Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Biomed at Van Mildert! Roll on freshers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosephT)
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone here missed their offer and still got a place? I met my offer but one of my modules is really low and my teacher is really keen to get it remarked. I'm terrified that if it went down (a lot) and my grade changed, I'd lose my place. This was for Philosophy. How lenient do you think they are this year?
    Yeah I missed my offer by one grade but I didn't have to contact admissions or anything so imagine they have a bit of leeway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleana11)
    I'm sociology too though I'm hopefully Butler's, I've not heard yet
    Hopefully you get the college you want! You excited? I'm buzzing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakysquirrel)
    yup! American living in Switzerland. Where are you from?
    No way, do you go to an international school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietheawesome)
    No way, do you go to an international school?
    My sister goes to an international school near Zurich, but because I was almost done with high school when we moved we decided it would be more convenient for me to finish my degree through online school as I had already taken a class through the Indiana University Online High School while I was still in brick-and-mortar high school and we liked the system. I ended up taking some of my other classes through the Stanford and University of Missouri Online High Schools as well and absolutely loved it because I could work at my own pace and subsequently graduate half a year earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anny Smiles)
    That sounds cool! Very different from me, but that's the beauty of combined honours!

Theology, Education & Philosophy... mainly the first two, but I didn't want to do Education Studies with Theology because there wasn't enough flexibility! I was going to look into whether I could do BSL as I have an A in French at A Level, but I don't think the module is running this year </3

Ah, when do we get duo login?! That's super useful, and also really reassuring, I was a little concerned about ending up limited in later years if I don't choose pre-requisite modules!
    Very cool choice of studies as well! As for duo login, I got mine about 2 weeks ago, probably because I didn't have to wait for any exam results like everyone in Britain (assuming you are British ). Shouldn't have too long to wait though since they say they'll send all the information sometime in August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katemaria)
    Hi there! I'll be studying Psychology at Hild Bede!

Any fellow non-UK students here?

I'm from the Caribbean, from the Cayman Islands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_L)
    Woo I'm Mary's too
    YAY did you buy your durham freshers t shirt ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwansy)
    Yeah same here. And yes I did that yesterday but I'm still waiting for Durham to reply to tell me what to do next! Getting super excited to meet all the other freshers
    I called them up and they said the letter from your college, should arrive within a couple of days. Are we the only one's on here, that are studying at Queens campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzz)
    Are we the only one's on here, that are studying at Queens campus?
    No I will be at Queen's campus, along with other pharmacy students. I'm in Snow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzz)
    I called them up and they said the letter from your college, should arrive within a couple of days. Are we the only one's on here, that are studying at Queens campus?
    I'm on Queen's Campus studying Accounting and Finance with foundation. I'm in John Snow

ReputationRep:
    College told me they're posting welcome packs this week but I'm away. So I was just wondering if anyone has received their letter and can tell me what's in it. Thanks (Education and History at Butler, by the way)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm doing Combined Honours in Arts at University College

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing law at Van Mildert, anyone joining me ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Physics at University College (it feels so good to be able to say that!!! ) anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An9ela)
    No I will be at Queen's campus, along with other pharmacy students. I'm in Snow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh finally! Nice to meet you ..oh your in snow, I applied for that originally but was allocated stephenson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmkx)
    I'm on Queen's Campus studying Accounting and Finance with foundation. I'm in John Snow
    Ahh same course! Nice

ReputationRep:
    Combined Honours in Social Sciences at Mary's :yy::yy:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we should receive a confirmation letter through the post from UCAS? If not then I'll need to print out the one online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Collingwood and Psychology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.