Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100 Britons Are Fighting For Israel Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsertWittyName)
    I was trying to avoid referencing a specific event (the other two users I assume were talking about the beach incident like you) and instead make a broader point about the difference between terrorism and unintentional killing of civilians. The IDF has nothing to gain by deliberately targeting kids, the people on the other end of the trigger are human beings and I think the majority of them would not kill kids with malice aforethought. If the IDF did want to murder every single Palestinian they probably could have wiped out the Gaza Strip without too much trouble.

And regarding your 'safe zone' comment, I assume you are meaning it was a safer area (which pretty much all media outlets have noted and stated it was near to the hotel the journalists were staying in, so I'm not too sure what 'propaganda' you're talking about); calling it a 'safe zone' implies there was some international agreement for a ceasefire in that area.

I do believe, however, that Israel does need to take much more care with their use of force- all the precautions and care they showed at the start of the air campaign seems to have gone out of the window.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If this event "was" an accident it shows the sheer disregard for (Palestinian) human life especialy for that of children the IDF have which is quite concerning.

And you cannot say Israel does not have the capability to use more targeted strikes or even the assasination of targets. As the 3rd most powerful military in the world I don't think any of this is unreasonable and the IDF can and has done this before.

The only thing preventing them from wiping out Gaza is international law, even then the Israelis constanly break such laws, for example they have a huge nuclear stock pile and have not had it checked by the IAEA, meanwhile everyother country is subject to strict monitering of their nuclear stock pile, even Iran who constantly gets stick and even its scientists are assasinated my Mosad.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid analogy. Really, what is the likelihood of even one of those 100 setting off a bomb in Britain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Yeah this is a real problem. Jews have a long history of committing acts of terrorism in Britain.

Oh wait. That's not remotely true and the OP is <had to remove this word because its against the rules>
    Lol this.

Not afraid of any Jews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broscience123)
    http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/...t-israel/18448

Should those returning from combat with the IDF be arrested upon returning to the UK? How many of them have been radicalised by extremist views and now risk unleashing that frenzy upon our great country? Should we be asking whether their loyalties lie with Britain or with Israel?
    if IDF supporters were backward nutcases hellbent on causing misery to the entire world from the west to the east with their retarded anti-civilisation doctrines and therefore were a threat to us - then yes we should.

but seeing as they are not and its only islamists (and possibly extreme far right neo naziis) that fit the above description, we have the currently policy going the correct way

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Of course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.