Durham offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Charlescharles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jamie S)
That does not reflect the pretigousness of the university... Most courses at Durham are above AAA in entry requirement. Most universities will have courses with low entry requirements, even places such as LSE and UCL.
I'm aware. Ditto LSE, my offer there is for ABB, even lower!
Imzee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Charlescharles)
I'm aware. Ditto LSE, my offer there is for ABB, even lower!
Hey charles, could you please tell me your Course for Lse, Your As grades and Your predicted?
-Thanks
username1219778
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applied for Combined Honours in Arts in Eng Lit Politics History and Sociology, to Butler college (no offer though haha) anyone else apply for this course?
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rubgangsci)
*sigh* it is prestige, not prestigiousness. Thank you for exemplifying my point. With predictions of 4A*s, I would hope to end up at Cambridge, but my back up is Durham. And if I do get 4A*s, it's not unreasonable to not want to end up in the same place as someone with AAB or anything like that.
I'm so going to laugh if you get rejected from Cambridge.
daisystones
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MagicJigsaw)
I'm so going to laugh if you get rejected from Cambridge.
I want to like this, but I feel it would be mean 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
perphation
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Vasudha07)
CBSE 85%+ for Archaeology and Anthropology!
Cool you've got an arch and anth offer too!! Grats! Where else did you apply to and will you be firming Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kirsty0712
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=daisystones;51660947]I want to like this, but I feel it would be mean ������

I don't think it's mean especially with what he's had to say. I will definitely laugh:bban:
Vasudha07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by perphation)
Cool you've got an arch and anth offer too!! Grats! Where else did you apply to and will you be firming Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Oxford, UCL, Durham, St Andrews and Edinburgh.

And I've received an offer from durham and St. Andrews. So, hard to decide!😅
And I'm awaiting Oxford, UCL and Edinburgh's offer.

What about you?
perphation
Rep:
?
I applied to Oxford, UCL, Durham, St Andrews and Edinburgh.

And I've received an offer from durham and St. Andrews. So, hard to decide!������
And I'm awaiting Oxford, UCL and Edinburgh's offer.

What about you?
I've actually applied to Oxford and UCL too! I got an offer from UCL and yes, I'm waiting for Oxford to respond too. I've also got an offer from Manchester, and I'm currently waiting on LSE. By the way, which college did you apply to for Oxford?
Vasudha07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've actually applied to Oxford and UCL too! I got an offer from UCL and yes, I'm waiting for Oxford to respond too. I've also got an offer from Manchester, and I'm currently waiting on LSE. By the way, which college did you apply to for Oxford?

I've been allocated to St. Peter's.
You?
perphation
Rep:
?
I've been allocated to St. Peter's.
You?
Magdalen! The wait for interview offers is so painful.
Pia B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've applied to Oxford (Magdalen), Durham, and UCL, and still waiting for a reply from all three.

I applied for straight Archaeology at UCL - did you do the questionnaire? How did you think it went? I just finished and sent mine off!
perphation
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pia B)
I've applied to Oxford (Magdalen), Durham, and UCL, and still waiting for a reply from all three.

I applied for straight Archaeology at UCL - did you do the questionnaire? How did you think it went? I just finished and sent mine off!
Woah I've finally found someone who's applying for arch and anth at Magdalen (everyone else I've came across on TSR have applied to either Hertford or Keble.) I did do the questionnaire from UCL and I thought my answers were rather cheesy but alas I got accepted right after the weekend I sent my questionnaire off. Where else did you apply to?
superduperweirdo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey , anyone has Durham law offers yet ?
Vasudha07
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Magdalen! The wait for interview offers is so painful.
I know right? And I even told them that I won't be able to attend the interview in person. :/

I'm not expecting much from UCL either. My questionnaire wasn't great!
perphation
Rep:
?
I know right? And I even told them that I won't be able to attend the interview in person. :/

I'm not expecting much from UCL either. My questionnaire wasn't great!
Hopefully they'll reply in the next week or so.

My questionnaire for UCL didn't seem all that good either. I actually consulted a friend of mine on the question on whether human remains should be exhumed and displayed in museums, since that is an ethical issue and he's a debater so I figured he'd have some fresh perspectives on it. I finished the questionnaire and sent it into UCL before he replied me about that question and his arguments just made mine seem so horribly simplistic that I didn't think I'd get in.
victoriatayylor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kirsty0712)
Not yet but then again my LNAT is booked for the 27th. Have you taken yours yet? Which College did you apply to?
I was an early applicant, as I also applied to Oxford so I was hoping I might hear from them earlier! Yeah I had to take mine in October. Castle, you?
vineetgiri007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey Everyone ..
Just recieved my offer for Msc Management 2015 ...supperrr happpy anyone from similar background ? cya all at durham
vineetgiri007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CBSE 85%+ for Archaeology and Anthropology!
hey vasudha
also from india * mumbai*
I just got my offer for Msc management 2015 .lets connect
lauzjw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Theology and religion, AAB, received last week about 4 weeks after sending my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Mon, 1 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • Durham University
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads