Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies: Would you appreciate this or find it creepy? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you appreciate this?
    Yes!
    45.95%
    Depends on my mood (please explain)
    24.32%
    No, it's creepy and sleezy.
    29.73%

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to do this just follow 2 simple rules:

1. Be attractive.
    2. Don't be unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    I thinks its not that creepy but it depends on how the girl takes it and the situation....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomguy786)
    If a guy was to walk up to you and say something like, "Hey, I thought you were really beautiful and wanted to say hi", would you find it creepy? Would they have a chance with you?
    Isn't this kinda how to break the ice

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you say it and partly on your body language and facial expression. It depends on your appearance as well, if you're not good looking then it probably won't work.

ReputationRep:
    If a guy was to walk up to you and say something like, "Hey, I thought you were really beautiful and wanted to say hi", would you find it creepy? Would they have a chance with you?
    In my respective viewpoint, I would find statements similar to this slightly creepy. But the main purpose why I would despise this statement is because I do not know that guy, and I do not know the his intentions behind this nor any acknowledgement of his personality. So, yeah... anyone with me on this idea?

ReputationRep:
    What word would you suggest instead then?
    Interesting, maybe? You have a better chance of success if you don't mention the girl's appearance at all imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subjunctivehistorian)
    to be honest if someone did this for me I would find it hilarious and really cute...
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Aw, that's a shame. Is there anything he could possibly do to change your mind? What if he was incredibly attractive and your personalities instantly clicked?
    no hahaha i've been with my boyfriend for four years - there's no one else i would rather be with

i don't look at other people as potential partners any more at all - just friends , so if we clicked it'd only ever be on a friendship level and if i thought he was interested in more i'd cut the contact immediately

ReputationRep:
    Nah not creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotliketea)
    no hahaha i've been with my boyfriend for four years - there's no one else i would rather be with

i don't look at other people as potential partners any more at all - just friends , so if we clicked it'd only ever be on a friendship level and if i thought he was interested in more i'd cut the contact immediately
    Oh right, I thought you meant you would've used the boyfriend thing as an excuse. Didn't think you actually had one haha. Fair enough then!

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely flattered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***OpenSky***)
    Id think you were joking- the joys of low self esteem lol
    me too
    or i would think you were trying to play a practical joke on me...but maybe thats because i watch too many movies...

ReputationRep:
    I think its really cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky345)
    I think its really cute
    Awesome! It's surprising how many people would be offended/creeped out by a simple compliment haha :/

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! It's surprising how many people would be offended/creeped out by a simple compliment haha :/
    maybe you are just asking the wrong girls? girls who get hit on all the time may think its creepy but they are probably used to being complimented constantly
    I don't think you can go wrong complementing a girl, as long as you are being sincere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    It's no creepy per se, but I genuinely find things like that uncomfortable and a bit of invasion of personal space, but that just could because I'm really awkward
    I can only laugh at this bold bit you wrote it's ridiculous, a complement is not an invasion of personal space. Unless the complement is extremely sexual perhaps but this is a positive compliment being given. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily1996)
    To be blatantly honest it depends entirely on if your hot.
    With that statement you are almost saying a woman's idea of being harassed depends on how good the person giving the complement looks. Which most of us guys already know, still when you think of this it's a bit sad at least for the unattractive person giving a complement to be thought of as a pest when he is just giving a friendly compliment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    I can only laugh at this bold bit you wrote it's ridiculous, a complement is not an invasion of personal space. Unless the complement is extremely sexual perhaps but this is a positive complement being given. lol
    It is because it's unexpected. If I'm walking along, minding my own business and someone comes up like that it doesn't make me feel at ease

ReputationRep:
    I'd be flattered because it's a lovely thing to hear XD Unless you're like, drunk out of your mind; I wouldn't trust your judgement...

ReputationRep:
    He he is good looking then its appreciable, he is ugly then its creepy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.