Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tappouni)
    Ah good Got a place at Sherren House! Did you find anything? Yeah I signed up for enrolment on the 12th

Also did you get the envelope of offers from QM? There's so many dominos vouchers :P
    No I never when did you get those?

What time is your enrolment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enn21)
    No I never when did you get those?

What time is your enrolment
    Came in the post on Saturday...so yours still might come tomorrow? There's about 10 Dominos buy 1 get 1 free vouchers amongst others...plus 10% off in the gym and a few other offers for the campus stuff

11:00-12:00

ReputationRep:
    Came in the post on Saturday...so yours still might come tomorrow? There's about 10 Dominos buy 1 get 1 free vouchers amongst others...plus 10% off in the gym and a few other offers for the campus stuff

11:00-12:00
    So jealous! Hope I get it too!

Mines 1-2, so you're an hour before me lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enn21)
    So jealous! Hope I get it too!

Mines 1-2, so you're an hour before me lool
    You should do! It's the Students Union that sent it out, so everyone should get it...it's definitely not just for halls people as a friend of mine who's commuting got one (well he actually accidentally got sent 2, hopefully not yours haha )

Not long after There's a fair bit of welcome week stuff like talks for Biochem...no BBQ like the lucky Law students!!

ReputationRep:
    You should do! It's the Students Union that sent it out, so everyone should get it...it's definitely not just for halls people as a friend of mine who's commuting got one (well he actually accidentally got sent 2, hopefully not yours haha )

Not long after There's a fair bit of welcome week stuff like talks for Biochem...no BBQ like the lucky Law students!!
    Looool if I don't get my ones, I'm taking one of his packs!

Yeah there's like so much, OMG they have a BBQ? So not fair our stuff is sooooo boring!

ReputationRep:

Are you attending the talk on Monday at 3:30?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Biochemists, if you've enrolled you can check our timetable in the qmplus website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enn21)
    Are you attending the talk on Monday at 3:30?
    (Original post by Enn21)
    Hey Biochemists, if you've enrolled you can check our timetable in the qmplus website
    Sorry I've not replied in ages, been so busy :L

I probably will go to some of the welcome week ones, can't think which one's at 3:30 off the top of my head but I'll probably go

I swear our timetable can't be right...have you also got only 3 lectures each week - 1 on Monday morning and 2 on Tuesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enn21)
    Yeah we only have 2 days, and sometimes 3 days LOL sometimes Thursday afternoon lectures, it's because we are only doing four modules this year
    That's so good but yeah I guess if we're only doing 4 modules there aren't going to be as many lectures...I think the Biomed people have a fair few more...sucks to be them

ReputationRep:
    That's so good but yeah I guess if we're only doing 4 modules there aren't going to be as many lectures...I think the Biomed people have a fair few more...sucks to be them
    In the second semester we have lectures on three days so let's enjoy the first semester for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enn21)
    In the second semester we have lectures on three days so let's enjoy the first semester for now
    Haha definitely, but for the second semester, 3 days is pushing it a bit...

Going to many of the freshers events?

ReputationRep:
    Haha definitely, but for the second semester, 3 days is pushing it a bit...

Going to many of the freshers events?
    I should be wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys ! I got an offer for Biochemistry with a year in industry for 2015 !! I'm thinking of putting it as my firm choice. (if I don't fail A2) I'll be living at home because it's half an hour away by bus

How are you finding the course so far and Queen Mary in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghna96)
    Hey guys ! I got an offer for Biochemistry with a year in industry for 2015 !! I'm thinking of putting it as my firm choice. (if I don't fail A2) I'll be living at home because it's half an hour away by bus

How are you finding the course so far and Queen Mary in general?
    Well done for the offer!

Been good on the whole I'd say...labs are 'back to basics' I suppose you could say, with things like how to use a microscope and do dilutions, but Chemistry ones this term might be a bit more challenging. Year 2 should be more interesting, I think.

Lectures have been fine, some great lecturers, some not so much, but all the slides are put online, which is helpful

ReputationRep:
    Well done for the offer!

Been good on the whole I'd say...labs are 'back to basics' I suppose you could say, with things like how to use a microscope and do dilutions, but Chemistry ones this term might be a bit more challenging. Year 2 should be more interesting, I think.

Lectures have been fine, some great lecturers, some not so much, but all the slides are put online, which is helpful
    that's helpful, thank you ! Was there a huge jump between a level and uni I mean, did they start off with a level stuff and build it up or did you just have to dive into the unknown?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghna96)
    that's helpful, thank you ! Was there a huge jump between a level and uni I mean, did they start off with a level stuff and build it up or did you just have to dive into the unknown?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't a massive jump really - for the first term at least, they start with trying to bring everyone to the same standard (as there's a range of exam boards people have been with), but then they begin to build it up towards the end of the first term. Second term probably going to be a little more difficult than the first but still manageable!

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't a massive jump really - for the first term at least, they start with trying to bring everyone to the same standard (as there's a range of exam boards people have been with), but then they begin to build it up towards the end of the first term. Second term probably going to be a little more difficult than the first but still manageable!

That's a relief, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.