Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by thisistheend)
    Dwarves and midgets also get spotted by model scouts. That means nothing.

I gave that answer without reading your question because it is the answer to everything. Be attractive and you'll also be funny and intelligent.
    Haha, no it is not. You clearly don't know anything. Are you telling me every female on this earth who has friends/boyfriends is attractive? HAHAHA. omg. And so what? I'd know if I was ugly. I am not. I am aware of that. It has nothing to do with my looks or appearance. It has to do with something else. I see really unattractive people in relationships, getting married, having kids etc. Some are fat too. What about them? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I'm not trying to be offensive, but what you say makes no sense.
    You seem confused. I am talking about PLATONIC FRIENDSHIPS. I'm not talking about going up to guys I am attracted to and saying hi. I am talking about different kinds of guys, some nerdy, some ugly, some fat, some hot, etc. who ALL ignore me. And about being funny, well I can't really crack jokes when the guy ends the conversation after I say hi. It's not easy for me.

ReputationRep:
    What's your personality like?
    Interests?
    Hobbies?
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
    Maybe you're too attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you just give off an awkward energy or they assume from the way you look, that they wouldn't have anything in common with you.

(Original post by Nomes89)
    Maybe you just give off an awkward energy or they assume from the way you look, that they wouldn't have anything in common with you.
    But howw?? That doesn't make sense I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong!! I look like all the other girls they talk to :/

ReputationRep:
    Are you introverted or extroverted (or hybrid ?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Instead of just saying "hi" outside in a hall, maybe you could sit next to someone in class and try and strike up a conversation there (they can't just up and leave for a start). If you've been approached for modelling before, I'd say you're obviously good looking - so it's probably guys being shy or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Well you sound like you'd be good looking tbh, so maybe guys are intimidated? But then they would be over the moon if you struck a conversation with them, and it seems like they're not so... Perhaps do a little experiment, talk to some of the guys on here, see if it's your interests or how you drive the convo which puts them off. If you keep the guy's interest on here, then it could be social politics? Maybe rumours or that insipid social hierarchy some people pander to. Maybe some people (stupidly so) feel like they may be judged for talking to you? The only other thing I can think of is maybe you come off too 'try-hard'? Just relax, there MUST be some guys who are interested in talking to you, and just ignore the others who act like *******s, they don't deserve your attention if they're not willing to put in any effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Actually looks aren't that important.

Even if you were super attractive but a useless unemployed lump with no ambition in life, it would repel most men.
    No it wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    No it wouldn't
    Probably wouldn't repel them from a shag but for a long term relationship it's likely to.

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic and we can see what you look like.

ReputationRep:
    Truth is we can not say why guy's don't approach you without really knowing you, other people have made good points such as perhaps you are not attractive still I cannot fully agree with this because attraction is not the only reason we communicate with each other. It's not a friendship killer maybe a boyfriend girlfriend killer but I would not say it's incredibly important in friendship but It does have it's part.

One thing that may stop me talking to a girl is if she was totally different from me something that basically makes her seem that she's already part of a certain group and won't have any connection with me like say a goth/emo girl not to say it's not possible to connect to one but their clear external choice in dress sense may tell me and she ain't gonna gel and from my experience it does seem to be the case with these types of girls.

Another point is I talk to a few girls and usually you will talk to one and the conversation simply goes nowhere it's like I don't feel an emotional connection with her or I don't feel the conversation is really flowing well and sometimes there are girls who don't even try and input into the conversation so you start thinking why waste your time attempting to talk to them if they don't ever change.

When there are girls who I do talk to who seem way more in control of themselves , way more one could say outspoken perhaps that's the wrong word, when I say outspoken I don't mean they are loud but simply that they do not have to be constantly asked questions to get them out of some shy/confident shell. These girls who you want to talk to interest you because they actually offer you something in a conversation it's not all one way there is a actually a conversation not what feels with some girls like an interview and you can crack a joke with them and they with you.

Also when I think of these girls I like to talk to for me I think it's the difference between being a young woman and actually growing into what is a mature woman not simply physically but emotionally and intellectually. At the end of the day a conversation is can be a few minutes to an hour possibly of your time, so you might as well spend those few moments with someone who will nourish your mind even if it's just for a small amount of time.

By the way not saying that you are a girl I would not talk to because really I do not know you, just giving you my view from experience. I never simply not talk to a girl when it comes to friendship because of how they look. I do try to be fair and get to know someone if it don't work out well obviously there would be no lasting friendship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys are not interested in me. The act so strange!! It's so frustrating. I have never even been asked out of been on a date. I'm not just talking about dating/relationships. Guys just don't seem to want to talk to me as friends either! They stand far from me and are much happier talking to other girls. I'm average looking and nice. I don't smell or anything lol. I just don't understand! I see girls and guys talking to each other and the guys always look really interested in the girl. Whenever I talk people just don't care. Even when I say a joke they laugh but look away quickly or just don't seem interested at all. It is really making me sad and frustrated. I want to be friends with guys as well!
    Mayhaps they actually find you really really attractive but think they have no chance so go for slightly less attractive girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Probably wouldn't repel them from a shag but for a long term relationship it's likely to.
    No, there are plenty of hawt bimbos in relationships.... in fact with an average IQ of 100 i'd say being dumb is probably the norm. Truth is most blokes would rather a hot chick that's not too bright over a smart fugly chick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEatMuFFiNS)
    No, there are plenty of hawt bimbos in relationships.... in fact with an average IQ of 100 i'd say being dumb is probably the norm. Truth is most blokes would rather a hot chick that's not too bright over a smart fugly chick
    I'd be willing to be that those hawt bimbos are in a relationship with an equally personality deprived guy. Though I won't deny they are probably more likely to go for a hot dimwit than a smart ugly girl they are probably more likely to go with an average girl with a personality than a hot girl with no personality in terms of a long term relationship and settling down.

(Original post by Yeah dude)
    Are you introverted or extroverted (or hybrid ?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hybrid lol

(Original post by Zantetsuken)
    Instead of just saying "hi" outside in a hall, maybe you could sit next to someone in class and try and strike up a conversation there (they can't just up and leave for a start). If you've been approached for modelling before, I'd say you're obviously good looking - so it's probably guys being shy or whatever.
    Yeah I've done that before. Even for projects, I'm always the friendly one trying to get to know everyone etc. and the girls are nice but I always get ignored by the guys. I'm always the person who tries to get to know others and is really friendly but I never get treated the same way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hybrid lol
    Toyota Prius? Is that you? :confused:

(Original post by Mancini)
    Truth is we can not say why guy's don't approach you without really knowing you, other people have made good points such as perhaps you are not attractive still I cannot fully agree with this because attraction is not the only reason we communicate with each other. It's not a friendship killer maybe a boyfriend girlfriend killer but I would not say it's incredibly important in friendship but It does have it's part.

One thing that may stop me talking to a girl is if she was totally different from me something that basically makes her seem that she's already part of a certain group and won't have any connection with me like say a goth/emo girl not to say it's not possible to connect to one but their clear external choice in dress sense may tell me and she ain't gonna gel and from my experience it does seem to be the case with these types of girls.

Another point is I talk to a few girls and usually you will talk to one and the conversation simply goes nowhere it's like I don't feel an emotional connection with her or I don't feel the conversation is really flowing well and sometimes there are girls who don't even try and input into the conversation so you start thinking why waste your time attempting to talk to them if they don't ever change.

When there are girls who I do talk to who seem way more in control of themselves , way more one could say outspoken perhaps that's the wrong word, when I say outspoken I don't mean they are loud but simply that they do not have to be constantly asked questions to get them out of some shy/confident shell. These girls who you want to talk to interest you because they actually offer you something in a conversation it's not all one way there is a actually a conversation not what feels with some girls like an interview and you can crack a joke with them and they with you.

Also when I think of these girls I like to talk to for me I think it's the difference between being a young woman and actually growing into what is a mature woman not simply physically but emotionally and intellectually. At the end of the day a conversation is can be a few minutes to an hour possibly of your time, so you might as well spend those few moments with someone who will nourish your mind even if it's just for a small amount of time.

By the way not saying that you are a girl I would not talk to because really I do not know you, just giving you my view from experience. I never simply not talk to a girl when it comes to friendship because of how they look. I do try to be fair and get to know someone if it don't work out well obviously there would be no lasting friendship.
    Yeah, I definitely understand what you mean and I know not every guy is going to talk to me based on what you said because I might not look like someone he would get along with/could have a conversation with, but this happens with all guys, even ones that are like me lol. It's really weird and I know it sounds crazy but I'm not exaggerating. As for appearances, well I don't want to sound arrogant which I am not but I am fairly good looking. I am not the most beautiful or anything but I think I am attractive and I definitely do not just answer a guy's questions and not say anything intersting. I'm actually the person who asks the questions like an interview and the guy I am talking to won't say anything else lol. It's so frustrating and annoying. Then the same guy will go to a girl and start asking her questions like I did with him. lol ergh
    Also, even if I was ugly that really has nothing to do with this so I m still confused about why people bring up looks. I mean, I have seen some really ugly girls in relationships with actual hot guys, and friends with them etc so looks never matter even in dating. I think people really don't care about looks that much.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just in your head and they treat you the same as most girls? Or maybe they get the impression that you really want to be friends and it turns them off a bit?
    Honestly my advice would be to not let it bother you and just get on with it, and then you'll probably seem more relaxed anyway. You don't really need male friends tbh as long as you have friends it doesn't really matter what gender they are. Do you think women like you?

(Original post by Danz123)
    Well you sound like you'd be good looking tbh, so maybe guys are intimidated? But then they would be over the moon if you struck a conversation with them, and it seems like they're not so... Perhaps do a little experiment, talk to some of the guys on here, see if it's your interests or how you drive the convo which puts them off. If you keep the guy's interest on here, then it could be social politics? Maybe rumours or that insipid social hierarchy some people pander to. Maybe some people (stupidly so) feel like they may be judged for talking to you? The only other thing I can think of is maybe you come off too 'try-hard'? Just relax, there MUST be some guys who are interested in talking to you, and just ignore the others who act like *******s, they don't deserve your attention if they're not willing to put in any effort.
    Yeah they are not intimidated haha they just don't seem interested, not shy or anything. They just seem more interested to talk to any other girl but me. Do you mean I should talk to the guys here online? I don't have a problem talking to guys online, it's just in person lol! I guess it is my appearance..weird because I am not ugly or anything. What social hierarchy though? I mean I am not different from the other girls they talk to..these other girls aren't more popular than me or anything. I'm not a try-hard either, I am just naturally friendly and open minded. I will probably not bother with this too much anymore though. Something is not working and I don't know what it is so I guess I'll just stop talking to guys now. You're right, they don't deserve my attention haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 7, 2014
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.