ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeamanStaines)
    No thrills to be had on the motorway pal. Save it for the country roads
    Do it on both, duhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't worry over pocket change.

ReputationRep:
    Out of the 2, I'd go 70mph. I'm not fussed about being 'paid' £6 an hour to drive. I love driving but, at such slow speeds, it would feel like a job; a job that I'd be getting paid less than minimum wage to do.

I seem to forget about fuel economy when doing long drives since I just want to get to my destination as quickly as possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    Out of the 2, I'd go 70mph. I'm not fussed about being 'paid' £6 an hour to drive. I love driving but, at such slow speeds, it would feel like a job; a job that I'd be getting paid less than minimum wage to do.

I seem to forget about fuel economy when doing long drives since I just want to get to my destination as quickly as possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is your life so hectic that you can't leave a few minutes earlier ?

ReputationRep:
    If I drive at 70 mph, it would take me 2 hours 51 minutes and cost me £20.28 assuming 60 MPG.

If I drive a 60 mph it takes me 3 hours 20 minutes and cost me £17.38 assuming 70 MPG.

So I save £2.90, at the cost of another 29 minutes on the road. Or £6 for every hour saved

So if I'm happy to "earn" £6 an hour for simply driving on a motorway then I should do 60 mph.

If I'm happy to forfeit £6 an hour for the pleasure of a little longer sleep then I should sleep longer.

Which would you do?
    Sounds more like a GCSE question than one I would ever hear in real life.

Time is a precious commodity. People who drive at 60 mph on the motorway clearly have too much of it on their hands.

ReputationRep:
    Is your life so hectic that you can't leave a few minutes earlier ?
    It's not a case of having a hectic life. I'm just too impatient to drive so slowly on the motorway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Sounds more like a GCSE question than one I would ever hear in real life.

Time is a precious commodity. People who drive at 60 mph on the motorway clearly have too much of it on their hands.
    Says the guy with 1,100 posts on TSR lol
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    It's not a case of having a hectic life. I'm just too impatient to drive so slowly on the motorway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nail head

It's not that people are too busy, people just like to feel like their making progress and travelling fast.

ReputationRep:
    Says the guy with 1,100 posts on TSR lol
    Touché
    The joys of insomnia!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Train Tracks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.