Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WWYD: save the last genetically diverse female lions on earth or a complete stranger? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do? Save...
    Lion cubs
    62.50%
    Stranger
    32.81%
    Neither
    4.69%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    My reasoning is this:

If a human found themselves dangling of a ****ing cliff, they're pretty stupid. Not worth the saving
    I'd save them and then feed them to the lions when the lions woke up. I would sit there with the lions relaxing like the Lion King and then I'd lift one of the cubs up in the air on the edge of the cliff and scream

SIIIIIMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    I'd save them and then feed them to the lions when the lions woke up. I would sit there with the lions relaxing like the Lion King and then I'd lift one of the cubs up in the air on the edge of the cliff and scream

SIIIIIMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:woo:
    That's the circle of life haha

ReputationRep:
    I would save the stranger... human compassion simply overrides conservation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Stranger. Because then all of the zebras and lovely wild animals could live a bit more happily without being eaten by lions :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately they would still have infectious disease and crocodiles to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    In this instance, Lions.

There are seven billion people on the planet, we can afford to lose one. Lions on the other hand are an alpha predator and their removal from an ecosystem would have potentially disasterous consequences for most of Africa as there would be less controlling the population growth of herbivore species in Africa.

kind of like how deers do a ****ton of forest damage, ruin conservation and reintroduction efforts and are extremely costly to cull in England.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    Unfortunately they would still have infectious disease and crocodiles to worry about.
    Hence I said "a bit more"

ReputationRep:
    IRL I am pretty sure almost everybody would save the human. You'd have to be a borderline psychopath to let a living, breathing human die in a situation like that.

ReputationRep:
    Is the stranger religious? If they are, do lions get into heaven? I'm sure it would be more fair to let the lions live and the person go to heaven

ReputationRep:
    I'd save the lions. They didn't ask to be there, whereas anyone venturing near the edge of a cliff is clearly stupid and got themselves into that situation. Besides, you can fall off a cliff and survive depending on how high it as and whether it slopes down or not. But the last lions in the world? They neither got themselves into that situation nor deserved to be ignored.

The lions have a nice breeding programme to go to, but there is no amount of therapy in the world that can cure a person of stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Copying people in
    Whats this for?

ReputationRep:
    Lions probs

ReputationRep:
    To all those who said they'd save the Lion - good luck explaining that in court *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    To all those who said they'd save the Lion - good luck explaining that in court *******s
    How would the court know the exact circumstances?

And even then letting someone else die is not a crime.

Killing them would be but this isn't that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    How would the court know the exact circumstances?

And even then letting someone else die is not a crime.

Killing them would be but this isn't that...
    You would not live in fear over what you had done? (also, a lot of people on here get depressed over nothing - imagine how depressed they're gonna be after this!)

I believe it would be a crime to let someone die when you could have helped them easily and chose to save a animal instead.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would save the stranger even though they don't mean anything to me, they mean something to somebody else

ReputationRep:
    The stranger, as someone mentioned above placed in this actual situation you would have to be severely broken to actually pick some lions over a human life.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    What does the stranger do?
    You'll never know....

(Original post by Canada eh)
    but to answer the question I would wait for another person to walk by and help save the stranger and the lions. The reasoning behind this is, the path is obviously one of high traffic, seeing as it has both a random person who has slipped and fell off and now holding for their life, and myself are at this cliff. Not to mention that some person had traveled to this point to rid the world of these lions. With that knowledge being known, one can assume that myself, the man hanging there and the potential lion killer are not the only ones aware of this area, and someone will be along soon which will be able to help save both.
    Unfortunately, they are hanging off of a loose piece of rock, if you don't act immediately, the rock will fall under all of your weight and none of you will survive :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Kill the lions and the stranger. Make a nice coat out of the lion fur, steal the strangers wallet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    Kill the lions and the stranger. Make a nice coat out of the lion fur, steal the strangers wallet.
    And live the rest of your days like a king

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscounted_time)
    And live the rest of your days like a king

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.