Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR has become a popularity contest Watch

If by TSR you mean....Chat.....then sure.

ReputationRep:
      It's always been like this. On every forum there is going to be people who use it for some form of validation and there's nothing that is ever going to change that. I dislike AMA threads but at least it keeps them contained. If they're busy answering questions about themselves or posting pictures of themselves it keeps them away from the interesting threads. There's nothing more annoying than someone taking over a thread by making it all about themselves.

ReputationRep:
      Ahh, glad someone decided to call out the recent saga of AS/AMA bs threads.

You have my axe, leo

ReputationRep:
      I think someone's jelly they ain't popular.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Leftee)
      Ahh, glad someone decided to call out the recent saga of AS/AMA bs threads.

You have my axe, leo
      Good ta hear.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
      I think someone's jelly they ain't popular.

That's not tue
      Spoiler:
      Show
      M'kayyyy
      • Welcome Squad

Are you talking about me?
      Why is everything always about me?
      Why do you hate me?
      God.
      I joke. Although i like how simple you make users sound.

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
      It's always been like this. On every forum there is going to be people who use to for some form of validation and there's nothing is ever going to change that. I dislike AMA threads but at least it keeps them contained. If they're busy answering questions about themselves or posting pictures of themselves it keeps them away from the interesting threads. There's nothing more annoying than someone taking over a thread by making it all about themselves.

ReputationRep:
      The levels of narcissism of some members is disturbing. These are people that you wouldn't invite into your home, yet through a screen they can get to you.

Some of the members on here use this forum as an escape, a place where they can paint a different person, they can be confident, they can be heard, and they can Photoshop the **** out of a couple of photos to get thirsty guys on their side...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Huskaris)
      The levels of narcissism of some members is disturbing. These are people that you wouldn't invite into your home, yet through a screen they can get to you.

Some of the members on here use this forum as an escape, a place where they can paint a different person, they can be confident, they can be heard, and they can Photoshop the **** out of a couple of photos to get thirsty guys on their side...
      Repped, so true.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Huskaris)
      I don't even know if this is a good/bad thing... I guess it's both.

Can give them some confidence or something to hold on to.

But it's sad they have to use a student forum to do so.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArtGoblin)
      It's always been like this. On every forum there is going to be people who use it for some form of validation and there's nothing that is ever going to change that. I dislike AMA threads but at least it keeps them contained. If they're busy answering questions about themselves or posting pictures of themselves it keeps them away from the interesting threads. There's nothing more annoying than someone taking over a thread by making it all about themselves.
      This. And there are one or two repeat offenders...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MrSupernova)
      This. And there are one or two repeat offenders...

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I know who you're on about as well, that's the sad thing about it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.