(Original post by lou 22)
So not funny would neg rep if i could!!
Too late, already negged you

username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a disgusting song with a disgusting meaning.

"Boys want a little more booty to hold at night" Yeah, have you ever heard of the phrase "Only a dog wants a bone"? Well, this is basically what her lyrics are meaning. Not cool. Boys are different and like A RANGE body types: thin, athletic, plump, and curvy. To insinuate that they only like one kind is highly insulting. And as if her subtle message about what she thinks about thin people wasn’t bad enough, she immediately tries to suggest that all skinny people think that they’re fat (have a eating disorder/ ect.) which only puts them down even further.

The main message is that "it's ok if you're fat, boys like you" which is awful. Girls, there is more to life than, according to this woman, being fat so boys like you.

I hate that woman with a passion and if I ever see her in person I will go up to her and call her a fat ***** because she thinks it's ok to call me a skinny one. These things work both ways.
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's awful :lol:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm fairly sure that it's all in treble clef, no bass, so I hate it.
Larissa14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
why does Megan spell her name wrong ?
ts not wrong, I know people called Meghan. It's a bit like Rachel , it can be spelt like Rachel Or Rachael ? You see
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mediocre vocals
Catchy song
Good beat
Skinny shames

:erm:
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Larissa14)
ts not wrong, I know people called Meghan. It's a bit like Rachel , it can be spelt like Rachel Or Rachael ? You see
thanks for explaining Clarissa
Larissa14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
thanks for explaining Clarissa
Haha, a, sorry for pint out the obvious but had to be said :cool:
but Clarissa is a totally different name from Larissa though

I do like that song all about the bass , do t care about the lyrics though, I just like the beat
-Rainbow Drops-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why do fat girls think its okay to criticise healthy skinny people? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rlove95
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pushing down others to make yourself feel better is never okay. Instead of saying all body shapes are beautiful or something mildly cheesy but still positive she decides to turn it around and say big = good and skinny = bad. She's just as bad as the people she's trying to rebel against.
Izzyyyyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I seriously hate that song. How is body shaming more slim girls to make larger girls feel better any better than the "photoshopping" and society that Megan is criticising in the song anyway! It's a bit hypocritical. And I know she says the whole "just kidding" but that's BS as the whole song is her looking down on skinnier girls and saying that guys prefer larger girls which could make girls feel bad about themselves which surely is what the song was trying to stop? Ey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The song is catchy but I don't like the message of the lyrics. Like someone else said, it places emphasis on male opinion of female bodies rather than just being happy within yourself about how you look.

Also, being overweight is not healthy so why promote it as the new ideal?

Also she is *****ing about girls skinnier than her to make herself feel better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads