The Student Room Group

Could AQA have messed up my grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
Sorry to say the rules have changed which means if you don't ask for the access to script and remark together you can't get the remark. So this won't work

You are misinformed.

You have until 22 August to order a priority copy of the script. You can then get your teachers' view on the fairness of marking. You then have until 19 September to decide whether to go for the re-mark or not.
Reply 41
Original post by einnap101
I have a similar issue with AQA, I've also been a A/B grade student all year for all my subjects, for AQA Psychology A I got a B for AS and in my Unit 3 ended up getting a U???? No idea how that works. It's basically said I got like 12/72 marks which I'm telling you, sounds ridiculous? I have no idea if that's a mistake or if I just really ****ed up?

I got into my insurance choice which I'm happy with, but the overall C grade doesn't look good next to me A and B...

If it is that far from expectations then yea remark
Original post by nmanvi
If it is that far from expectations then yea remark

Even though I've already gotten into a Uni I'm happy with? Like do A-Levels really matter after you've gotten in?..
Reply 43
Really confused as to whether you can get a copy of the script back and then get a remark having looked over the script?
Original post by tumblrgirl
Really confused as to whether you can get a copy of the script back and then get a remark having looked over the script?

Yes you can for A level (but not GCSE) but you have to go for a priority copy of the script and the deadline for applying for these is next Friday 22 August.
Reply 45

Yeah you can
But only for AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aph
Yeah you can
But only for AS

Not correct. If you want a priority re-mark you can't get a script first but if you just want a re-mark then you can get the script back first. This is true for both AS and A2.
Reply 47
Original post by Compost
Not correct. If you want a priority re-mark you can't get a script first but if you just want a re-mark then you can get the script back first. This is true for both AS and A2.

I'll be yelling at my school then because it says any 'priority' request is only for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
This happened to me too! I checked all the answers online afterwards and was so sure it was marked wrong but I don't see how they could have the wrong grades for all three so I'm so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
I'll be yelling at my school then because it says any 'priority' request is only for A2

Priority re-marks are only for people who need a quick answer to secure a university place but you can get one for AS or A2. You can't get a priority script and then a priority re-mark , the logic being if you're prepared to wait for the script you can't be in that much of a hurry.

Priority scripts (which are not available at all for GCSE) are specifically to give you a chance to look at the paper before you decide whether to go for a re-mark. They're available to anyone doing A level units.
Original post by Compost
Priority re-marks are only for people who need a quick answer to secure a university place but you can get one for AS or A2. You can't get a priority script and then a priority re-mark , the logic being if you're prepared to wait for the script you can't be in that much of a hurry.

Priority scripts (which are not available at all for GCSE) are specifically to give you a chance to look at the paper before you decide whether to go for a re-mark. They're available to anyone doing A level units.

Would I be stupid to request a priority re-mark for AS? I don't want to look like an ass, but I am genuinely devastated by my result and can't get in contact with my teachers to discuss it. I've got anxiety and I'm feeling really down at the moment about it so waiting until September for closure when I'll be doing A2s (and with people asking "what did you get?") will make me really worry.
Reply 51
Original post by einnap101
Even though I've already gotten into a Uni I'm happy with? Like do A-Levels really matter after you've gotten in?..

well no they dont matter... dont know why u asked that question if u dont want to remark
Original post by nmanvi
well no they dont matter... dont know why u asked that question if u dont want to remark

LOL ok. I asked the question to see if it's worth a remark.
not sure if i've posted this in the right place but nevermind!
Okay so I got my A level results and I didn't do as well as expected but especially in biology. I've been an A/B student all year and got an A in biology AS last year.
We sat 3 biology papers this year for A2 and I got an E in all three of them. Overall, I got a C thankfully because of the A I got last year.
I wasn't expecting an E in each paper I sat because I didn't think the exams went that badly, I was expecting around at least a C.
The strange part is that I checked on the UMS converter and found that each of the papers I sat this year were bang on the E grade boundary, all exactly the same, one mark less in each of them would have resulted in a U.
So yeah I'm not really an E grade student in biology and I find the UMS situation slightly odd, it's pretty unlikely to get exactly on the grade boundary in each paper.
I managed to get into uni through clearing for my course and that's all sorted, so do you think it's worth having my biology papers remarked, simply for peace of mind?

thanks xx

Hi, I think you should definitely have it remarked! I have just got my AS results and the grade for my AQA English Lit exam is very strangely low (a D when I was on track to get an A!), so my school have said something seems to be wrong with it. As others have said, it is possibly a personal mess up (for both of us) but I completely understand your feelings of confusion - I feel a bit cocky when I say it, but I SHOULDN'T have got a D in that exam! Luckily I got a B overall, but they're still definitely sending it for a remark. Having said that, English is much more subjective. My teacher used the phrase 'examiners are of varying quality...' so basically it could quite possibly be THEIR mistake not yours - and what you say about the UMS marks is definitely very strange and something to be checked out... best of luck with whatever you decide to do and congrats on getting into uni! Have a fab time! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone know if I can get a copy of my paper back after the priority remark has come back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by student261
Does anyone know if I can get a copy of my paper back after the priority remark has come back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes... byt why not get it at the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
I got my results on Thursday and I got AAA but I'm thinking of getting a few remarks. I've secured my uni place but I kinda just want closure on whether I got an A* or not because I really hoping on beating my predicted grades of AAA so that I could take a gap year and reapply for either UCL and Imperial for chemistry (leaning towards chemistry but maybe physics) and when I worked out my averages, they were really close to 90% so it really bugs me.
Maths (OCR MEI) A, C3 - 96/100, C4 - 81/100 - I've already put remarks (C4 is priority) in for both as my average 88.5% -
Chemistry (OCR) A, F324 - 86/90, F325 - 124/150, F326 - 54/60 that is 89% - I've put both F324 (normal) and F325 (priority) in for remarks.

I haven't put physics (AQA PHYSICS A - overall grade A) in for remark yet but I got: PHA4 - 105/120 PHA5D - 98/120 PHA6T - 60/60 that is 87.7%, should I put PHA4 and PHA5D for remarks?

What's the likelihood of these remarks actually being successful? Should I also remark physics?

I'm just so confused
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Would I be stupid to request a priority re-mark for AS? I don't want to look like an ass, but I am genuinely devastated by my result and can't get in contact with my teachers to discuss it. I've got anxiety and I'm feeling really down at the moment about it so waiting until September for closure when I'll be doing A2s (and with people asking "what did you get?") will make me really worry.

Priority re-marks are for people who need an answer in a few days, you do not so don't clog the system up for people who may miss on a university place if they don't get the answer in time. The sensible option would be to go for a priority script now and discuss it with your teacher at the beginning of term but you could always go straight for a re-mark (not a priority one) if you want. If you order it now it will probably be back before th beginning of term anyway.
Original post by Aph
Yes... byt why not get it at the same time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently you can't if it's priority I'm not sure why though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by student261
Apparently you can't if it's priority I'm not sure why though

Posted from TSR Mobile

No priority access to script is to help you decided wether to remark. So you can get a priority remark and a normal access to script

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest