wishful thinking!)

Wait, so is that 62 on FP2 or FP3? If so what about the other one
    Estimated raw marks:
    FP2: 64/75
    FP3: 62/75

I also think that the grade boundaries will be more lenient than in recent years. I don't think anyone would deny that most of the exams were harder than any of the past papers available for them. I should know, I did 11 Mathematics exams this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    Estimated raw marks:
    FP2: 64/75
    FP3: 62/75

I also think that the grade boundaries will be more lenient than in recent years. I don't think anyone would deny that most of the exams were harder than any of the past papers available for them. I should know, I did 11 Mathematics exams this season.
    11? WOW! And I thought my 7 was excessive... Hope you get the required result anyway!

Uni?

ReputationRep:
    AS2 Chemistry...I was asked an A2 level question worth ~20 marks in total lel.

ReputationRep:
    11? WOW! And I thought my 7 was excessive... Hope you get the required result anyway!

Uni?
    One more A-Level. Did both of these in 1 year, and I now need to A-Level Philosophy in 2015.

After that though, it's off to Royal Holloway for Comp Sci and Mathematics (Joint Honours)

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    French.

Not because it's actually hard, but cause you get marked by entitled ***** who expect you to have an unbelievable level of fluency.

I rock up to my speaking exam and there's some **** there talking on his mobile in french. This is bull****, and discourages people to take languages because they get ****ed in the arse by a stupid mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    One more A-Level. Did both of these in 1 year, and I now need to A-Level Philosophy in 2015.

After that though, it's off to Royal Holloway for Comp Sci and Mathematics (Joint Honours)

How about you?
    Good luck with that! Wish I could try CompSci - I've never really had an opportunity to give it a go!

Coincidentally, I'm gunning for Maths+Philosophy at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    Biology coursework , teachers didnt prepare us and it facked up my A*

ReputationRep:
    Economics-Its was just so hard, and I found it difficult to grasp how to write the 25 mark questions.

ReputationRep:
    AQA Physics destroyed me, CHEM4 AQA was pretty awful too

ReputationRep:
    AQA BIOL5 was the hardest imo. what kind of paper was it i mean, it was bland on content so unfair...and yess I also agree chem 4 was difficult too and edxcel c4 maths was a toughie too...but for me biol5 and the empa biol6 arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel C2 because I stupidly didn't think I should bother doing the solomon papers and some of the questions were similar to what might appear in those...

ReputationRep:
    AS Psychology Unit 2, a **** of a paper and I didn't revise. Bit of a shame as I'm pretty sure I smashed the first paper and it would have been nice to have a high UMS average over the two papers. Ah well, going to drop it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    AS History F964 - Germany question

The wording of the question completely threw me off and I didn't really know what they were asking so I was just writing from instincts. Although this was a source paper, we get a few marks for context so I'm crossing my fingers for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Psychology unit 4 on AQA
    Although I was pleased with how exams went I kept remembering silly mistakes I made which all happened to be in this paper. I found the 10 mark question in the addiction section through me off a bit, hoping it doesn't bring down my grade to much 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    mei D1 and OCR g481
    worst exams of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    mei D1 and OCR g481
    worst exams of my life
    What about G482:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What about G482:
    G482 was alright because after I compared answers I think I got around 85.
    I hope I get 100ums in it cos I feel like I got 40/60 in G481.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    G482 was alright because after I compared answers I think I got around 85.
    I hope I get 100ums in it cos I feel like I got 40/60 in G481.
    Ah nice! Both papers were definitely the hardest they've set.

Did you check the teacher's unofficial mark scheme for G481 for a better idea?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.