Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do u you regret that you would not advise people to do in their life? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Not trying hard enough in my education
    It's funny, I think I regret trying too much It's probably quite a strange opinion from someone on a student site, but yeah..

Has anyone seen the sitcom Modern Family? I was just like Alex during my school years. Very few things were more important to me than grades and exams. I was so damn boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)

To all these teenagers reading this, work hard now because, for most of us, how well you do now in these years which will largely dictate how the rest of your life plays out.
    Except society is a giant pyramid scheme and what if everyone did take that advice? You would just have massive grade inflation. Not to mention all the amount fo graduates that exist now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Except society is a giant pyramid scheme and what if everyone did take that advice? You would just have massive grade inflation. Not to mention all the amount fo graduates that exist now.
    I have no idea what you're talking about

I also said in my post I wasn't talking specifically about school. Education is not for everyone. Whatever it is you want to do in life (doctor, lawyer, journalist, athlete, gymnast, artist, musician, writer, michelin star chef etc. etc.), now is the time to start working on reaching these goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Unfortunately I can't afford to go back to uni, otherwise I would. I can't get another grant for tuition fees, they would class any application to finish my already-started degree as a new degree, and therefore I'd have to pay.
    Aww, that's a shame .

ReputationRep:
    Not getting the average gcse count on TSR , 47A*

ReputationRep:
    Bowing to peer pressure, just to avoid grief.

ReputationRep:
    I regret not trying hard enough in school, I still did ok but I probably could've done better.

I also regret hanging around with some of the people I used to be "friends" with when I was younger. Looking back I'd rather have no friends at all than hang around with people who constantly put me down and make snide comments about me for "banter".

I regret going to a certain training provider. Very poorly organised and where I met the above mentioned friends as well as a nutter who harassed me for a year and a half.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.