Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Do You Like "Feminine" Girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SallyTheKid)

Ah OK Yeah, I notice a lot of guys nowadays seem to go for "bad girl" or the sort who argue a lot/cause a bit of drama/keep them on their toes etc. They're not more physically attractive in particular, I think the guys just like a bit of a challenge. I can understand not being too available and stuff for a guy, but I don't like playing games. I'm actually very straightforward so I prefer to commit for good rather than mess about constantly.
    I dont particulary agree with you there, guys are all different, however the ones who go for the bad girls types are probably bad boys themselves so sort of like it as they have common interests, like I knew a couple like that and they were both into fighting with others and they used to split weed and things with each other. OR the guys just wants her for sex.

A bit of a challenge hmm, most guys dont really want a challenge if they get on with the girl they will go for her, but if they dont they should leave it. In my experience girls who act challenging and play hard to get and things really annoys guys.

Yeah straight foward is good as it shows maturity and that the girl is serious and not wanting the short term guy like just for the sake of holding on to someone or sex.

ReputationRep:
    Not naive/overly innocent/killjoy "holier than thou" girls, but girls who are very kind and caring etc. (old-fashioned in some ways, I guess you could say). Girls who think long-term and are kind of "stable". Or do you prefer girls with more "edge"?

Also, are "cute/pretty" faces a turn-off (as in, can a girl look too "cute"?)
    Yes, we do.

ReputationRep:
    yes i like feminine girls, most guys do. cute face is fine but i prefer a sexy face.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe we're defining femininity a different way? :dontknow:

I mean that I'm extremely kind and caring (but not a people-pleaser, I'm actually the one who sticks up for my friends or has a word when a word needs to be had) to people who deserve it. And I'm quite "old-fashioned" in a feminine way (e.g. I don't sleep around and am a one-guy kind of girl etc.)
    Probably. Of course I wouldn't like someone less because they're kind and caring, but they aren't necessarily qualities that initially attract me. And the 'old-fashioned' thing probably wouldn't alter my opinions; I've been with girls who get around a bit and others who were the complete opposite.

Basically, what I'm saying is I have no real preference for 'feminine' girls, because the characteristics that determine femininity aren't ones that either attract or repel me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so there's no such thing as "too cute"? Like Millie Mackintosh (from Made in Chelsea) or Karen Gillan kind of cute?

I don't actually have any of those traits (I did the personality test on the other thread and I'm an ENTJ) but I'm just very kind/caring to people and moral. But some people might find that a turn off, I guess, b/c they want someone who's "loosened up"? I'm very disciplined and hard-working too.
    woo ENTJ as well...though i was kinda confused by the test if im honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    Feminine energy: submissive yet with desire in her eyes. I love how feminine girls let the man go for the kiss and she wants it and then soon after she lets loose and caresses him.
    yes I love feminine girls
    lol you've seen too many movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    lol you've seen too many movies
    No sir. Experienced it

ReputationRep:
    Not naive/overly innocent/killjoy "holier than thou" girls, but girls who are very kind and caring etc. (old-fashioned in some ways, I guess you could say). Girls who think long-term and are kind of "stable". Or do you prefer girls with more "edge"?
    In short. Yes.
    Except I have one big gripe with those kinds; they usually have no ambition or drive and I get the feeling they would be happy to just sit at home and be housewives for their whole lives. The only reason I have any preference for 'edgy' girls is because they tend to be active, sporty and are happy to be intimate.
    There's absolutely no way I want to be with someone who views sex as a chore.

Also, are "cute/pretty" faces a turn-off (as in, can a girl look too "cute"?)
    Not at all.
    Just don't look really young.

ReputationRep:
    I like feminine girls physically and slightly more independent girls emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought feminimity was more the way a person acts , speaks , dresses etc rather then career aspirations . Its perfectly possible to be feminine and hardworking , independent etc

For me girls being feminine is a must , but also with a bit of fiestiness .

ReputationRep:
    I have the same kind of face as them - big round eyes and hair, small nose and heart shaped delicate features, and am always getting called "cute". But it's more of a "baby faced" than "hot" look (like Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson, say.) And I have a Zooey Deschanel-style cut right now too (with bangs and all). I just wondered if appearing innocent was a turn off
    You sound lovely I think you should definitely take those as compliments!

I personally prefer pretty, cute 'feminine' girls as opposed to obviously-hot girls or those with an edge. To be a bit more precise, the physical features you described are really nice attributes, along with a sweet voice, a lovely friendly smile, a soft touch and an outgoing fun personality This also comes across in the way they normally dress.

ReputationRep:
    I like women. Feminine or "unfeminine". Although I must add that if I ever marry a women, she'll probably be more feminine because then I won't have to worry about her filing for divorce at the drop of a hat.

There's nothing like too cute.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.