Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a Bengali girl (plus uni dropout/Xbox gamer) - ask me anything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    That makes sense! Sorry again.

I've answered that twice already, haha. Probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the title!
    I was studying International Law. I changed to English Lit w/ Creative Writing.
    I dropped out because I couldn't be bothered conforming to what my cultural society expected of me. I was under the impression I wanted to study Law and be a lawyer but I guess I was naive and realised my passion was for English instead!
    What university were studying International Law in, and where will you be studying in 2 months time?
    Also, do you wear a hijab?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Who's thirsty now bruh?
    It's a private joke between me and her :lol:
    Nothing serious

ReputationRep:
    History was always a no-no subject too so kudos to you for choosing that! And seriously, in our first lecture, they told us "you don't need a law degree to be a lawyer" and there's always a GDL if you wanna do a conversion course later!
    Exactly. I'd have my History degree, which I enjoyed doing for three years, and I can choose to do the GDL and the LPC, or I can choose a different path and work for say Proctor and Gamble (My Economics teacher has taken this path now).

How long have you been an Xbox gamer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    I mainly ask as my girlfriend is bengali :P I am not, nor am I muslim :P
    Dayum! Good for you! How did her parents react, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ff96)
    Ooh wow, tbh that's a respectable degree like law as it's a core subject, and kudos to you for English ... I hate it haha
    Thank you!
    HAHA, I love it! It's so easy and I can express my creativity constantly. Law restricts that. XD

ReputationRep:
    Dayum! Good for you! How did her parents react, if you don't mind me asking?
    Yeh they don't know. They found out years ago (weve been dating for 2 and a half years) and got super pissed so she pretended we broke up...yeh, they would not be happy :/

ReputationRep:
    What university were studying International Law in, and where will you be studying in 2 months time?
    Also, do you wear a hijab?
    I attended Lancaster University - I'm going back there to do English Lit w/ Creative Writing.

And no, I am not a hijabi. I feel like it's a commitment and I'm just not ready. Though I feel very good about myself when I wear one for occasions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    It's a private joke between me and her :lol:
    Nothing serious
    I wasn't being serious as well...didn't stop you from showing me an Evian bottle now, did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    Exactly. I'd have my History degree, which I enjoyed doing for three years, and I can choose to do the GDL and the LPC, or I can choose a different path and work for say Proctor and Gamble (My Economics teacher has taken this path now).

How long have you been an Xbox gamer?

Yes, exactly!

About half a decade. It was the PS2 before that and Gameboys before that.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't being serious as well...didn't stop you from showing me an Evian bottle now, did it?
    We're going off topic I don't want to be reported

ReputationRep:
    Hold up! What's all this about? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I attended Lancaster University - I'm going back there to do English Lit w/ Creative Writing.

And no, I am not a hijabi. I feel like it's a commitment and I'm just not ready. Though I feel very good about myself when I wear one for occasions.
    Are you living with your parents? Or are you away from your home city?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, exactly!

About half a decade. It was the PS2 before that and Gameboys before that.
    The PS2 was and is still is the greatest console ever made

What kind of games do you play?

ReputationRep:
    I live with my parents now during my 9 month break but I lived/will live on campus for my studies.

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is this anhar from Swanlea? If I'm right damn this world is small

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    The PS2 was and is still is the greatest console ever made

What kind of games do you play?
    Mainly action adventures. Third person. Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham trilogy, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider.
    I'm becoming more accepting of first person shooters though. Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurangzeb)
    What is your problem? With all due respect, could you go somewhere else? There's no need to come onto this thread and start telling people what they can and can't write. No one is being rude or offensive. There are thousands of posts in the cultural/national threads with people talking in a plethora of different languages, and they are never reprimanded or chastised.
    what is up with your name. Aurangzeb. He was a murderer. He was a vile and malicious creature who killed his own family for the throne and killed thousands of people in india.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ff96)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is this anhar from Swanlea? If I'm right damn this world is small
    Holy ****

Who's this loooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****

Who's this loooooooooooool
    LOOOOOL it's iffath from the year below idk if you remember me omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ff96)
    Omg Iffath looooooooool, oh god

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.