Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: do you go topless on the beach? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    Not if there are children about think its highly wrong to do it on a family beach
    Why? When I was a child I loved breasts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    Haha Amen to that!! But I'm realistic and know that that will never happen :P (unfortunately)
    He was being sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    I am a woman, a feminist, and I certainly don't like being harassed by boys, but please, please stop. That prisoner analogy made me feel ill. Get a little perspective, women as a whole gender do not suffer as much as the prisoners suffering from systematic abuse. I apologise if you come from somewhere like South Africa where the rape culture is insane, but my guess is you are from UK/the West, where women are still able to have relative freedom and independence without a definite lead-on to harrassment (that's not to say that women are totally fine, but **** it is nothing like you have described as a whole). Just read over what you have written and really think about what you are saying.

Lucaf is right by the way, rapists do not attack women for what they are or are not wearing, they usually attack women who look vulnerable i.e on their own, intoxicated.
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You got to buy the puppy to see it

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, I'd feel uncomfortable since some people would deem it inappropriate. If it were a beach where everyone was topless then yeah sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Why? When I was a child I loved breasts
    Just think its wrong you wouldn't exactly be over the moon if some guy had his knob out in front of your daugher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    You got to buy the puppy to see it
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That **** is illegal on a public beach? Seriously keep it under wraps...literally :mmm: But going skinny dipping or something in a private area or after beach hours with friends/lover, sure why not but in general during the day while little kids are wearing floaties, no, just gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    I am a woman, a feminist, and I certainly don't like being harassed by boys, but please, please stop. That prisoner analogy made me feel ill. Get a little perspective, women as a whole gender do not suffer as much as the prisoners suffering from systematic abuse. I apologise if you come from somewhere like South Africa where the rape culture is insane, but my guess is you are from UK/the West, where women are still able to have relative freedom and independence without a definite lead-on to harrassment (that's not to say that women are totally fine, but **** it is nothing like you have described as a whole). Just read over what you have written and really think about what you are saying.

Lucaf is right by the way, rapists do not attack women for what they are or are not wearing, they usually attack women who look vulnerable i.e on their own, intoxicated.
    Well I'm not a feminist because I find they are too aggressive and there is not point in being a specific 'feminist' when you can be a humanist.
    The prison analogy, is correct because I was trying to capture that feeling of constant treat especially when she is alone. I don't know what area you live in and I'm guessing its quite secluded and safe but here in the UK there are areas as bad as Africa.

"rapists do not attack women for what they are or are not wearing, they usually attack women who look vulnerable i.e on their own, intoxicated." Is that really representative of every rape-case? The thing is, all women are vulnerable compared to men (unless of course she is like me and does boxing and wouldn't mind throwing around a few punches in defence)
    And I've been speaking in the context of whether she is alone. This is the thing that pisses me off soo much, a woman can't go outside alone anymore for these reasons.
    You said it yourself, provided she is not alone, she would be more likely to get raped if she were alone.

And by the way, why did you mention you were a feminist? So that you can seem more correct?

You sound like your quite out of tune with reality, read this and may be it will clarify a few things for you..http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...ty-lad-culture

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...llege-students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Reddit sucks, honestly much worse than TSR in every respect

It's highly impersonal and the subreddit structure means that people end up becoming really extreme in whatever views are held in the particular subreddit they use. So if you write out stupid sound bites (the big subreddits have massive *******s with sexism and racism) or immature jokes, you get loads of upvotes, but intelligent posts or posts which disagree get hidden.
    Well obviously your opinion is the very minute minority..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyxrose)
    Probably not, I'd feel uncomfortable since some people would deem it inappropriate. If it were a beach where everyone was topless then yeah sure.
    But you don't mind posting your nudes online? Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    That **** is illegal on a public beach? Seriously keep it under wraps...literally :mmm: But going skinny dipping or something in a private area or after beach hours with friends/lover, sure why not but in general during the day while little kids are wearing floaties, no, just gross.
    If your tits are small, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I do if I'm abroad, it is like the OP said, liberating. If I go in the sea or go water-skiing I obviously put on a full bikini instead though. If there's children or an elderly couple nearby I tend to hide my breasts, out of respect mostly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    But you don't mind posting your nudes online? Hypocrite.
    Lmao what?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao what?
    Stop this madness, continue posting.

ReputationRep:
    Stop this madness, continue posting.
    I have no idea what you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    If your tits are small, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what you're talking about
    Play the denial card, please go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)

That's a good thing. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    That's a good thing. :ahee:
    lol in some instances.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.