Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you decide not to vote for Miliband because of how he looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    Haha yep!
    To be fair if he was from a lower class background, he probably wouldn't be remotely engaged in politics. Probably just clock watching, counting down to the evening's X Factor and thinking what he'll buy his orange girlfriend from Argos.

ReputationRep:
    These attacks on Ed Miliband are soooo manufactured. I could list the less than appealing Conservative MPs but that's not the point.

I have met several people who have met and talked to Ed and they all say how personable he is - glamorous even, in the flesh ( OK they were nearly all women) and how well he could connect and listen to their concerns. On a personal level, they were all very impressed even the non Labour voting ones.

Perhaps this is really what is frightening the Coalition so much.

ReputationRep:
    No of course not. I won't vote for Milliband because he is a pillac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    It's no worse a reason than "I'm voting for them because my Dad did, and my Grandfather before that..."

Labour in particular seem to get a frightening number of votes for that reason.
    Ah the old 'we hate Thatcher' bandwagoners who never even experienced her policies. Funnily enough I know loads who profess to hate her yet their parents probably wouldn't have owned their own home if it wasn't for her. Clueless people to be honest.

My only issue with Labour is that they purposely manipulate the electorate. Its no coincidence that they love to open the doors to mass immigration and bring in a generation of poorer people dependant on their generous policies on welfare. One only need look at London to see that loads of poorer minorities vote for them. Funnily enough loads of immigrants from Asia got wealthier running businesses and switched to voting Tory to protect their interests. That's why Labour don't want free movement to stop really. All they are interested in is self serving just like the other shams in Westminster.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Here's our Uncle Boris's pretty scathing take on the Ed Miliband debate in the Torygraph.

ReputationRep:
    Most politicians, aren't lookers so I can't see why people wouldn't vote for ed based on his looks, people won't vote for him because he has no policies and doesn't have the backing of his fellow MPs

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.