Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    What did you do instead of History?

If you chose Geog over History like I did, trust me when I say it's a huge mistake.
    I agree! So much coursework!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverafangirl)
    I wish I did media studies instead of music and took after-school Latin in year 9.
    That sounds so great. I wish I could learn Latin at school

ReputationRep:
    History, Geography and ICT. Was forced to do music because I played piano. Lucky enough I've enrolled in night class for History this year coming and am aiming to do ICT the year next ie September 2015. Only way I could get to do Geography is distance learning as colleges around me dont do it. grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    History, Geography and ICT. was forced to do music because I played piano. Lucky enough I've enrolled on a night class for GCSE history this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robb Boratheon)
    That sounds so great. I wish I could learn Latin at school
    I know right! I just wish they offered it at year 11 so I could take it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Latin and (even more crucially) Additional Maths.
    I really wish I'd done latin but our school didn't offer it. Additional maths just made me angry at numbers and letters, I broke like 3 calculators.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    What did you do instead of History?

If you chose Geog over History like I did, trust me when I say it's a huge mistake.
    I was definitely going to take Geography anyway because it is my favourite humanity. I also took RS because I enjoy and do well in it.

I guess this year I realised just how much I love my humanities. My teacher thought I should do history too and I felt bad because I like history as well... I don't think I'll regret taking them though.

Unlucky with your geography though. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I chose both, that was an even bigger mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Swag studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    I agree! So much coursework!
    Geography coursework was the worst out of all my subjects at GCSE to be honest, excluding Art of course which was tons and tons of coursework.

(Original post by karmacrunch)
    I was definitely going to take Geography anyway because it is my favourite humanity. I also took RS because I enjoy and do well in it.

I guess this year I realised just how much I love my humanities. My teacher thought I should do history too and I felt bad because I like history as well... I don't think I'll regret taking them though.

Unlucky with your geography though. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did RS, though it was compulsory at my school. I loved it, a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll love it too.

If you really do have a passion for Geography I think you'll be fine. I still did fine in Geography, though since I never really had a passion for it, it was horridly boring and tedious. I actually loved Geog at KS3 and hated History, but now it's the other way around. I think whichever I had chosen I wouldn't have liked anyway. Not a humanities person.

(Original post by JanitaTwain)
    I chose both, that was an even bigger mistake.
    Yeah some people at my school chose both and hated it. I would think that'd be super boring - and a lot of work.

ReputationRep:
    Additional maths and latin

ReputationRep:
    At the time I was choosing my GCSE options (it was 2007), my school was a language college so I only had two GCSE options and one BTEC option to choose for. At the time I wanted to go into a healthcare profession so I chose Health and Social Care for my GCSE option and Performing Arts for my BTEC option. So I did French and Health & Social Care as my additional GCSEs and Performing Arts for my additional option.

As I'm doing English and History for my degree; I wish I picked History and IT for my GCSE options but kept Performing Arts as the additional subject.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Additional maths and latin
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    I took
    -Religious philosophy (came with sociology short course)
    -Double ICT
    -French
    -German

as options.

French and german were good fun and I'd take them again.
    But ICT was all 'lala stuff' to me, like "What is the different between a JPEG and GIF". I naively thought it would be like an introduction to computer science. Religious philosophy was at least interesting but like the compulsory religous ethics GCSE it was useless to everyday life. I did enjoy the sociology short course that came with it though.

I would have taken additional maths and economics but they weren't available.

ReputationRep:
    Economics, would`ve helped me A LOT for the subject at A-Level. One of my classmates had done it, and he got the highest grades EVERY SINGLE TIME we did a test
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I did RS, though it was compulsory at my school. I loved it, a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll love it too.

If you really do have a passion for Geography I think you'll be fine. I still did fine in Geography, though since I never really had a passion for it, it was horridly boring and tedious. I actually loved Geog at KS3 and hated History, but now it's the other way around. I think whichever I had chosen I wouldn't have liked anyway. Not a humanities person.
    Ah thanks!

That was me in Year 7 & 8 but I guess Year 9 was when I 'opened my eyes' and saw that I actually like History. :laugh:

I'm kind of surprised by the amount of people who regret History and Geography! :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Home Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelecorrrea)
    I definitely wish I'd taken History but people were like "It's too hard" , "My brother said there's too many dates to remember" ect. etc.

http://thesciencesoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/
    Seriously? What exam board were you on? AQA is just a combination of contextual knowledge and exam technique, I can't remember when I've had to remember a date... (except for things like "Children's Act 1909" or something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Ah thanks!

That was me in Year 7 & 8 but I guess Year 9 was when I 'opened my eyes' and saw that I actually like History. :laugh:

I'm kind of surprised by the amount of people who regret History and Geography! :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's not really regret, just that the subject was pretty 'meh'.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    RE instead of business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.