Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    How would it be economically beneficial to leave half the adult population without any income with which to buy goods or services and how would it be beneficial for a company to cut it's potential talent pool in half because some of them might have babies at some point? And if you live in a purely capitalist society where the demand for labour is so low that your workforce is made up of half the working-age population your economy is in the ****ter anyway.
    See my concession. I no longer stand by the hyperbole. The substance of my post was merely that, due to certain physical attributes, if only the ability to produce labour was taken into consideration in employing someone (the logical consequence of a "purely capitalist" economiy, which would be impossible to implement in reality because everything would be too ****ed up to operate) then men>women in the workforce. You haven't argued against that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    And ashamed to be so because of modern male culture. I value and respect everyone no matter who they are but most men are only interested in the number of people they can sleep with and lad culture. It's quite frankly, embarrassing.
    The fact that you're a male feminist is quite frankly, embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoav)
    Yeah I'd say having what are essentially minor contractions and bleeding consistently for days is pretty uncomfortable. But we do this really amazing unheard of thing called 'getting on with it'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hands down that is THEE most bull**** statement i've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pasta6163)
    If you've done your research, you'd know that the problem isn't that there are women who follow their interests in studying "artsy" subjects, but societal discouragement of women going into STEM fields. There shouldn't be any difference between a woman going into either (broadly defined) path, but there is
    Yes but thats not the point is it........................

......the point is that many of the feminists who've not gone into STEM subjects themselves complain that more women should go and learn STEM subjects. Practice what you preach or shut up in reality. These women, if they had any credibility, would go and set an example to others. I know loads of women working in STEM fields doing exactly that and they have a right to encourage such but please don't preach that other people should do this and that when you're not even doing it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    And ashamed to be so because of modern male culture. I value and respect everyone no matter who they are but most men are only interested in the number of people they can sleep with and lad culture. It's quite frankly, embarrassing.
    "Most men"

So you are saying that >50% of men participate in this so-called 'lad culture'?

Maybe this is true from where you live, but it is definitely not true where I live.

ReputationRep:
    I did not say it cannot be felt.

What is it with little keyboard warriors like you? Using a tonne of big words you probably don't even understand. You warp the points people make to suit your own arguments.

:rofl:

Yeah, men are totally more logical. No. Men think with their penises and do whatever is in THEIR best interest.
    If making trivial and childish insults, and demeaning an entire gender, constitutes your argument, then i bid you good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    If making trivial and childish insults, and demeaning an entire gender, constitutes your argument, then i bid you good night.
    It wasn't an insult and isn't it funny that it's okay for you to do that to women yet someone does it to men and you get defensive. How ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    What's embarrassing is that you don't realise that the majority of men aren't actually like this

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't an insult and isn't it funny that it's okay for you to do that to women yet someone does it to men and you get defensive. How ludicrous.
    Yeah, i referred to women as knuckle headed idiots who only think with their vaginae and are incapable of making ration decisions. Oh wait, I did nothing of the sort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    The fact that you're a male feminist is quite frankly, embarrassing.
    Is it? Great, I would rather advocate the rights of women than the rights of mysogynistic, narrowminded, idiots.

Especially considering you think that being friends with homosexuals and feminists makes someone lesser than you. Ha. Continue to live in 1200, I'll live in 2014.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i referred to women as knuckle headed idiots who only think with their vaginae and are incapable of making ration decisions. Oh wait, I did nothing of the sort.
    And yet again he warps my comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoav)
    Yeah I'd say having what are essentially minor contractions and bleeding consistently for days is pretty uncomfortable. But we do this really amazing unheard of thing called 'getting on with it'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you agree entirely with my statement.

ReputationRep:
    See my concession. I no longer stand by the hyperbole. The substance of my post was merely that, due to certain physical attributes, if only the ability to produce labour was taken into consideration in employing someone (the logical consequence of a "purely capitalist" economiy, which would be impossible to implement in reality because everything would be too ****ed up to operate) then men>women in the workforce. You haven't argued against that.
    Businesses decide who to employ on an individual basis and if the best qualified candidate is a woman no employer in their right mind would turn her away because she may or may not need maternity leave at some point down the line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    What's embarrassing is that you don't realise that the majority of men aren't actually like this
    That's a joke for a start. I happen to be male, have a brother and the majority of my family are men. They are all like this and the minority in my school of over a thousand pupils are not. How conveniently in my favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    "Most men"

So you are saying that >50% of men participate in this so-called 'lad culture'?

Maybe this is true from where you live, but it is definitely not true where I live.
    This is the majority. I live in Essex and it is literally everywhere. I see about two people who don't advocate this culture in a week.

ReputationRep:
    Is it? Great, I would rather advocate the rights of women than the rights of mysogynistic, narrowminded, idiots like you.

Especially considering you think that being friends with homosexuals and feminists makes someone lesser than you. Ha. Continue to live in 1200, I'll live in 2014.
    Don't insult me it means nothing... Especially coming from someone like you.

Regarding your last paragraph that is interesting. I've never said that before.

Male feminists are quite embarrassing. Accept it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Businesses decide who to employ on an individual basis and if the best qualified candidate is a woman no employer in their right mind would turn her away because she may or may not need maternity leave at some point down the line.

I agree but that still does not address the point. I see no reason why women>men in the workforce, so taking the maternity leave etc, into account, men would come out on top. And then the physical superiority of men makes them>females in all of the physical labour jobs. That at least, i do not think anybody can find controversial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Don't insult me it means nothing... Especially coming from someone like you.

Regarding your last paragraph that is interesting. I've never said that before.

Male feminists are quite embarrassing. Accept it
    Insults? Like you dish out regularly? Yeah okay. Another person who can give all but cant take any.

Funny because you have.

You're wrong and a bigot, accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Is it? Great, I would rather advocate the rights of women than the rights of mysogynistic, narrowminded, idiots like you.

:ditto: this is brilliant! It's always an amazing thing to see a male feminist, it really pisses me off when I hear people say how can a man be a feminist? As far as I'm concerned if you care about equality (in all fields) then you're a decent person. Also I really think it says something about how important feminism is when both men and women support it.

(sorry cant rep on phone)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    Yes but thats not the point is it........................

......the point is that many of the feminists who've not gone into STEM subjects themselves complain that more women should go and learn STEM subjects. Practice what you preach or shut up in reality. These women, if they had any credibility, would go and set an example to others. I know loads of women working in STEM fields doing exactly that and they have a right to encourage such but please don't preach that other people should do this and that when you're not even doing it yourself.
    I don't understand what you mean. It's important to do what you want to do, beyond anything else. A feminist who pressures a woman into doing something they don't like, just because it's STEM and it'd be an example to other women, is stupid. I've never seen that happen, but I suppose it could. You're applying this to the whole movement though, and that's quite wrong.

The thing is, female visibility in male dominated fields is an important thing. It helps break down silly, artificial gender barriers. So you'll get lots of people encouraging women to apply to such fields. As in if they want to do it, they shouldn't let conventions stop them from doing so. And just because your interests lie in something different, it doesn't mean that you can't support something that'll bring a positive change to society.

For instance, should it be only doctors who are allowed to encourage others to study medicine? Practice what you preach after all.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.