Turn on thread page Beta

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys

Did anyone of u got an email from civil service web that the application have been withdrawn ???

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site I've also applied for the passport officer grade 3, had my phone interview on the 4th Oct and still waiting for a reply, VGN I would get in touch with them as soon as possible if you have received an email saying your application was withdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    A bit confuse here as on HM passport office my application is still under review !!!! it specifically says " Your application has been withdrawn from the civil service website as this campaign was run offline"

Is it that its withdrawn only from civil service website as they are progressing it from the HM Passport account....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    guys im through to the next stage

@Louise Miller .. what are we expecting ??? any questions apart from the competency based questions?? any advice would be much appreciated .. thanx

ReputationRep:
    Well done VGN, (was gonna say, I'd just focus on the primary HMPO recruitment site for all status updates, but anyhow loool )

On the other hand,

Hi everyone (likewise Update!)...

Updates should now soon expected (re; Tele-Interview outcomes), as I moments ago booked onto an upcoming PO1 panel interview @ HMPO... (NB; still awaiting if I also have a P03 one, but will update if/when LOL)

Good Luck all

ReputationRep:
    Hello Justice-officer

Thank you. Im sure you will get a response soon. The panic starts now hehe... where is Louise Miller..she went through it already

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Just an update to say that I too have progressed to the next stage.... Panel interview.
    Big congrats to us all. Hope we all made it through

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Rebecca... Yes hope we all made it through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseMiller)
    Sorry! I wasn't checking the forum. I'm useless, haha.

I have the job based on conditional security checks for grade 3 but I don't have anything to hide so I imagine I should be fine. (:

I think I'm too late to give anyone telephone interview advice (sorry again for not checking, wow) but if you get through to the panel interview let me know! I'll check back and tell you what went on.
    Hi Louise, any hints on the panel interview would be much appreciated. Thank u

ReputationRep:
    @ Justice Officer ... How was ur PO1 interv ??

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a panel interview next week for PO1 London location' would you be able to advice on type of questions they ask ? Are they similar to competence based in application form and telephone interview or different? I am soooo nervous and will appreciate any advice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi VGN any advice for the panel interview would be much appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msh12)
    Hi VGN any advice for the panel interview would be much appreciated. Thank you
    Hi, mine is next week too !

ReputationRep:
    Hey, new to this. I recently had a phone interview(Last week) for the Passport Grade 1 & 3 and got selected to go to London and complete the face-to-face interview however I am nervous like there is no tomorrow!!! Yikes!!:confused: My interview is on Saturday and would like some tips on what to say etc? It says on the email that they will asking questions regarding all 4 components, but wouldn't we just be repeating ourself from what we wrote on application AND phone interview? (for those who used same examples?)

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my interview is also on the 25th oct in London, I believe you can use the same examples you've used in your application, I will!

ReputationRep:
    Ermm what i understood was to prepare examples for 4 competences they mentioned in candidate pack. I guess it should be okay to use the same examples from application process, but just to elaborate further on the experiences and skills we acquire. Best of luck to all of us

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Sorry I'm late to the party again, but for those of you with a panel interview, they ask two questions per competency so it's eight questions in total. You can use your previous examples and elaborate. The qs I remember are that they ask how you creatively solved a problem & how you passed that solution on to other people, ummmm a time you had to work to a strict deadline/under pressure and what happened, that sort of thing.

I was told the panel interview would be 45 minutes, mine took 15!

(Mine was PO3, though - not sure if it's all the same process?)

Good luck (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey VGN, I'm yet to do my interviews....as there taking place this week as well

To all....., I'd agree with others that re-using application examples is normal practice (yet, having two examples for each competency [usually required for longer than 30-mins/higher-grade interviews] may be wiser, if there's time to add further examples etc.), and particularly if first examples aren't explored in-detail and explained rather briefly...

All the best all

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had their interviews?

ReputationRep:
    how long did you have to wait to find out if you got it?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.