Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can i meet cute educated guys? watch

(Original post by It's a Classic)
    There are intelligent people everywhere. It depends on where you live and what kind of people you surround yourself with. I'm seventeen but all the people I know are fairly educated and not "chavs".
    I guess but i feel like not very many people are like that around here

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on their own in a cafe with thick framed glasses reading a book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im going to SSFC next year
    What subjects are you studying?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm in Birmingham and I feel like all the guys around here just want to be wannabe chavs and frankly they are all rather irritating. I just want to meet someone who is like minded and so that we can actually exchange a good conversation. But where do I meet someone like that?

I guess its not that long till uni but I'm going to be a cat lady I know it and 16
    When I was 16 all I cared about was school and whether I'd get an A* in English language GCSE. lololol.

It's a bit unfair to say all the guys are wannabe chavs. I'm sure there are males in your year, in Birmingham, who are receiving an education too...

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Birmingham and I feel like all the guys around here just want to be wannabe chavs and frankly they are all rather irritating. I just want to meet someone who is like minded and so that we can actually exchange a good conversation. But where do I meet someone like that?
    post a pic so we can assess ur aesthetics and see if any intelligent guys would actually be attracted 2 u so you r not wsting ur time.

ReputationRep:
    You're still young - focus on school and studies, meeting guys and boyfriend comes when it does, you can't control it :lol: Although I would say that your best bet is through university or perhaps sixth form, you never know.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian Soulmates

ReputationRep:
    Like alphanick?
    i was hinting towards something else but sure (strong no homo)

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand what you mean! I'm from Birmingham too, and the guys here are extremely chavy, and just simply not my type at all. Maybe try online dating/forums? Or go on a girly weekend somewhere? That's a good way to meet new people from different areas.

ReputationRep:
    We ain't all that bad lol I'm from Birmingham too I agree most guys think they're the hardest guy to walk the streets but we ain't all like that trust me haha

ReputationRep:
    I went to Marsten Green once or twice and it was a bit run down, although near the airport which was good for me. There is a lot of chavs around the country.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a colony of cute educated men I can point you to :giggle: But let's start with college? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    I don't think there's a colony of cute educated men I can point you to :giggle: But let's start with college? :dontknow:
    Or the various universities in and around Birmingham...

OP is sixteen and resigned to being 'a cat lady'. :sigh: Wait a few years, OP, then I'm sure you'll meet someone in college / uni etc. and, if not, there's online dating when you're old enough. Right now, I'd steer clear and focus on other things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.