Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who wants to chat? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    All the best with your results Hope it turns out well. I need to watch GoT

What kind of job you been looking for?

Hey So am i. I guess that makes two of us. Nice to meet you!

Long... Getting ready for Uni. Both excited and nervous. What you studying at school?
    Thanks I've done a couple of placements so I'm basically looking for anything that pays lol. Summer has kind of drained my funds. Wbu, are you waiting for results as well, or are you at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    Omg, home made lemonade is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth.

But I can go through 2 litres in just over a day, so have to limit how often I make it...
    Ikr, it tastes buff
    Your skin must be soooo clear :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Ikr, it tastes buff
    Your skin must be soooo clear :lol:
    Lemons may be good, but that much sugar must be making me diabetic. Must curb in my love of sugary drinks!

Strangely, I hate sugar in my coffee though, but that was partly because I just couldn't be bothered to buy sugar at uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    That's so awesome. So is your degree about all the different conflicts and wars that have taken place in the past? Wow!

Yeah, it's the opposite for me. I was less into humanities (though history was one of my favourite subjects) and more into the sciences xD
    Yeah that's right I will be looking at both WW1 and 2. Terrorism. Recent conflicts such as in Bosnia, and Afghanistan. Also get to look at Ancient conflicts i.e Romans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samstown)
    Thanks I've done a couple of placements so I'm basically looking for anything that pays lol. Summer has kind of drained my funds. Wbu, are you waiting for results as well, or are you at uni?
    I'm waiting for my results too. Going of to University though no matter what because i received an unconditional. Yeah, talking about money, i needed to buy myself a laptop and that has drained my money too lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    Lemons may be good, but that much sugar must be making me diabetic. Must curb in my love of sugary drinks!

Strangely, I hate sugar in my coffee though, but that was partly because I just couldn't be bothered to buy sugar at uni...

True I make lemonade without sugar in a bottle and take it out with me. Tastes disgusting but apparently its good for you so.. yeah
    But thats when i'm going out. For dinner, with sugar

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my results too. Going of to University though no matter what because i received an unconditional. Yeah, talking about money, i needed to buy myself a laptop and that has drained my money too lol.
    Ah good luck I'm sure you'll be fine my laptop is the bane of my life, I'm lucky if it doesn't die after 5 minutes. that's awesome, where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    Ah good luck I'm sure you'll be fine my laptop is the bane of my life, I'm lucky if it doesn't die after 5 minutes. that's awesome, where are you going?
    Going to the University of Wales Trinity Saint David to study Conflict and War.

Yeah laptops can be a real pain sometimes. Sorry i took so long was watching Secret Life of Students.

ReputationRep:
    Going to the University of Wales Trinity Saint David to study Conflict and War.

Yeah laptops can be a real pain sometimes. Sorry i took so long was watching Secret Life of Students.
    That's really interesting, what made you choose that? I love that show I was just watching it now-kind of sad that Aiden guy wasn't in the episode, he was weirdly entertaining lol. I'm guessing it must be really hyping you up for uni

ReputationRep:
    That's really interesting, what made you choose that? I love that show I was just watching it now-kind of sad that Aiden guy wasn't in the episode, he was weirdly entertaining lol. I'm guessing it must be really hyping you up for uni
    Yeah it is, looking forward to the nights out and my course, making new friends ect.

I picked the course because i have an interest in how society and its people work. Very much into International Relations which relates to my course. I also feel its important to study the past and to understand the horrors which happened so that i can learn and teach others. I also have an interest in how individual people deal with the circumstances which face them. However i'm also interested in the military aspect of Conflict and War, both on and off the battlefield.

Just my perspective

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, looking forward to the nights out and my course, making new friends ect.

I picked the course because i have an interest in how society and its people work. Very much into International Relations which relates to my course. I also feel its important to study the past and to understand the horrors which happened so that i can learn and teach others. I also have an interest in how individual people deal with the circumstances which face them. However i'm also interested in the military aspect of Conflict and War, both on and off the battlefield.

Just my perspective
    Wow, you seem to be really passionate about your course. I'm planning on studying History for a similar reason; I'm really interested in analysing the cause and effect pattern of past events, and how they shape modern society. Lol at how pretentious I sound

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you seem to be really passionate about your course. I'm planning on studying History for a similar reason; I'm really interested in analysing the cause and effect pattern of past events, and how they shape modern society. Lol at how pretentious I sound
    No, i mean, that's great

It's amazing how you can go wondering through life and yet, this past week, i have had some really good conversations with people. Amazing really how with some people you just click.

ReputationRep:
    No, i mean, that's great

It's amazing how you can go wondering through life and yet, this past week, i have had some really good conversations with people. Amazing really how with some people you just click.
    Ah I know what you mean I think if you put yourself out there its kind of hard not to find people like that. I realised that after pushing myself to talk to people more, instead of just waiting for them to approach me lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I know what you mean I think if you put yourself out there its kind of hard not to find people like that. I realised that after pushing myself to talk to people more, instead of just waiting for them to approach me lol.
    yeah That's the reason why i made this thread, so that i could perhaps meet a few people who i could have a good chat with, like yourself. I don't have amazing confidence but i pretty happy to start a chat with someone both online or in public

I regard myself rather lucky in the fact that i don't need to drink in order to feel relaxed. Yeah i, like everyone am uptight at first, but once the conversation is flowing, all is good

ReputationRep:
    Hey. How r u? I've just recently graduated from my maths degree and now need to look for a job. What do u study and what do u do for fun?

ReputationRep:
    yeah That's the reason why i made this thread, so that i could perhaps meet a few people who i could have a good chat with, like yourself. I don't have amazing confidence but i pretty happy to start a chat with someone both online or in public

I regard myself rather lucky in the fact that i don't need to drink in order to feel relaxed. Yeah i, like everyone am uptight at first, but once the conversation is flowing, all is good
    Yeah I'm not really a big drinker, and it's not much use trying to speak to me when I do
    that's good, at least you'll be fine with meeting new people at uni
    I'm slyly jealous...sixth form is dragging on a bit lol, I really want to go to university now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    Hey. How r u? I've just recently graduated from my maths degree and now need to look for a job. What do u study and what do u do for fun?
    Hey i am good thanks. Congratulations on your graduation. I will be going to Uni this September.

For fun i go quad biking, cycling, gaming ect...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not really a big drinker, and it's not much use trying to speak to me when I do
    that's good, at least you'll be fine with meeting new people at uni
    I'm slyly jealous...sixth form is dragging on a bit lol, I really want to go to university now
    I was in the exact same position. Really looking forward to going. I'm sure you will be just fine

What subjects did you take for sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Hey i am good thanks. Congratulations on your graduation. I will be going to Uni this September.

For fun i go quad biking, cycling, gaming ect...
    Thanku thats cool u seem like an interesting person. Hope uni goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    Thanku thats cool u seem like an interesting person. Hope uni goes well for you.
    Thanks! And i hope you get the job you are looking for

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.