Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100D100T : D31 why do guys like curvy women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Really? So even a woman with zero breast tissue could be curvy?
    Yeah, if she had a small waist and large hips.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some guys think big boobs and big bum= curvy

no, its wide hips and small waist.

you can be flat and curvy.

most women defined as curvy and not even curvy, just obese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    Why do some guys think big boobs and big bum= curvy

no, its wide hips and small waist.

you can be flat and curvy.

most women defined as curvy and not even curvy, just obese.
    But that makes no sense, those are contradictory terms. Boobs are in a curve shape, so why wouldn't that go towards being curvy?

I'd agree the waist has to be relatively small, or they're just fat. But that's just one aspect of it; you're just describing "good birthing hips", though that is apparantly the one aspect of female attraction that is universal.

ReputationRep:
    But that makes no sense, those are contradictory terms. Boobs are in a curve shape, so why wouldn't that go towards being curvy?

I'd agree the waist has to be relatively small, or they're just fat. But that's just one aspect of it; you're just describing "good birthing hips", though that is apparantly the one aspect of female attraction that is universal.
    What she's referring to is shape. For example I have wide hips and a small waist and a pretty small bum, but I still look curvy because my waist is smaller than my hips. I have big boobs though which helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the "fat is beautiful" crowd are something behind this.

There's Slim with curves... and then there's fat and just skinny.

Slim with curves win every time. But when people use the whole women with curves example they usually use overweight individuals.... which is kind of misleading to women.

But then again..... us men will sleep with anything given half the chance :rolleyes:
    So, I have a sneaking suspicion that ignorant tossers, that no sensible women would give half a chance, are are something behind this.

Mature and non judgemental win every time. But when people read read FHM and The Sun they are usually sad opinionated individuals... which is kind of misleading about the real world and meaningful relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously, but how many girls are really slim, yet have proper, natural curves? Usually it's a choice of one or the other, or a happy medium. It's very rare for skinny girls to have big tits.

It's all about scale, I mean I wouldn't date fat girls either, but my definition of fat is a lot more forgiving than some people's I think, a size ten/twelve is ideal, no problem with a bit of a tummy if the curves are there in the right places.
    Haha I must just be lucky.... I know a fair few slim girls with big tits.... it's usually the really skinny girls who struggle in that aspect and it isn't surprising seeing they would have a low fat ratio.

ReputationRep:

No, a girl can have big boobs but still not be curvy. Its all about hip to waist ratio.

Like I have a small chest but I'm curvy as the difference between my waist and hips is 10 inches. I'm also slim and curvy (57kg and 5ft7).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    No, a girl can have big boobs but still not be curvy. Its all about hip to waist ratio.

Like I have a small chest but I'm curvy as the difference between my waist and hips is 10 inches. I'm also slim and curvy (57kg and 5ft7).
    Only if we all accept your definition of the term, which doesn't seem to make logical sense. Breasts are in a curve shape, so big breasts equals curvy. I don't see how you can argue against that.

ReputationRep:
    Only if we all accept your definition of the term, which doesn't seem to make logical sense. Breasts are in a curve shape, so big breasts equals curvy. I don't see how you can argue against that.
    You have a point that I must agree with. The male perception of a curvy body shape includes the breast as part of the curves.

ReputationRep:
    Chubby girls though :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I guess the definition of curvy has changed.

I'm guessing to you it means big boobs/bum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    We have lovely child bearing hips :sexface:

And are all soft and squishy for cuddles :puppyeyes:
    This is the best comment ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    This is the best comment ever.
    Sarcasm, Stinkum? :unimpressed:

Anyway, with the 'what is curvy' debate, I definitely think for men it has to be a small waist with larger boobies, bum, hips. Whereas women may be more inclined to just include waist and hips, possibly because these are the areas we 'work on' to become curvy. We kinda naturally discount boobs sometimes, but obviously as you'll all know that wavey hand gesture that indicates a curvy lady's figure, dem boobies are in there.

ReputationRep:
    The rest of the body has to be a certain shape too to be considered curvy. I have 10" difference between waist and hips but do not look curvy at all, probably due to muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    Sarcasm, Stinkum? :unimpressed:

Anyway, with the 'what is curvy' debate, I definitely think for men it has to be a small waist with larger boobies, bum, hips. Whereas women may be more inclined to just include waist and hips, possibly because these are the areas we 'work on' to become curvy. We kinda naturally discount boobs sometimes, but obviously as you'll all know that wavey hand gesture that indicates a curvy lady's figure, dem boobies are in there.
    No, I wasn't being sarcastic at all! Actually I repped your post as well. I agree with what you said, it was spot on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.