When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

Lewlath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dont understand why people want a manager sacked if they perform poorly for a few months. Maybe its the players that people should take the blame on.
UnWise
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lewlath)
Dont understand why people want a manager sacked if they perform poorly for a few months. Maybe its the players that people should take the blame on.
But then again, Brendan has signed many of said players.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's a bang average manager in all honesty. Obviously the form of Suarez propelled him into a position that he himself did not earn and in any case; what happened to his 'passing football' philosophy that saw him into 7th in his first season? Basically Suarez's abilities meant he abandoned that failed project for a season and now he's back to where he started, unable to get the team playing in any coherent tactical set up.

His transfers are ludicrous, but that's nothing new for Liverpool, and he's unable to get any kind of defence sorted despite spending over £60m on defenders. Dreadful.

I expect at least 4 points from AFC/LFC games this season actually. Really dont rate LFC at all. I see Liverpool finishing 5th this season, with him staying on before being sacked this time next season.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rafa had about 8 million to spend this summer and signed Koulibaly for 2 million euros from Genk.

Remember that because when a club signs him in 3 years for 25 million that will be a 23 million pound profit.

Don't forget about Callejon who signed for 6 million and will now command a fee of over 20 million.

#BringRafaBack
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We're destined to be the new Tottenham.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
We're destined to be the new Tottenham.
nah; this Liverpool, same as the old Liverpool.

Least LFC have the hope that things will eventually get better, Spurs are in perpetual cycles of false hope.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
He's a bang average manager in all honesty. Obviously the form of Suarez propelled him into a position that he himself did not earn and in any case; what happened to his 'passing football' philosophy that saw him into 7th in his first season? Basically Suarez's abilities meant he abandoned that failed project for a season and now he's back to where he started, unable to get the team playing in any coherent tactical set up.

His transfers are ludicrous, but that's nothing new for Liverpool, and he's unable to get any kind of defence sorted despite spending over £60m on defenders. Dreadful.

I expect at least 4 points from AFC/LFC games this season actually. Really dont rate LFC at all. I see Liverpool finishing 5th this season, with him staying on before being sacked this time next season.
I agree with this, I think he's not a bad manager as such, I just think he's let last season's success get to his ego a bit.

Plus, a lot of people have questioned our (United) buying policy (myself included) when Liverpool have spent damn near £200m on players of which, I only really rate Coutinho and Sturridge.

I don't think they should sack him unless they have a better appointment lined up, but knowing Liverpool they'll go for someone silly like Gary Monk (no disrespect to him, decent manager, just inexperienced)

(Original post by Bubzeh)
Rafa had about 8 million to spend this summer and signed Koulibaly for 2 million euros from Genk.

Remember that because when a club signs him in 3 years for 25 million that will be a 23 million pound profit.

Don't forget about Callejon who signed for 6 million and will now command a fee of over 20 million.

#BringRafaBack
Are you a Napoli fan?

(I ask because of your sig)
al_94
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rodgers made Liverpool perform way above their expectations last season. They were so close to winning the league. If they sack Rodgers who will be his replacement? I think they should keep him just because he made some bad signings doesn't mean he should be sacked.
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by al_94)
Rodgers made Liverpool perform way above their expectations last season. They were so close to winning the league. If they sack Rodgers who will be his replacement? I think they should keep him just because he made some bad signings doesn't mean he should be sacked.
It's been painfully obvious since even before the start of last season that they needed to improve their defence; yet he hasn't really done much to address that; and the ones he has brought in have for the large part been average.

Their defence is what cost them the title last year, and it will be what costs them a top 4 finish this year.

Plus there performances and surge up the table after Christmas last year was massively influenced by the fact they had no other competitions to focus on so they were playing one game every 7 days whilst their title rivals played every 3 to 4. Funnily enough though that was never picked up by the dozens of ex-Liverpool pundits that dominate media coverage.
The_Mighty_Bush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Shed End)
Plus there performances and surge up the table after Christmas last year was massively influenced by the fact they had no other competitions to focus on so they were playing one game every 7 days whilst their title rivals played every 3 to 4. Funnily enough though that was never picked up by the dozens of ex-Liverpool pundits that dominate media coverage.
Firstly, everyone one was mentioning or saying that. It was all over the bbc football twitter hashtag.

The other problem is that it is a stupid point. The vast majority of big teams that win titles, also end up playing in Europe beyond Christmas. The big teams have large squads packed with quality rotation options and also I don't think that it has as much of an effect as you think it does.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They should give the job to this kid.
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
Firstly, everyone one was mentioning or saying that. It was all over the bbc football twitter hashtag.

The other problem is that it is a stupid point. The vast majority of big teams that win titles, also end up playing in Europe beyond Christmas. The big teams have large squads packed with quality rotation options and also I don't think that it has as much of an effect as you think it does.
Eh? Liverpool had an enormous advantage over both sides. Not only having the best striker in the league they didn't pick up injuries or tire out other players because they weren't playing every few days.

Hazard was arguably the best player around Christmas-February scoring in almost every match; but was over relied upon and so overworked and got injured; whereas Liverpool didn't have that problem with their key players such as Suarez and Gerrard.

Liverpool were the creators of their own downfall; and that has to ultimately be the fault of Brendan Rodgers.

And don't kid yourself. Whilst some outlets might have acknowledged the less games they played (almost 20 compared to Chelsea); Sky, BBC, BT etc were far far too up Liverpool's arse about claiming it was 'fate' and 'written in the stars' for their precious Stevie G to lift the title on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough; as if every neutral in the land wanted them to win.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by al_94)
Suarez made Liverpool perform way above their expectations last season. They were so close to winning the league
Fixed that for you
Bubzeh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Are you a Napoli fan?

(I ask because of your sig)
Yeah. Forza Naples
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Yeah. Forza Naples
That's cool.

Not gonna pretend I know a lot about them, I don't...
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Fixed that for you
Why wasn't Suarez able to make Liverpool over perform and challenge in his first two seasons?
JPhair96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Given the large sums of money he has spent on players that are yet to convincingly prove themselves at LFC, I think the deciding factor on Brendan Rodger's future tenure will be if we qualify for the Champion's League again next year.

Whilst I have no problems with John Henry, I think he is an understandably shrewd owner who will give managers the boot (look at Kenny Dalglish for example) if they spend large quantities of money and/or do not perform.

Granted it was going to be an impossible task to replace Suarez completely but I think his loss and a seemingly poor showing in the transfer window has only painfully exemplified the many weaknesses in LFC's current squad.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having overachieved one season, Rodgers will be given one season grace to underachieve imo. FSG are ruthless but also very considered when hiring/firing (see Red Sox).

If he doesn't achieve CL football for next season (subject to being close), I think he'll get one more season to sort it out.
Bubzeh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rafa never had this amount of cash to spent.

Give Rafa it.

July, 2015. It's happening!!
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha poor Brendan. He's lucky his midweek call payed off and Real didn't decimate his second XI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed