Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Were there a lot of Canadians students? And were there a lot of older students as well? Did you have any free time outside of law school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolsbreeze)
    Were there a lot of Canadians students? And were there a lot of older students as well? Did you have any free time outside of law school?
    There were lots of Canadians, they have their own Canadian law society. Some older students but not all that many. I definitely had free time, you can't be expected to be doing law work 24/7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellkins)
    There were lots of Canadians, they have their own Canadian law society. Some older students but not all that many. I definitely had free time, you can't be expected to be doing law work 24/7!
    Woo! Canadians - bonus points for Leicester I'm not Canadian, by the way. I just like how they speak. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BesideThePoint)
    Woo! Canadians - bonus points for Leicester I'm not Canadian, by the way. I just like how they speak. Lol

Haha, me too!

ReputationRep:
    How difficult is it to actually comprehend the material especially someone who's never read a law textbook or has had any exposure to studying law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellkins)
    I have never been into the summit so I'm not sure what it's like, sorry. But I have been into the Code apartments which are near the Summit and they're very nice, a complete little flat all to yourself. They're a bit further out from uni but I think they do run a shuttle bus
    code says they are 10 minutes away from the uni, is it true? i checked on google map, it says 27mins

ReputationRep:
    How difficult is it to actually comprehend the material especially someone who's never read a law textbook or has had any exposure to studying law.

I don't think it's too difficult, once you've started you'll soon pick it up. Lots of people are in the same position before they start and in the end you'll soon get used to it. Some topics may be harder to comprehend than others, e.g land

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bil11)
    code says they are 10 minutes away from the uni, is it true? i checked on google map, it says 27mins
    10 mins is very optimistic, I'd say it's more like 20 but like I said they do run a shuttle bus, not sure how frequent it is though

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Just wondering if you knew anything about the Modern Languages department? Or anyone who did languages? I'm keen to find out more about the 3 week summer school they offer at the end of first year in Spain or Italy. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How and where do you access past exams and tests? Is it easy to access them or can they never be found?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigailbayram)
    Hi! Just wondering if you knew anything about the Modern Languages department? Or anyone who did languages? I'm keen to find out more about the 3 week summer school they offer at the end of first year in Spain or Italy. Thanks

I don't know anything about that, really sorry! I know some people who do languages and are currently on their year abroad but I haven't heard anything about the summer school. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    How and where do you access past exams and tests? Is it easy to access them or can they never be found?

Once you start you'll have access to Blackboard which is where all the lecture slides, handouts etc are found, and past papers are on there too.

ReputationRep:
    The past papers are there answers on them or do students get a group and work together on them?

ReputationRep:
    How do the semesters work at Leicester for law? Do you have half your exams in january and then the other half in june? When do your exam results get released and how do you see them (ex: email, online, paper, etc)Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    The past papers are there answers on them or do students get a group and work together on them?
    I think most do have brief guidance on them, but working on them in a group would be a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz4444)
    How do the semesters work at Leicester for law? Do you have half your exams in january and then the other half in june? When do your exam results get released and how do you see them (ex: email, online, paper, etc)Thanks!

In first year we had some exams in January, got the results in February time by email and then had more exams in May/June.
    In second and third year I don't think any modules have exams in January, that'll just be essays instead. (Some don't even have assessed essays but they will set non-assessed ones.) Then the exams will be May/June with results by email a few weeks after the end of the exam period, maybe a month or so later.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like those exams in 2nd and 3rd year are very stressful if they put in that much content into one exam.

ReputationRep:
    Do tutorials get graded for like participation or short quizzes or written assignments or are they just for your benefit?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like those exams in 2nd and 3rd year are very stressful if they put in that much content into one exam.

They sure are!

ReputationRep:
    Do tutorials get graded for like participation or short quizzes or written assignments or are they just for your benefit?
    No they don't get graded at all but they are hugely beneficial and are compulsory.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.