Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcturus7)
    My dad had kidney stones and was told by several female nurses/patients that they are far more painful than giving birth. So there's that - I don't know how a kick to the balls compare to the stones though.
    Kidney stones pain can go straight to the balls, so it can feel just like being kicked in the balls over and over, but thats not even the worst part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    And also our treacherous bodies fool us into forgetting the pain and just remembering the "magical" time that is pregnancy and having a new baby.
    And yet no man forgets the pain of getting kicked in the balls...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Electrodes in the brain wired up to impartial pain-o-meters is going to be the way forward. Not sure how the male subjects will be recruited for the experiment though.
    Get a victoria secret models to do the kicking! I know at least two thirsty brehs on TSR that would sign up instantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    And yet no man forgets the pain of getting kicked in the balls...
    There's no reason for you to.

The future of humanity doesn't rely on men getting kicked in the balls on a regular basis. Luckily for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    "The problem"?<- why don't you guys like children? Or is it the process? :rolleyes:

Er no... Should I be worried? Is that where 'growing parasite' is from? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am attempting to mock the original question (which is barking) with a pseudo-scientific/scholarly detached tone and a fake analytical approach.

Personally I like babies.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Kind of

One of the themes of that film is to make men feel sexually uncomfortable, what with the facehuggers ramming themselves down your throat (like a certain sexual act) and the whole xenomorph parasite thing being like pregnancy. Plus the Xenomorph's has penis shape body parts

(I know to much about the Alien films)
    "Sexually uncomfortable"<- :laugh: or are you being serious? O_o

Haha.... nice. It sounds pretty bad!

Umm okay, I'm just going to resist the urge to go on IMDB to look it up

*too but yeah I think you do! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    There's no reason for you to.

The future of humanity doesn't rely on men getting kicked in the balls on a regular basis. Luckily for you.
    And yet I've been hit in the balls for no reason plenty of times. At least you tend to get a choice in the matter. **** the future of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Which is more painful - giving birth or being kicked in the balls?

Come on TSR, let's solve this debate once and for all.
    i'd say birth. BUT with birth you can get drugged for the pain.

also there's girls who WANT kids.

if you told a guy he had to get thoroughly kicked in the balls each time he had a kid i don't think they'd have more than one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    And yet I've been hit in the balls for no reason plenty of times. At least you tend to get a choice in the matter. **** the future of the world.
    Aye, that's one thing in our favour.

ReputationRep:
    Being kicked in the balls is probably worse in terms of acute, split second pain. Childbirth is clearly more torturous overall due to the duration of pain, and the psychological damage caused from having a gaping vagina for the rest of your life.

Edit; inb4 somebody says they revert back to their normal size, we all know that's BS.

ReputationRep:
    Giving birth.. remember those guys who did that stimulation labour thing and gave up pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I am attempting to mock the original question (which is barking) with a pseudo-scientific/scholarly detached tone and a fake analytical approach.

Personally I like babies.
    Ah okay... Could you explain this bit please? (Or are you being sarcastic?)

Same! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've given birth, I had a 48 hour labour and no pain relief , the pain when the babys head crowns is unimaginable like a ring of fire I tore as well so had to have stitches the amazing thing about labour is the gift afterwards you get to meet your baby for the first time and it's the best feeling in the world, if you got nothing out of the pain it would be awful I always feel so sorry for women who have still borns and give birth to them naturally not only do they have to grieve over their child they have to give birth to them as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I would imagine child birth would hurt more and be worse, especially because it lasts longer. Getting kicked in the balls must be really agony too. Wouldn't want to experience either of them tbh! Not that I could anyway but you know what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends how hard you get kicked and how long your in labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    I've given birth, I had a 48 hour labour and no pain relief , the pain when the babys head crowns is unimaginable like a ring of fire I tore as well so had to have stitches the amazing thing about labour is the gift afterwards you get to meet your baby for the first time and it's the best feeling in the world, if you got nothing out of the pain it would be awful I always feel so sorry for women who have still borns and give birth to them naturally not only do they have to grieve over their child they have to give birth to them as well
    Ohhh. How lovely to have a baby. :hugs: You describe the birth really well. Boy or girl?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh. How lovely to have a baby. :hugs: You describe the birth really well. Boy or girl?
    Girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Even if it's true that getting kicked in the nadgers hurts more (which I very much question), child birth lasts longer and has a longer recovery period.

I really don't think the two are comparable and I don't understand the desperation with which some men seek to one-up child birth.
    This. It seems such a bizarre thing to want to compare.

Having been trampled in the nuts (rugby) and witnessed a 36 hour labour that resembled Omaha beach by the end, I bow in my admiration to all mums.

ReputationRep:
    My first Labour (need to find a better word!) lasted 12 hours, most painful thing that's happened in my life. So worth it though.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.