Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I have a few but I think the worst is my breasts, or lack thereof...they're almost completely flat.
    On the bright side you won't have a bad back, can exercise quite easily, people can give you a hug less awkwardly and you can wear buttons shirts quite well.

Personally I prefer flatish to a pair of boulders. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if this counts but.. The fact I tend to say 'no' to good opportunities because I'm too afraid they will be bad.

ReputationRep:
    my lack of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    My overall appearance is something I'm insecure about. But I don't really care, I spend most of my time inside reading books.

By far, my teeth are my biggest issue although my old dentist did state that my teeth are most likely hereditary related. I'm hoping to get these improved over the next few months.
    I can relate with you so much. I dislike my overall appearance and also my teeth are SO crowded like the top and the bottom are bent, I dont even smile in photos with my teeth showing. I want to get braces (im 16) however cannot as I have to many baby teeth, and even when I do get my baby teeth removed they would take so long to grow out for example I had a few teeth removed like last year-ish and so far one has partially grown out, so I cant really get the babies removed because I'll have no teeth for years lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly789)
    I can relate with you so much. I dislike my overall appearance and also my teeth are SO crowded like the top and the bottom are bent, I dont even smile in photos with my teeth showing. I want to get braces (im 16) however cannot as I have to many baby teeth, and even when I do get my baby teeth removed they would take so long to grow out for example I had a few teeth removed like last year-ish and so far one has partially grown out, so I cant really get the babies removed because I'll have no teeth for years lol.
    I don't even have a picture of myself. I haven't had one in a few years now. I still need to book a dentist appointment to get some fillings. Furthermore I have 2 teeth missing since the dentist has needed to take them out.

I'm not particularly fussed though, I usually stay inside, read books and keep myself to myself, although I would like to eventually crack out of my shell.

ReputationRep:
    Probably wanting a flat stomach... On that note, I think Im off to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganekko)
    My intelligence (or lack thereof); I'm a dumbass. :lol:
    Lol

Same. I think i want that more than improving physical appearance.if im a smart super ass i can acheive anything ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elri)
    Don't know if this counts but.. The fact I tend to say 'no' to good opportunities because I'm too afraid they will be bad.
    Ya same only cos your gut/intuition is always right in the end so you trusr yourself your thoughts.....

ReputationRep:
    I have none

ReputationRep:
    Where do I start?! Aha.. Stomach, thighs, chubs face, lack of boobs and much more, many insecurities! Would love to be one wihout any insecurities!!

ReputationRep:
    My skin. Damn spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meganekko)
    My intelligence (or lack thereof); I'm a dumbass. :lol:
    nawww cutie p

ReputationRep:
    I spent ten minutes trying to come up with at least one insecurity unfortunately I came back blank.

ReputationRep:
    Scar on the left side of my face. It's not as prominent as it once was and it will go away one day according to my GP but I just wish it would vanish this very second.

ReputationRep:
    personality

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any ,I'm god gift!

ReputationRep:
    I want to transcend being a human...

apart from that I love myself cant even front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rikudou_Sennin)
    I want to transcend being a human...

apart from that I love myself cant even front

hh you want to become rikudou sennin in real life xd

ReputationRep:
    Wow people here are so insecure- not. I was expecting more introspection than just "oh my gawd my teeth look bad in this photo" /facepalm

I guess an insecurity of mine is I have pretty much lost my faith in everything especially most other people and the prospect of finding someone I would trust spending my life with. I need to find something to believe in because right now this world seems like a hopeless prison and I really do mean that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xylas)
    Wow people here are so insecure- not. I was expecting more introspection than just "oh my gawd my teeth look bad in this photo" /facepalm

I guess an insecurity of mine is I have pretty much lost my faith in everything especially most other people and the prospect of finding someone I would trust spending my life with. I need to find something to believe in because right now this world seems like a hopeless prison and I really do mean that...
    feel you on that... there are good movements happening all over such as the Ubuntu movement / open-source movements and lots of anti-banking/mortgage movements... 3D printing is taking off (there is an open-source 3D printer that can print nearly all of it's own parts, as well as 3D printed houses being in their prototyping phases)... the ubuntu model for going forward is very intriguing though;-

http://youtu.be/du1ZxukLtM8?t=1h19m38s Michael Tellinger on the banking system (worlds largest legalized organized crime syndicate) - as well as a realistic vision of ubuntu's goal... transitioning to a moneyless abundance centric society

All that being said... I would recommend guided mindful meditation if you haven't tried it... www.headspace.com is a good introduction... certainly helps keep things in perspective for what they are and allow you to perceive your thoughts/actions rather than react to them and attach emotions/insecurities... (the guy has a ted talk called "all it takes is 10 minutes")

----------

on topic; biggest insecurity for me is also partly that (the world/moving forward) but in terms of my physicality, my stomach/body, coming from just over 20 stone down to around 13 stone I've never been able to lean it out to a decent/normal level... though it has improved recently... mindfulness has allowed me to be much more patient with it, though it is taking time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.