Turn on thread page Beta

Re-sitting the whole AS year for medicine watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbyb94)
    My social life was the least of my worries all I cared about was my grades, but no it didn't. I made new friends from the year and they're even closer to me than the others I had grown up with all those. And I could still go out on weekends, you just hae to work hard and make sure you do the work. But honestly in my opinion when you're in a situation like that you shouldn't really care about your social life being not as fun as before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you've been a lot of help, I have some hope now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Pretty much nil, a handful will consider resits after a2 in extenuating circumstances but none will accept an AS year resit.
    If you have genuine extenuating circumstances (e.g. bereavement of an immediate family member) everywhere other than Edinburgh will accept A2 resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBellyrina)
    Okay. So what about uni? If I'm gonna resit next year what do I tell the universities? Do I not apply till next year? Because my grades are so bad no uni would even look at me.
    No, that is not the case. You apply in September. You put your current AS grades and put them again as pending so they know you're retaking.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    If you have genuine extenuating circumstances (e.g. bereavement of an immediate family member) everywhere other than Edinburgh will accept A2 resits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not entirely true, of the ones I know the specifics of, Barts doesn't accept a2 resits no matter the circumstances and Imperial requires you to have applied to them before.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Just apply to the ones that accept resits/ make sure you have extenuating circumstances. it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    No, that is not the case. You apply in September. You put your current AS grades and put them again as pending so they know you're retaking.
    Okays, Thanks.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.